FRL ~ GT3 Challenge Europe /// COUNTDOWN TO THE FRL SPA 24 HOURS /// RACEDAY! 1 ENTRY OPEN!Open 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 31 comments

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
FRL PRESENTS: THE PINNACLE OF GT ENDURANCE RACING - 7 RACES, 7 VENUES INCLUDING THE FRL SPA 24!

michelin-raceway-road-atlanta-__3-jpeg.1214759

FRL GT3 is about the original ethos of GT3 - production-based Grand Touring car racing. Over 20 cars are eligible for homologation for this division, all fiercely unique but with 3 main essentials:
> BOP towards 1 group - any eligible car from 2008-2022 can be BOP'd in together.
> Maintaining the unique parts of the original car - engine architecture (drivetrain, engine size, aspiration) remains the same.
Raceable in Sprint and Endurance events - from 40 minute Sprints to 3 Hour Endurance at Spa.
Accessibility - Individual cars are already uploaded and ready from my profile, download style, get in spec and go!
No major teams - whilst co-operation isn't outlawed, there are no team entries or championships in FRL GT3 - it's about the individual.

REGULATION INFORMATION & BOP

SCHEDULE:
image.png

CAR LIST (10 DEC):

ALFA ROMEO 8C COMPETIZIONE
AUDI R8 4.2
CORVETTE C6 ZR1
DODGE VIPER SRT10
FERRARI F430
FORD GT
MCLAREN MP4-12C
MERCEDES SLR
PORSCHE 997 GT3

gt3_lAUNCH.jpg

Attachments

• Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __3.jpeg
    Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __3.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Genuinely excited here.

5 sign-ups so far for what is building to be a massive grid for three hours of Spa.

Testing tomorrow Spa and Monza.

Viper; weight reduction 1 = 1392 kg. To get 1252 should be stage 2. Ok?
How I change number on number plate?

First entry list features FRL Champions past and present and a few new rookie drivers we welcome. Spaces still available, of course - but be aware i'm limiting cars to a max of 3 examples per car - so Corvette are full. Updated schedule.... So the Spa 24H is the longest event of the season to kick us off. Sprint series events are 2 in a night, with Monza 150k and 125k at Deep Forest first. Back-to-back Endurance events at Catalunya (250k without the chicane) and the welcome return of Dragon Trail for a high-speed 350k event. Sprints follow of 125k apiece at Brands Hatch GP & RBR Short, and the Endurance Cup and the season wraps up at the Nurburgring the week after. (edited)

Qualifying for Spa is a one-shot time trial. Simply ask one of the Stewards (me @Jon @Panoz) to host a room which is preset, your Q laps are part of a 3 lap race session on low fuel (TBC but it will be 20 or 25L). Lap 1 out lap, best lap of laps 2 and 3 count as your Qualifying time. You can try anytime during the race week up until the race day, but can only attempt once.

clip_image002.png

image.png

Each month around the 2nd to 3rd weekend I will be releasing another couple FRL GT3 cars, with over 20 specced this will be quickest way to get them out there - (latest addition to the work-in-progress roster is perhaps unsurprisingly the Corvette C8). These cars are unless stated eligible for racing from the 1st of the following month - so the new contender this month is eligible for Season 1 of GT3 Europe and the Spa 24 - meet the MCLAREN MP4-12C (GT3-F09). Also updated - a BOP boost for the ALFA ROMEO 8C COMPETIZIONE (GT3-F07). Full details as ever on the FRL GT3 document found in the OP.

Iwate_Museum_of_Art__19.jpeg

Thanks for bearing with me, felt a bit under the weather last week and half. @jammy21

This weekend then it's go time for the inaugural FRL SPA 24 HOURS and with it being Spa Speedweek.

Here's the information for up to 7 days of build-up, starting this Sunday.

To all of you - make sure you got me on PSN (Furinkazen_54) and if I am unavailable our Stewards @LancerEvo7 & @Panoz - I will add this information for Spa to the #information-schedule post above momentarily.

Reminder cars and numbers have styles already posted, and that all existing blue GT3 decals on the car must be left alone. Window banner - from the downloaded style for each car replace the existing windscreen banner decal with the FRL SPA 24 HOURS decal uploaded on my profile. No need to resize anything applying the banner or car numbers, they're already done for you on the style.

