FRL ~ ToCA15 - NINNERS, AUDI SPORT ECM, GTPORSCHE, CHAMPIONS!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,036 comments
  • 63,304 views
Alright update time.

Firstly Stewarding - Few reports received but all judged Racing Incidents, so no strikes or penalties handed out this week. Phew!

Standings-wise most notable thinks is ECM being knocked off the top of the teams championship for maybe 2 full seasons by VERT.

unknown.png


unknown.png


unknown.png



BoP Update:

Scheduled BoP review after 3 rounds.

Audi - Unchanged.
Peugeot - Unchanged.
VW - Unchanged.

Hyundai - -2% Power.
@rcb929 @Panoz @RACECAR @RRRacing @FireEmblem10 @weescotman @TheClarky Please adjust your cars. accordingly

Renault - -1% weight.
@bigbeefytaco @Macboyilija @Andil @steviea712 Please adjust your cars. accordingly

And to answer the inevitable questions:

1: Audi is not OP - always going to be best at Dragon Trail with less aero than other cars as a result a bit more slippery. That aero also helps the high speed handling unique to that track.

2: Hyundai was over performing on a track that should not suit it at all.

3: Renault - no-one has really shown this cars potential (and it is very quick when set-up right)

4: Monza next - More of a classic slipstreamer than DT, fairly flat as well.
 
Last edited:
Look out nin. Joe and I are making this a close fight!
 
Look out nin. Joe and I are making this a close fight!

Providing they have no more bad weekends, I can't rule out CrazyJohn or Filo either. Don't forget 1 round is dropped near seasons end!
 
Providing they have no more bad weekends, I can't rule out CrazyJohn or Filo either. Don't forget 1 round is dropped near seasons end!
If only my teammate was able to race every week, we would be in the teams title hunt :(
 
It wouldn't be close if i weren't so useless anymore...
 
If your luck were better you'd be up there. To be fair though, that post was just Furi trying to talk the battles up as if it's a real series and he has to advertise for it.
 
At this point, anyone in the top 5 does still has a shot and RCB too assuming he races the remainder of the season
 
Anyone managed any lap times?

5 Q spots this weekend.
 
Shall be back to prop up the grid, haven't done any laps yet but it's probably going to be slower than everyone else.
 
Anyone managed any lap times?

5 Q spots this weekend.
Sub 2 minutes should put you on the grid. Don't know about how fast the front runners will end up being. Haven't tested a lot this week
 
Can confirm I am also doing sub 2 minute.

Thanks a lot, all the best

(Cloaks & daggers)
 
Can confirm I am also doing sub 2 minute.

Thanks a lot, all the best

(Cloaks & daggers)

Can also confirm that this guy is scoring manufacturer team points instead independent tonight.

@rcb929 are you racing today then?
 
Great way to ruin his Indy title run over useless team points...
He decided to change, I was perfectly fine with him remaining Indy...

Waarm-Up lobby open, see you all tonight.
 
Not sure I will make it tonight, not done any testing and have some work to do on my road car #leakyoldVW’s
 
I will join soon. Have no idea about time. Monza is in sport mode as well today so will find out soon.
 
Last time I hated the Megane. Does not seem to be my car. Did not choose it but there was nothing left. I tried tuning a bit taking the setup from the GTP setup thread. Started some laps and the fastest lap I could get on Monza was a 2:01,9. So that was after several laps.

Just out or curiosity stepped into the Scirocco. And my first lap not even knowing the car I drove a 2:00,9. So a full second quicker in my first (!) lap compared to the best lap of the Megane !! This is not really funny actually. Or the BoB of this car is not good or the car itself does not seem to fit my driving style. When in big corners stepping up the gas the car seems to hold power back as if TCS is on. Noticable when stepping on the gas the last corner. The Scirocco does not have this problem. I can step it on the gas without problem. Also the stabilty of the Scirocco feels ten times better.

Conclusion: there is no way I can drive the Megane competitive. Now its not a problem to drive at the back but if I am 2 seconds slower than with another car I drive from the same pack its not funny anymore.

Is there a solution for this ? Can somebody else try the Megane if its just me ? Or can I just change my car ? I think this is not possible during the season. It is what it is and I respect that of course.
 
No one has put a good setup on the Megane yet.
 
But with the Scirocco I drove with standard setup. Felt brilliant compared to the Megane !
 
Will be there this evening.
 
Mole was running reasonable times in the Reno during testing.
 
Alien :)

I managed a 1:59,5 with the Scirocco. Megane 2:01,9. Maybe I just cant drive that car.
 
Last time I hated the Megane. Does not seem to be my car. Did not choose it but there was nothing left. I tried tuning a bit taking the setup from the GTP setup thread. Started some laps and the fastest lap I could get on Monza was a 2:01,9. So that was after several laps.

Just out or curiosity stepped into the Scirocco. And my first lap not even knowing the car I drove a 2:00,9. So a full second quicker in my first (!) lap compared to the best lap of the Megane !! This is not really funny actually. Or the BoB of this car is not good or the car itself does not seem to fit my driving style. When in big corners stepping up the gas the car seems to hold power back as if TCS is on. Noticable when stepping on the gas the last corner. The Scirocco does not have this problem. I can step it on the gas without problem. Also the stabilty of the Scirocco feels ten times better.

Conclusion: there is no way I can drive the Megane competitive. Now its not a problem to drive at the back but if I am 2 seconds slower than with another car I drive from the same pack its not funny anymore.

Is there a solution for this ? Can somebody else try the Megane if its just me ? Or can I just change my car ? I think this is not possible during the season. It is what it is and I respect that of course.
Yes, it’s a garbage car. Everyone keeps saying it’s because nobodys put a good setup on it, yet there’s a reason why almost nobody chose it.
 
I have run no laps so far, so I might just have to use last seasons setup instead tbh.
 
Back