FR specific Driving Wheel Issues

• Thread starter walkerf5e
  • 5 comments
United States
Minneapolis
DesdaMOONmanQ
Hey folks,
I just got a Driving Force GT a few days ago and I, along with all my friends, love it. I just can't seem to handle any FR cars with any sort of power. With the DS3 I'd been comfortable driving cars with up to 600 PP. Now, it seems anything over 450 that has rear wheel gets thrown around in circles at the tiniest imperfection in the pavement or nick on the grass.
What are some tips you guys with driving wheels have specifically for controlling RWD cars? Anything is appreciated, thanks!

Hey folks,
I just got a Driving Force GT a few days ago and I, along with all my friends, love it. I just can't seem to handle any FR cars with any sort of power. With the DS3 I'd been comfortable driving cars with up to 600 PP. Now, it seems anything over 450 that has rear wheel gets thrown around in circles at the tiniest imperfection in the pavement or nick on the grass.
What are some tips you guys with driving wheels have specifically for controlling RWD cars? Anything is appreciated, thanks!

Set your force feedback to 10. As for the cars, play around (reduce initial torque & acceleration sensitivity) with your diff settings & be gentle with that right foot...

If you do a search you'll find several threads on this already like this one:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...e-to-adapt-asap-to-a-wheel-from-a-ds3.288137/

This is also useful:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ch-or-rs-tyres-to-learn-grip-dynamics.259386/

Suffice to say lots of people have had this issue it's not uncommon. Basically learning the game and how to drive all over again.

I'd disagree with @Jaywalker though. I'd set the FFB at 2 or 3 at first because you aren't going to have the same control you'll have later and a lower setting makes it easier to respond quickly to getting a little out of shape. Ramp it up later on when you have better control.

Johnny I know how to do a search, I didn't find anything in my search for rear wheel drive specific cars. But thanks for both of your suggestions, I will try each and see which helps.
LSD tuning is crucial too, you're right. Maybe I should spend some time figuring out my favorite settings on certain cars.

i also remember that someone told me when i got my wheel that you should try starting off with lower powered cars and work your way up. If your impacient, the stuff above is perfect

Back