Frame skipping/judder on PS4 & Pro

• Thread starter Leggacy
  • 46 comments
I'm on a Pro and haven't noticed any stuttering in game (and I'm usually very sensitive to frame drops - I hate them). Only issue I noticed is on replays where all cars are in view.

I wonder if SSD has any effect? Are those suffering drops running the game on HDD?

I'm on a Pro and haven't noticed any stuttering in game (and I'm usually very sensitive to frame drops - I hate them). Only issue I noticed is on replays where all cars are in view.

I wonder if SSD has any effect? Are those suffering drops running the game on HDD?
Yeah I reckon the quality of people's hardware will have a bearing. MY PS4 for example rarely crashed but just this month alone it went BSOD on me in every game now. Do you do anything special to you console or clean it? I don't bother apart from the number 5 option

A simple connection test is to run a test Cat6 cable from your router to your PS4pro that will eliminate the wifi as a problem. Some times you have to check cable going to the router from the outside source

Last edited:
Yeah definitely seeing it, every race at Gardens, i get frame shudder entering the awkward left mid lap, before the quad apex right handers. The left with sand to the right and everyone thinks they can pass there but always ends in tears. Every lap without fail i get bad judder through there and into the first of the four right handers.

I also have noticed random studder here and there since latest updates - and this is on PS5. Especially at the beginning of races. I think it was rock solid 60fps before updates. Propably some memory leaks etc they need to iron out in next updates.

I found a cause. I'm ever play in the first person view. Fine. With the roof cam and the chase cam the framerate is almost perfect, guess that is in common in this two views? The lack of rearview. This is the reason that when the game take control of my car after finish a race the framerate is ok, the rearview disappear. The rearview destroys the framerate

PS4 1st gen I get some chop at Spa and Daytona RC turn 1 on exit. I play in car cam on a 2k 144mhz monitor also connected to my PC. I noticed this issue on the release version of the game and it has not gotten any better with patching.

PS4 1st gen I get some chop at Spa and Daytona RC turn 1 on exit. I play in car cam on a 2k 144mhz monitor also connected to my PC. I noticed this issue on the release version of the game and it has not gotten any better with patching.
Car cam means inside cam? Or 3rd person cam?

Yeah definitely seeing it, every race at Gardens, i get frame shudder entering the awkward left mid lap, before the quad apex right handers. The left with sand to the right and everyone thinks they can pass there but always ends in tears. Every lap without fail i get bad judder through there and into the first of the four right handers.
I've been doing that track and race last 3 days and never noticed any drop in fps. You on a Pro? Also, what view?

Last edited:
Yeah I reckon the quality of people's hardware will have a bearing. MY PS4 for example rarely crashed but just this month alone it went BSOD on me in every game now. Do you do anything special to you console or clean it? I don't bother apart from the number 5 option
Nothing. Only thing is I keep it up on my desk. Higher it is the less dust it'll accumulate.

i'm have ps4 fat, and when i'm trying to race at spa Francorchamps, i got frame drops / stuttering at several turn. did this happen to anybody else here?
That's where I first noticed it, same if there is fog or rain. Isn't game breaking but definitely noticeable

Stakado i genuinley think there is something wrong with your PS4 or you are exagerating. Defrag it and clean it out if possible . the only time i have gotten 20 fps was in photo mode when there was 20 car's on grid before the patch that nerfed effects , whatever optimizatiosn they made truly helped the game's FPS in photo mode but it is still preety jank.

Stakado i genuinley think there is something wrong with your PS4 or you are exagerating. Defrag it and clean it out if possible . the only time i have gotten 20 fps was in photo mode when there was 20 car's on grid before the patch that nerfed effects , whatever optimizatiosn they made truly helped the game's FPS in photo mode but it is still preety jank.
Other games run perfectly, GT Sport runs 60 rock solid.
And yes, is below 30 because the begin of the race when you see your car by the air is capped at 30fps, and when the race starts is croopy and much less smooth.
this at nurb 24h or spa, the tracks with worse framerate and the spoiler cam. with the roof cam is ok

Latest Posts

Back