FP_FRS Week 12: Rally of the Alps

It is. Rolls over far too easily and that annoys the crap out of me.

Also, I cleaned up the LB a bit; us D2 guys were marked down as Masters. :P

I take it that it's ok if the body of the car hits the ground while the tyres aren't as at the moment on my fastest lap the car goes off the jump and hits the rear bumper on the ground before anything else which gave me enough turn in so that I didn't hit the outside wall. It looks quite odd in the replay for a fast lap though.

I'm running longer sessions without restarting than usual because it's taking me up to 3 laps to warm the tyres.

No need for apologies. I actually thought we were all promoted somehow... I even checked the Registry thread and everything. :lol:

I really like the tune you posted, Fog. Got a 1:34.078 out of it, which will probably be the best I can do this week. Edit - nope, did almost a second better on my next try. Time submitted. Again, great tune, thanks!

You're welcome. I used the calculator that Slave Munky built to get close and then make little changes to get some more grip. On this one it was just tire pressure and downforce. Of course if you are getting a full second better than I am it means that I have to run a bunch more laps tonight to see if I can close the gap:D

Car specifications:

665 or 672 PI Class S (100% Fully Upgraded) 1980 Renault 5 Turbo

672, maximum.

I Know it show 665 or 672 but it also said 100% upgraded if it is a max of 672
then it is not 100% upgraded because the rim size does help with handling
a little bit so is it max 672 or 100% upgraded I just want to be able to post the a legal time I have been using the car 100% upgraded 673

Car specifications:

665 or 672 PI Class S (100% Fully Upgraded) 1980 Renault 5 Turbo

I Know it show 665 or 672 but it also said 100% upgraded if it is a max of 672
then it is not 100% upgraded because the rim size does help with handling
a little bit so is it max 672 or 100% upgraded I just want to be able to post the a legal time I have been using the car 100% upgraded 673
Hm. Compelling point; 673 it is.

All times on the LB thus far are now illegal. Nah. They're legal. :P

This track, the whole set of 6 tracks, is just awful.

Submitted my time of 1:35.852 and posted the replay since I will be gone until next Friday. I will be honest and say I only gave it 2 laps each time I ran.

This is probably my worst week but this combo is by far my least favorite. Maybe we can do another week where we don't completely max out a car when we tune it. We shall see.

I completely agree, I ran this a few times and had absolutely zero fun. It is a terrible "track" and the S class turbo is a mess.
Luckily next week's looks like it will make up for this fiasco.

Challenging challenge was challenging.

There will be more of these, although not with such an uninspiring car.

After getting used to the car it was quite nice actually, the understeer remained while I learnt that I should turn a while before I usually would.

Submitting my time now, really happy with my lap even though I suspect it was actually quite slow (for D1) but hopefully a miracle can happen.

You're welcome. I used the calculator that Slave Munky built to get close and then make little changes to get some more grip. On this one it was just tire pressure and downforce. Of course if you are getting a full second better than I am it means that I have to run a bunch more laps tonight to see if I can close the gap:D

I had been trying to use that same approach, using that calculator as a baseline and then moving the various controls around to get a better response. I was making some progress, but still struggling a bit with how unruly the car was. It seems to me that his calculator sets the car frequency (damping) way too low, leading to a slow response and a "boaty" feel. Once I tried what you put together, I stopped working on mine :)

After getting used to the car it was quite nice actually...

There were a lot of people who didn't like this week's offering, but I really enjoyed the challenge. I think that the high difficulty may have led to a breakthrough in my "driving" abilities, but we'll have to see how the times work out there! The difficulty of controlling the power-driven oversteer during the first half of the course and the plowing understeer on the second half of the course (sweeping turns) really made me learn how to use small steering inputs, instead of just mashing the stick over to the stop when the car wouldn't turn like I wanted it to.

I felt this way after running the qualifier, too, which wasn't easy if I recall... Really great challenge. More please!

I submitted my time, improved a bit, but not enough. I was on the edge of control for most every run and out of it for some as well. I do not think a passenger would have enjoyed the ride.

Back