ForzaPlanetlogo.jpg

:: Official FP_Registry Discussion Thread ::

FRSQualifier1.jpg

:: Open Discussion for Matters Related to the Registry for FM4 ::

FRSQualifier8.jpg

Registry is now open!

Discuss away!

Jerome

Well I'm certainly going to be participating, which will guarantee everyone else that they will not be last).

Can I however just ask was the car and track combo picked just to frustrate the hell out of me?

Scaff

Can I however just ask was the car and track combo picked just to frustrate the hell out of me?

Welcome to FRS. This is only the beginning of frustration. :dopey:

In all seriousness, I'm gonna guess the combo was picked to see how well one can handle a powerful car on a track with off camber turns to properly place in the right division. Took me awhile to get a clean lap.

Well I'm certainly going to be participating, which will guarantee everyone else that they will not be last).

Scaff

Not intentionally :P

This combo essentially has it all. Weight shifts, hairpins, speed, sweeping turns, straight-aways and a car that can turn on you if you push her too hard. We think it's a good test on the above situations and we're hoping it will give a closer indication of everyone's 'personal limit' without it being too tough.

NOTE: With that being said, the combo was tested before Turn 10 fixed the Simulation Steering. So if you want/need to switch to Normal steering, please feel free to do so.

If you have submitted your time already with the Simulation Steering and want to re-submit your time using Normal steering, just shoot me a pm so I can delete your old time.

EDIT: I've updated the Qualifier with the In-Game Difficulty Options for everyone to follow 👍

Jerome

Gonna need to get some time in because me and Infineon don't get along as it is.

Why I even agreed to this track is beyond me; Jerome hypnotized me... I don't know. :lol:

Not intentionally :P

This combo essentially has it all. Weight shifts, hairpins, speed, sweeping turns, straight-aways and a car that can turn on you if you push her too hard. We think it's a good test on the above situations and we're hoping it will give a closer indication of everyone's 'personal limit' without it being too tough.

NOTE: With that being said, the combo was tested before Turn 10 fixed the Simulation Steering. So if you want/need to switch to Normal steering, please feel free to do so.

If you have submitted your time already with the Simulation Steering and want to re-submit your time using Normal steering, just shoot me a pm so I can delete your old time.

EDIT: I've updated the Qualifier with the In-Game Difficulty Options for everyone to follow 👍

Jerome

Gonna need to get some time in because me and Infineon don't get along as it is.

Why I even agreed to this track is beyond me; Jerome hypnotized me... I don't know. :lol:

Had a quick go last night and the Nascar layout is my least favourite at Infineon and I'm going to have to work a lot to get a good (for me) clean lap out of the car.

Once I start to push and get to the back half of the track it gets horribly wrong, I end up overdriving the damn thing and it bites me, repeatedly.

Grrrrr (in a fun but frustrating way)

Scaff

register for what?

Register to be part of the weekly Forza Race Series (FRS). When you register, you will be placed in a division to compete with similarly skilled drivers. It's great fun if you haven't done anything like it before 👍

Jerome

Well after my original go with this was quite horrible I gave it another go last night and managed to get into a reasonable little groove with the car.

Certainly got to say that its a strange old car, relatively easy to drive at say 8/10th, but once I pushed much past that I found it very difficult to put together a lap that was consistently good. However I got what I consider to be as good as I'm going to get for an overall lap for me and submitted it.

Scaff

Register to be part of the weekly Forza Race Series (FRS). When you register, you will be placed in a division to compete with similarly skilled drivers. It's great fun if you haven't done anything like it before 👍

Jerome

ah, Gotcha. I was just lost. Found this thread from "Latest Posts" and didn't think to check the thread breakdown.
Would be fun cause I am tired of racing bad and cheating drivers but I stay busy tuning and testing and whatever now that I don't race a whole lot. I want to concentrate on the game more before I get even more involved with other activities.

Well, I just registered my time :D I have a feeling it was quite fast and I *loved* the car/track combo! It was so much fun beating my own ghosts!

