Freezing Issue

• Thread starter Mike_grpA
  • 8 comments
Australia
Tasmania, AU
stigsdaddy
Hey everyone, I thought I would ask if anyone is having the same issues as me. Since the 1.16 update, I have had 3 major freezes while tryiing to play online on gt6. It doesn't happen at the same point in the game either. It will be loading something (either a track, or loading to go to track from room menu, etc.), and it will never load, just stay loading forever. So I try quitting game, that freezes the whole system, which then does the 3 beep shutdown, but doesn't shutdown, it just freezes on a black screen, and the power button doesn't even do anything at this point. All that's left to do is unplug the ps3 to turn it off.

This has literally NEVER happened to me in any other game, and it isn't the first time on gt6 either, but since 1.16, it's happened 3 times in two days. Mind you, last night I played for about two hours tops and it happened twice, then today I have only just turned it on, and it's happened again straight away.

Normally when GT6 releases DLC it maybe have bugs included so there maybe another update soon to stabilise the problems. Have you tried checking your disk for any scratches or clearing your cache.

No scratches on the disc, I take care of all my stuff so I've never had those problems. I clear the cache fairly regularly so I don't think that's a problem either. I also regularly clean my ps3, to keep it free of dust, and replaced the laser deck a couple of months ago.

It seems to mostly do it the first time I try to do a race, or go on track for practice or something, then after I've restarted the ps3 and go back into the game, it will work without a hitch. Weird. But I suspected the same as you, just bugs in the dlc, which is why I'm asking if anyone else is experiencing similar issues.

Just an update. Haven't played for a few days, Put it on today to try b-spec. Ps3 froze up again just like the other times... Starting to worry about this game breaking my ps3, as it can't be good for this to be happening every time I play it.

It's happened to me a total of 5 times, 1 on CoD, 4 on GT6, 3 this update. I hope they fix this soon...

It's happened to me a total of 5 times, 1 on CoD, 4 on GT6, 3 this update. I hope they fix this soon...

I don't play COD so can't comment on that, but it doesn't happen during any other game I've played. I have had some more minor freezing issues in the past with GTAV online, but not to the point I have to unplug the ps3 to turn it off. I also hope it's fixed soon, because an online series I'm in starts soon, and if I have to jump on gt every night to practice, and this happens, my ps3 will prob be dead in a couple of months lol.

I get freezing alot but like you said, it's never to the point of having to unplug the PS3. I've never seen anything like this before.
Also, I love your signature. :P
He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.
:D

I had the same problem
Hey everyone, I thought I would ask if anyone is having the same issues as me. Since the 1.16 update, I have had 3 major freezes while tryiing to play online on gt6. It doesn't happen at the same point in the game either. It will be loading something (either a track, or loading to go to track from room menu, etc.), and it will never load, just stay loading forever. So I try quitting game, that freezes the whole system, which then does the 3 beep shutdown, but doesn't shutdown, it just freezes on a black screen, and the power button doesn't even do anything at this point. All that's left to do is unplug the ps3 to turn it off.

This has literally NEVER happened to me in any other game, and it isn't the first time on gt6 either, but since 1.16, it's happened 3 times in two days. Mind you, last night I played for about two hours tops and it happened twice, then today I have only just turned it on, and it's happened again straight away.

I had the same problem after updating to version 1.16 - when using the new B Spec feature the game would lock up totally. Unlike previous occasions I couldn't switch off by holding down the button on the console - I had to switch off the mains power to the console. I kept getting total freezing - sometimes before I had even managed to load GT6.

The PS3 now appears to be ok - I deleted 12 gig of data off the PS3 - most of which was from games that I no longer play. Copied all the photos off the PS3 onto a memory stick and then deleted all the photos from the PS3 and from GT6. Cleared the system cache and did a game save before going online.

The PS3 became unstable after downloading 1.16, but after doing the above it has been ok (so far).

The game contains more bugs than a termite mound and I was very disappointed yesterday to be racing online, come into the pits for a pit stop and then be trapped in the pits until the end of the race - come on PD this is not good enough - we've had the pit stop bug for many months now and still have the previous car bug which you introduced with a previous update and now we have the 1.16 instability bug.

The game always froze on me before 1.16 , after watching replays , it frezzes , after a rece , it frezzes , after going to photomode it frezzes , i can live with it but it's still a problem.

Back