Fourustwentius' updated cockpit 01/01/10:)Wheel, homemade adapter,seat color!

Fourustwentius
So I started gettin into the sim setup, made one, hated it. The newest rendition is way better in my opinion. Just have to tweak a few items and paint and she'll be done. The whole setup only cost me $30 (GSR seat from Craigslist).

S5001818.jpg

S5001817.jpg

S5001819.jpg

Last edited:
That's a nice setup but if thats a baby pen in the background then you have way way too many sharp edges. You need to grind them off and put lots of padding on your corners Racing games are fun but don't let your kid get hurt because of them!

OpelGT1969: No doubt that there are some corners that need protecting, and will recieve the treatment when paint time comes. Until then the little one is no where near the deathproof cockpit.

So I stripped down the seat frame, grinded corners, filled and sanded welds, cut off front cross member, and the son sanded the frame for paint. Tomorrow hopefully will be a paint the frame day.

Well, Mr. Chilicoke himself. Your setup is why I became so excited about sims. I must have looked at that thing fifty times now. Quite the fabrication feat, especially the carbon fiber work. Thank you for the kudos, but I know it looks like trash right now. I needed to post something in order to get me motivated to finish it.:)

Quick update, prepped for paint. Although, I still may bondo the welds, haven't quite decided yet on that one. Oh yeah, here's a pic of my fat pale butt in the first, very rough rendition. I saw Chilicoke's soon after making this monstrosity, and well the rest is downhill.

Please pardon the "Joe Dirt" look, I had just taken off the coveralls after welding. You can blame the military for the haircut though :).
S5001803.jpg

S5001822.jpg

S5001820.jpg

S5001821.jpg

I'll probably paint it and then put some black carpet on the foot rest area.

Oh yeah, OpelGt1969: I picked up some door edge gaurds for the sides of the foot area. I was in the store and thought about how you pointed out the playpen and safety. Good to know there are people who care on this site. :)

Well, Mr. Chilicoke himself. Your setup is why I became so excited about sims. I must have looked at that thing fifty times now. Quite the fabrication feat, especially the carbon fiber work. Thank you for the kudos, but I know it looks like trash right now. I needed to post something in order to get me motivated to finish it.:)

Not at all, I have high respect for all DIY efforts and your cockpit looks great! I'm sure it will look even better after paint!👍

Are your brake & clutch pedals upside-down? :P

Not at all, I have high respect for all DIY efforts and your cockpit looks great! I'm sure it will look even better after paint!👍

Are your brake & clutch pedals upside-down? :P

Yeah, um, I was in a hurry to test the mock-up:idea:Nice eye for detail although that does'nt surprise me :D I might have to change steering wheels too after seeing your setup, that means new paddle shifters too; darn, more work:) My wife's going to make me sleep in this thing. Oh well, I'll post pics after it's all set up.

Here she is in all her glory. Although it is not the engineering masterpiece that Chilicoke made, I still think she can hang with some of the ones that are sold online. Thanks for looking everyone! :D

P.S. "Santa" has'nt come yet so the present pile is looking small.

S5001840.jpg

S5001839.jpg

S5001838.jpg

S5001837.jpg

S5001836.jpg

S5001835.jpg

...with on-wheel buttons to be added soon? ;)

Perhaps, but only for an e-brake and No2, IF GT5 offers the "go fast gas". In the meantime I have another trick up my sleeve (that I don't believe anyone has pioneered yet)..........

Last edited:
Update for new paint, and steering wheel. The Vinyl and Fabric paint work pretty well. I was able to make an adapter out of some brass I had lying around. If anyone wants to know how to make one just p.m. me. Disclaimer, the adapter is not easy to make and I would highly reccomend buying Chilicoke's adapter from www.chilicoke.com. You will save yourself quite a bit of effort, and his price is very reasonable. That being said, I already spend a lot of time fabricating so it was just another project. 8)

S5001892.jpg

S5001891.jpg

S5001887.jpg

And byahh! There go the retinas.
S5001890.jpg

Here is an unrelated pic to show what I do in my free time. This was one of the wife's Christmas presents this year.
S5001874.jpg

S5001873.jpg

Last edited:
Back