Free car: 2017 Tamo Racemo

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 24 comments
Ireland
Codemasters (EA)
PJTierney
tamo-racemo_827x510_81488873710.jpg

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/geneva-20...atas-first-model-under-tamo-sub-brand-1666976

There will be 4 pillars the Racemo strategy will use 4 pillars to take the brand forward - the real world Racemo street car, a more powerful track version called Racemo+, a virtual version that's being introduced in Microsoft's Microsoft's Forza Horizon 3 game - the first Indian car on the Forza gaming platform, and a digital reality experiential plan to introduce the car to non-owners.

The Racemo production car will be launched in the Indian market in early 2018. The car will also boast connected car features like navigation, predictive maintenance, remote monitoring and over-the-air updates using Microsoft cloud-based technologies.

Tata had recently announced a long-term association with Microsoft for connected car tech, and the Racemo's features as well as its appearance on the XBox platform are the first fruits of that tie-up.

Forza Trailer

Wow that's random. Actually a decent looking car. Usually these no-name brand manufacturers have really tacky, tasteless or overdone designs, but this actually doesn't look terrible.

Haha remember when GT was the dumping ground for new cars?... Yeah...

That was a very short period, tho. How many cars debuted in Gran Turismo and IRL at the same time? I think it was only the BMW M4, Toyota FT-1 and Chevrolet Corvette C7... And you won't hear many people referring to those days as the glory days of the series.

That was a very short period, tho. How many cars debuted in Gran Turismo and IRL at the same time? I think it was only the BMW M4, Toyota FT-1 and Chevrolet Corvette C7... And you won't hear many people referring to those days as the glory days of the series.
And let's not forget the numerous concept cars from GT4. Heck there were so many they got their own game beforehand in GT: Concept. :lol:

Last edited:

IIRC, the GT-R and WRX STI hatch were also unveiled in real-time in Prologue.

That looks... interesting. From the pictures I thought it was some sort of Rally Fighter style thing, given how much ground clearance it has.

Haha, Turn 10/Playground Games are just throwing free cars at us this month.

And yet there's still an absurd amount of complaining when you read the facebook statuses or youtube comments... :lol:

They used liquid molded resin for the chassis too? That's very clever and, dare I say, Chapman-esque. Screw Forza, I'd love to drive this thing in real life!

Yes, it really is a first ever type of total design approach. Very unique. Should be very interesting to see how this generates excitement and how it eventually transforms into a common passenger vehicle some day. BTW, I work for METTON America, Inc. We make the plastic resin used for this vehicle...

I was thinking about that sorta thing years ago, seems like it would be a lot easier (and cheaper) to get complex designs/shapes, if you use colored resin/plastic you get never fading/rusting dent proof body...

The only thing I would worry about as a Canadian is how it will do in the cold.

+edit+

It has a lot of visual cues that remind me of other cars. The way the rear fenders don't connect to the back of the roof like the i8 and the back of the roof makes me think of the Sesto Elemento. Not that I mind.

I wonder what the price point will be?

Last edited:
VXR
How do you get it?
Go to the social tab of the pause menu and there should be a message centre (may be called something slightly different). You should be able to download the Racemo from the "Gifts" tab inside there.

I really didn't expect much from this car but it's extremely nice to drive, and at least when kept stock it seems to completely dominate in scramble/trail events. I had set up a championship with all scramble/trail events using the Asian sports cars filter and each event had the top positions filled with Tamos/Racemos. I think I'm a bigger fan of the plain black secondary colour on this car, but that blue comes a close second, as demonstrated by @SlipZtrEm drivatar.

rsz_screenshot-original-tamo-racemo.png

Now I just hope they carry this car over to the next Forza Motorsport game, I really enjoy driving these lesser-known cars.

No concrete evidence, but it looks to me like this car has an active rear spoiler that wasn't modeled.

I took the car for a little drive and it wasn't half bad. Hopefully we get both versions in FM7 and perhaps the Nano as well.

No concrete evidence, but it looks to me like this car has an active rear spoiler that wasn't modeled.

It looks like it's modeled but not active (the outline is there). I'm guessing the model isn't complete yet and they just released what they had as the steering wheel logo is also missing.

Back