frankenstein cars

Simplex 4100U

(Banned)
FireLite MS2
i've seen this thread on a tuner website, iforget which, though, but basically, you take two different cars and splice 'em together, and you then you have a new car(in other words, think of the Sileighty).

ok, here's an example(yes i will use the sileighty and my own frankensteins for this):

180SX(body) + Silvia S14(front end) = Sileighty

350Z(body) + Silvia S15(front end) = Silfifty

TL(body) + Integra Type-R(front end) = InteL

i'm trying to think of what a Volvo 240 GLT with an S60R front end would be, because there's already an S40... 260R GLT??

You mean like our 67 Mustang coupe to fastback conversion?? https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=109783&highlight=67+mustang :sly:

After (Fastback)
32.JPG

Before (coupe)
17yd4.jpg

16nu9.jpg

International Durastar Crewcab + Ford F-350 Dually bed = International CXT :P

exacty.

there's a car on SupraForums which is a 240SX body, and 350Z front end, and a G35 back end. i don't even want to post it, it's so ugly. the 350z front doesn't even match up to the 240SX body, the G35 back does, but with 16" wheels, (stock, btw) it looks HIDEOUS. i'd call it a G40Z... if it was better made.

I am not fond of switching front end that much but my favorite and very rarely done would be the Soarer (MZ20 mk II) front Supra (MA70 mk III) rear combo.

Hard to find pictures of it done, this isnt clearest example but anyway..

soapra1ei.jpg

exacty.

There's a car on supraforums which is a 240sx body, and 350z front end, and a g35 back end. I don't even want to post it, it's so ugly. The 350z front doesn't even match up to the 240sx body, the g35 back does, but with 16" wheels, (stock, btw) it looks hideous. I'd call it a g40z... If it was better made.

g24z?

The car is really just so 🤬 disgusting. I've always tried to keep my opinions to myslef when it comes to other's cars, it's their business. But this thing, I don't know, just sets something off inside. aahhhh!!!!

First time I came across it, it was for sale. I don't remember the price but I do remember it being ridiculous. I mean where do you even start with a price?

Edit: Found one of the for sale ads http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1082245604.html
Come on...
3kc3me3p5ZZZZZZZZZ93jcd73cb6780311278.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I find interesting about that car with the 1 inch panel gaps is that it is a 180sx, in California.

My God!!! :yuck:

That a massive FAIL, the widebody panels, gas door, wheels . . . is just 🤬

Woooo its a Stream Z turbo! :D

I think it just a another ricer!

I am not fond of switching front end that much but my favorite and very rarely done would be the Soarer (MZ20 mk II) front Supra (MA70 mk III) rear combo.

soapra1ei.jpg
Wow, that car looks pretty fantastic. So much better than those stupid pop-up headlights. Or maybe I just like it because it resembles a DA Integra...:lol:

Resembles more of a clean sileighty to me (no pics as clean sileightys pretty much don't exist)

Here is something that shouldn't be a suprise, just a matter of time

kidsheart1.jpg

R35 front on a M35 Stagea.

soapra1ei.jpg

Do you know if it is a simple swap, the Soarer front onto the Supra? Or is it a case of a fair amount of modification?

I've only seen it done 3 times I think, it's not the first thing you would think of but I reckon it works really nicely.

I really don't know, I've always wondered myself. None of the conversions I have seen have been done by professionals or shops so I imagine it wouldn't be too hard.

Some toyota/supra/soarer forum research will probably find the answer.

Wouldn't that more-or-less just be a Levin?
Though the idea itself seems sound.

That one would be much better if the front end didn't have such a huge chin spoiler on it.

Heres the rear, R35 rear styled bumper fitted too. (note widened wheel arches)

3334410173_943627890f_o.jpg
The quality of the Bodywork is awesome, The way the tailgate and exhausts are integrated into the rear bar looks factory, A fantastic looking car from all angles....I love it 👍

It'd certainly provide instant competition to the Audi RS4 or 6 Avant.

I like it all the way until the back pillar, for me it looks 'backward pointing'. Making it lose the aggressiveness and all too micro-car lookish.

Considering the absurd lengths Nissan made over something so trivial as distancing the car from the Skyline name, I wouldn't be surprised if we never saw another super Stagea again.

Back