Don't think my lap was particularly fast, but I had a wild time! One very distinct car on one very distinct track. Loads of fun! Hope it was at least average.

I would like to submit my time as I feel I'm near my fastest. However, I don't have a Gold account (yet) but would like to know where I would fall in the Division Ranks. As stated before, I don't have the best internet for connectability at the moment. I loved the WRS on GTP and would enjoy the FRS here, even playing from the "side lines".

In due time, I will have a Gold account.

I would like to submit my time as I feel I'm near my fastest. However, I don't have a Gold account (yet) but would like to know where I would fall in the Division Ranks. As stated before, I don't have the best internet for connectability at the moment. I loved the WRS on GTP and would enjoy the FRS here, even playing from the "side lines".

In due time, I will have a Gold account.

That shouldn't be a problem. If you are one of the drivers who get selected to verify a time, we can mark your submission. You are welcome to compete but won't be in the 'official' standings at the end of the week. Once you get a gold account and can verify your replay, you will be set :tup

Just so you know the fastest guys from each division along with a few other random drivers will need to submit a replay for the qualifier.

Jerome

That shouldn't be a problem. If you are one of the drivers who get selected to verify a time, we can mark your submission. You are welcome to compete but won't be in the 'official' standings at the end of the week.

I figured that would be and I'm okay with that. Thanks Jerome.

I submitted a lap and posted the replay on my storefront. Hope I did it right :confused:

I don't see it in the qualifier list. Try submitting your time using this link.

Also, can you remove the replay from your storefront? We don't want anyone's times 'leaking' out yet. Thank you.

I'll chat with T-12, but I think we have enough to start the series soon. Just like the GTP WRS when it first started in GT3, it will be a small, but tight-nit group 👍

Jerome

I don't see it in the qualifier list. Try submitting your time using this link.

Also, can you remove the replay from your storefront? We don't want anyone's times 'leaking' out yet. Thank you.

I'll chat with T-12, but I think we have enough to start the series soon. Just like the GTP WRS when it first started in GT3, it will be a small, but tight-nit group 👍

Jerome

Hmm, i actually used that link the first time. Will do. I need to watch the replay as I forgot my lap time :lol: Anyone wanting to see my lap time will have to sort through all of the bad ones on the replay :dopey:

My replay is only 5 laps. Every 5-6 laps I would restart the race if I thought my time wasn't the best I could do. That way, the ghosts I was racing would also update to my newer faster times. Also, if I'm not mistaken, a replay will only save the first 30 minutes of your race. If I hadn't restarted, my fastest lap would not have been saved, since I did it on the 60th or so lap.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, a replay will only save the first 30 minutes of your race. If I hadn't restarted, my fastest lap would not have been saved, since I did it on the 60th or so lap.

Can someone confirm this? This is good to know ahead of time and I can add a note about this in the race specifics if that's the case.

Jerome

Just to confirm, I registered properly right?

Yep :cheers:

When I have a moment I'll put up a list of drivers who 'properly' registered.

So if anyone isn't on the list but should be, shoot me a PM :)

Jerome

Jerome, I tried to google it but can't confirm the size limit on the replay. There are however known issues where replays get cut off after around 15 laps for no obvious reason. So maybe it is good to advise people to run shorter sessions in order to avoid this problem.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/5044695.aspx

I think Chris and others experienced this in last week's FPM club race, where their replays got cut off during the 16th lap.

http://www.forzaplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=24362#post24362

Ah man, thats a bummer. But knowing is half the battle. I'll update the qualifier thread.

Thanks for your work on this MB! :bowdown:

Jerome

I never run anything longer than a 10 lapper for a TT and save it for a replay. For this reason: who in their right mind would like to fast forward through all those laps to get to the one lap that counts. :irked: I think that 10 laps is enough. I can easily operate with only 5 too. You are already there and it's only the first lap that gets thrown out anyway. Any more and you are being inconsiderate to the race organizers.

Those who want to submit the longer ones can volunteer to go through all the replays submitted for each competition. That will solve the problem mighty quick.

My 2 cents.

Back