FRL ~ ToCA14 - Spurgy, Yera, ECM, Audi Champions!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 872 comments
I don't wanna sign up, but just want you to know I'm here, spying on you all.

With that avatar, no wonder.

1) get your Discord working
2) When doing all time ToCA stats I actually forgot, you were kinda decent ;)

My general impressions of the specs (credit to @GTPorsche for final specs and @Spurgy 777 for some assistance), after testing with Spurgy, @Andil , @Ninners

Peugeot: Doesn't feel quick. Chassis a bit meh, plenty of acceleration but runs out of steam. Also sounds poor and has disadvantage of being a Peugeot (sorry @doblocruiser :P )
Renault: Have we been here before? Ridiculous torque, bit clumsy handling. Very fast but requires some precision to be consistent
VW: Excellent traction off corner, but lazy turn in and literally no acceleration. Audi's passing me on the straight so easily. Could be gearing related though.
Audi: Fast on straights, but being even lighter than its TT Cup variant, even more unwieldy and wild.

BoP may be adjusted at will before Round #1, just a reminder.

GTP Name - MadDog18
PSN - MadDog-018
Car # 92
Team Name - TBA
Team/Independent - Independent (would be open to form a team too if someone wants)
Preferred Car - Audi

GTP Name - MadDog18
PSN - MadDog-018
Car # 92
Team Name - TBA
Team/Independent - Independent (would be open to form a team too if someone wants)
Preferred Car - Audi

Gotcha.

Wonder if we'll get anyone with BTCC-inspired liveries? We need a Peugeot like this :lol:
p1814009413-3.jpg

Renault: Have we been here before? Ridiculous torque, bit clumsy handling. Very fast but requires some precision to consistent

Regarding the sport races, that explains why most people in Renaults drive like idiots. Lol

Spent an hour or so going in circles with the setup and making no progress... Then I change my controller settings and gain half a second on my last run :dunce:

Spent an hour or so going in circles with the setup and making no progress... Then I change my controller settings and gain half a second on my last run :dunce:
Controller settings are important with the way steering input is filtered in GTS for the DS4.

Sensitivity all the way up to 7?
It was the FFB settings that made the difference. My controller sensitivity was already 7 and the FFB was default before... I guess I really should have played around with them before to suit me better.

Controller settings are important with the way steering input is filtered in GTS for the DS4.
Well I've found out now :)

It was the FFB settings that made the difference. My controller sensitivity was already 7 and the FFB was default before... I guess I really should have played around with them before to suit me better.

Well I've found out now :)

Isn't FFB just for wheels? :lol:

So I won't confirm any spec changes until after weekend, but initially looks like minor weight breaks for Renault and VW.

Interested, although I cannot gurantee my presence in every round.

CrazyJohn
CrazyJohnIsHere
Virtual Endurance Racing Team
Independent
Peugeot RCZ

Tested it. No decision yet.
It's really just a decision based on whether or not you want the race to include the chicane. On one hand, it removes one passing opportunity, but provides 3 more on the Miyabi circuit. Also, reverse looks like the better direction for the full layout. the transition back to the Yamagiwa circuit in the forward direction is tricky.

GTP Name - damonc84
PSN - damon84c
Car # 84
Team Name - Starscream Enterprises
Team of 2 cars
Preferred Car - Renault Megane

2nd car will be driven by mikey_2412 using the #24

Thanks for reserving me a spot Alex

GTP Name - Foxed
PSN - FOXED_45
Car # 45
Team Name - FlyingFox Systems