Frame skipping/judder on PS4 & Pro

• Thread starter Leggacy
  • 46 comments
United Kingdom
Uk
TheLeggacy
Not sure if I’m imagining this or not so I need some other PS4/PS4 Pro users to try this out. You may have noticed a few frame drops here and there, usually when there’s a lot of cars in front of you and in turns. I turned of the driver tags last night and I didn’t notice any frames being dropped. I might just be imagining this and there could be other factors at play here. So if you are on PS4 please try this and see what happens.

I’m playing on PS4 pro in 1080p with super sampling off. I tried 4k but it was noticeably more choppy.

I have a PS4 slim, and the only delay/ frame rate drop I personally witnessed was post race when all the race results get posted to screen and only at beginning of list...

I have also experienced bad stuttering while doing an event on Spa (PS4 Pro). I have the entire HUD disabled, so turning off driver tags is not even a consideration for me, in response to the suggestion by @Leggacy .

I have also experienced bad stuttering while doing an event on Spa (PS4 Pro). I have the entire HUD disabled, so turning off driver tags is not even a consideration for me, in response to the suggestion by @Leggacy .
Yeah, I’ve noticed stutter without hud too 😕

I have a PS4 slim and I've noticed the stutter/ frame drop at Spa during the WGT championship race...I have full HUD and being honest I was expecting to find such drops with my PS4 slim but this is the only consistent example of this.

I have massive stuttering/frame skipping in almost every track, worse when other cars are near me but also when I am alone. But in time trial the framerate is almost perfect.
Spa, Cataluña and nurburgring 24h are the worst scenarios. Nurb is unplayable.
PS4 first model

Last edited:
I have massive stuttering/frame skipping in almost every track, worse when other cars are near me but also when I am alone. But in time trial the framerate is almost perfect.
Spa, Cataluña and nurburgring 24h are the worst scenarios. Nurb is unplayable.
PS4 first model
Do you have any other things running on your PS4, when I start my GT7, I close all other applications before playing. It may alleviate some of the stuttering,

I have experienced this. I was coming off the last straight at Nordschleife in a herd of cars. Frames went choppy as hell. On a ps4 pro. Supersampling was on though... got a crappy TV!

i'm have ps4 fat, and when i'm trying to race at spa Francorchamps, i got frame drops / stuttering at several turn. did this happen to anybody else here?
I get that also at spa, usually at one certain 2nd gear right hander, leading to a downhill left..

And at Nordschleife 24 hour layout, for a few seconds where the GP circuit exits to the road circuit.

I wish there was an fps display i could turn on so i could see just how much it drops.. wouldn't surprise me if it dropped to like 30 or less 😖

PS4 pro in 4K
While in the lobby, I was driving on the track,
If a player enters/leaves, there will be frame drops,
If there are many people entering / leaving at the same time, it will be stuck for 1 second
Really bothered.

I have only had bad drops on SPA, which is funny considering the track has 2d tree's and lacks much trackside detail. Nur is preety rock solid . Have all of you guys defrgged your ps4 on a regular basis ? I do it once every few months , also did it frequently on my ps3. This helps the hard drive access information much quicker, which should help the game stream assets in quicker and reduce bottlenecks . I also suggest you install GT7 on an external drive the transfer speed is faster via the USB than the console sata bus.

pretty bad? It's solid on my end, not even a single drop. And when DF analysed it they found drops to 59 fps max
Yep i watched the vids and play a lot on a pretty old pc still it runs FH5 ok but the stutters weren't like you get on a pc when you get a few fps drops it feels more like micro pauses. Could be a ps5 setting and a 120hz tv i see some games get issues if its on auto

pretty bad? It's solid on my end, not even a single drop. And when DF analysed it they found drops to 59 fps max
Now, in the 1.09, the game have less particle effects and performance worse than when df analysed it. And yes, trial mountain in the turn between the two tunnels and the turn after the next straight have stuttering issues if you have a car in front of you in ps5 at the actual state of the game.
I find stuttering also in the port hairspin in tokio

Last edited:
i'm have ps4 fat, and when i'm trying to race at spa Francorchamps, i got frame drops / stuttering at several turn. did this happen to anybody else here?

I have a PS4 slim and I've noticed the stutter/ frame drop at Spa during the WGT championship race...I have full HUD and being honest I was expecting to find such drops with my PS4 slim but this is the only consistent example of this.
A PS4 slim here. Spa in WGT event the only persistent case for me. Nurburgring event, being a a track almost 4x as long, time progressing night to day, but worked fine.
I guess the lightning effect of the foggy atmosphere and 20 cars on track was to much to the machine.
Apart from that not real issues, except a very occasional instant frame drop here and there.

A thing I notice, in nurb for example, framerate is horrible, but when I cross the finish line and the game take control of my car, everything runs fine

Ok it’s not just me, the right then left 90’s before the long downhill into left sweeper drop down to what seems like 15fps on my og ps4

PS4 slim; I haven't done any daily races, just lobby. It's rotten for me, just really very bad. It happens when players enter and leave the room, and it happens just randomly as I'm driving and it's noticeable and it affects my gameplay.

And then there this..I dunno what to call it, pseudo-lag; all cars on the track--any track, doesn't matter--are shimmying back and forth and the engine sounds are too! It f-ing sucks is what I'm getting at. I have a stellar internet connection otherwise... it's a head scratcher for sure.

I'll try removing the tags and report back, thnx.

Last edited:
In the first model of ps4 I can tell with no doubt that is the game with worst performance I ever play in the past 15 years in some circumstances.
At times I think is under 20fps

Back