Confirming the current BOP is the BOP going into Test Day & Qualifying.

image.png

clip_image002.png

Wasn't feeling good (again) yesterday so didn't post this. @jammy21

clip_image002.png

Qualifying #5 featured our first reserve Filo bringing his new Mercedes SLR up to speed, and rather quickly at that. Reserve entries of note will start at the rear of the field behind regular drivers who have locked themselves in. I'll be available through this afternoon GMT to set up a room if anyone wants an attempt 2 or still to Qualify.

Then we've got Porsche Cayman GT4 cup at 7pm for a couple non-points, no-tuning fun races - let me know if you're running that and i'll get you a car designed. After that approx 8:30pm it's Final Qualifying, your last chance. Entered drivers still to qualify @Rob_MK2 @Yeratel @EvilDragon-99 (aka Liam) @DramaQueen .

If they don't set a lap - they go to the rear of the field tomorrow. Working on weather settings and will have something figured out for tomorrow - tonight however is dry all the way.

@jammy21 you fancy doing Cayman Cup?

Ah - I forget that, so I might be interested.

Since my quali last weekend (I got that lag thing at the start on 1.lap and lost my concentration after that - but quali is not that important as race is 3 hrs).
I have been updating my router and internet connection provider speed so let's see how it goes today.
Just noticed this thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/game-jumping-mid-race.414366/ as that lagging could be something to do with PS4 vs PS5.

@jammy21 you fancy doing Cayman Cup?

Last edited:
Ah - I forget that, so I might be interested.

Since my quali last weekend (I got that lag thing at the start on 1.lap and lost my concentration after that - but quali is not that important as race is 3 hrs).
I have been updating my router and internet connection provider speed so let's see how it goes today.
Just noticed this thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/game-jumping-mid-race.414366/ as that lagging could be something to do with PS4 vs PS5.
Hopefully it is good.

FRL GT3 EUROPE ~ ROUND 1 ~ 1st FRL SPA 24 ~ DRIVERS BRIEFING

So then everyone it is raceday for the debut of the FRL GT3 category after months of testing, and six Qualifying sessions. We have a grid of at least 13 perhaps 15. First round of the championship and the Endurance Cup.

Couple notes:

#25 PORSCHE @Haydon Clampitt - Withdrawn.
#65 MERCEDES @RA_FILO - as a Reserve entrant goes to the back of the grid of those who set times.
#76 FERRARI @DramaQueen - has withdrawn from the weekend feeling not prepared for the full 3H, but will be with us for the Sprint Cup events.

Hopefully everyone turns up tonight - we likely have an over-subscribed entry for Week 2 onwards and people who just never show up and ghost away will be dropped to Reserve status over time.

BOP has been reviewed and will remain unchanged for the Race.

It'll be @Rotato to lead us away then. Race is a standing start with false start check, light damage will be switched on and weather has been confirmed to be R01 DRIZZLE for the start of the event. REMEMBER EVERYBODY TO BUY INTERMEDIATE & WET TYRES - just in case!

Each car in the field tonight will have a longer "Joker" Pit Stop to serve. This can be served whenever you wish from the 0H 30 to 2H 30 time in the race. When you enter the Pit Lane for a pit stop, you must wait until 2 minutes have passed on the pit timer before starting your service. It gives people a break and throws a little bit of strategy in. If you are attempting to serve the joker and accidentally do start work early, then pit the next lap, and I may not issue a penalty on review, which would be 2 laps.

Darkness is going to fall fairly quick with night-time officially starting from the 0H 30 minute mark of the race until 1H 35, with the final half of the event in the daylight. Room will be open ~18:45 GMT (just under 6 hours from now) - Green Flag procedure at 19:15 GMT.

See you all tonight!

clip_image002.png

image.png

image.png

Gran_TurismoTM_7_20230108121755.jpg

I have two provider and yesterday I used the one that I have never used OnLine gaming but thought I should give it to go. It didn't work clean and I got over 10 game freeze during the race (lost 0,5-2 s everytime). So next race I'll go back to my other provider which I have used many years without any problem with connection.

Back