FRL - ToCA16: Ninners, LancerEvo7, ECM, Hyundai CHAMPIONS!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 204 comments
Apologies for the delay, work has been very busy this week with this time of year...

Firstly Stewarding:

RACE #18:
~ Strike x2 @DK for contact with Yeratel.
~ Strike x1 @Aron Baker for contact with with GTPorsche.

OVERALL STRIKES FOR SEASON - 3x TRIGGER A GRID DROP!

~3x Furi (grid drop penalty already served).
~2x Foxed
~2x DK
~1x Aron Baker
~1x Cnd01

STANDINGS UPDATE:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Success Ballast - the following drivers have the aforementioned car weights for all sessions of this weekend at Autopolis:

@Ninners 106% (+41kg)
@cnd01 105% (+27kg)
@LancerEvo7 104% (+14kg)

BoP Adjustment:
Peugeot -2% power (now 99/89).

New track tonight to not just ToCA, but all of FRL and pneultimate one as well. Good luck everybody.

Okay night I guess though the car felt less comfortable in races 2 & 3.

Race 1 was obviously badly compromised after 2 corners which is probably a record this season for the shortest time before I get knocked down the field through no fault. Apologies to Flich for the aggressive moves and Yera for the turn 2 bump, got caught out with how early you braked (not like I went in hot).

Race 2 the car was rubbish for some reason and it didn't work well in traffic. Lost the draft and I'm obviously not going to get anywhere when defending every lap into turn 1. Lost 2 places eventually though error but at least gained 1 at the last corner.

Race 3 was ok but the car although better than race 2 didn't feel as good as race 1. Didn't help that when I tried to regain 2nd place back I'd badly checked up twice and then barged onto the grass when alongside so I can't really do better than 3rd (although at least I was recognised what was about happen, would have been in the barriers otherwise and lost more places).

Races and Q lap up later.

PSN / DRIVER # / PREFERRED CAR / TEAM NAME / Manufacturer Applicant or Independent.
LilChickenNugget / #97 / Peugeot / Independent / Independent
If anyone wants an extra team member i'll gladly hop aboard

PSN / DRIVER # / PREFERRED CAR / TEAM NAME / Manufacturer Applicant or Independent.
LilChickenNugget / #97 / Peugeot / Independent / Independent
If anyone wants an extra team member i'll gladly hop aboard

Welcome back. Brands GP finale is this Saturday.

Hope you've all had a good Christmas.

Firstly Stewarding:

RACE #19:
~ Strike x1 @cnd01 for contact with Ninners.

RACE #21
~ Strike x1 @Crashbroke23 for contact with with Rob.

OVERALL STRIKES FOR SEASON - 3x TRIGGER A GRID DROP!

~3x Furi (grid drop penalty already served)
~2x Cnd01
~2x Foxed
~2x DK
~1x Aron Baker
~1x RialRacingRoots

STANDINGS UPDATE:
unknown.png

unknown.png

Success Ballast - the following drivers have the aforementioned car weights for all sessions of this weekend at Brands Hatch GP:

@cnd01 106% (+41kg)
@Ninners 105% (+27kg)
@LancerEvo7 104% (+14kg)

Been a well-fought season, and good luck to @cnd01 & @Ninners , and @LancerEvo7 & @Panoz in their respective title duels.

Last edited:
How the hell did you get that thing to turn well enough to gift you a win?

Thanks for all the setup help, but TBH FWDs don't suit me. For starters, I'm not much of a hotlapper. I think I have a 5% chance of getting a nearly-perfect lap out of it, which is no good for quali, so combine that with the horrible wheelspin off the line, I'm left scavenging for the rest of the race. Being the only guy caught by other people's spins doesn't help. :grumpy:

DK
How the hell did you get that thing to turn well enough to gift you a win?
Mix of half the contenders getting rekt, classic Furi defending, and everyone else who was going for the win not taking risks due to the title race.

I don't know what was worse, getting screwed out of a top half finish in R2 or spending about 13 laps trundling around 15 seconds behind the next car in R3.

Crap weekend to finish. Clearly the BMW likes high speed handling and power circuits and I know the pace is there.

Will be sticking with RWD next season.

Firstly the Stewarding decisions from the weekend. Due to no further events this season decision taken that any strikes obtained during the final weekend would account for a five point penalty to the overall points score.

Race #23
@DK - 1 strike (5 points) for incident with Panoz & Porsche
@cnd01 - Disqualification for incident with Yeratel, Lancer, Ninners & RialRacingRoots

Race #24
@GTPorsche - 1 strike (5 points) for incident with DK.

Final Overall standings:
unknown.png

Final Independents standings:
unknown.png

Final Manufacturer Teams standings:
unknown.png

And so ends a fantastic season of racing. Arguably best season since ToCA9 on GT5. 9 winners from 24 rounds driving 4 cars (only Toyota winless).

Firstly a huge congratulations to @Ninners grabbing a fifth overall title, and to @LancerEvo7 for his maiden ToCA title as a driver ain Independents. ECM complete a factory Hyundai sweep - but the key here was driver strength - The BoP was excellent, many thanks to Lancer and GTPorsche for helping out. The success ballast did make a difference, whilst not as much as anticipated - but still helped close the grid up.

A big thank you to the rest of our grid - @Panoz @Niop @Yeratel84 @raceorama123432 @Crashbroke23 @Aron Baker @AudiMan2011 @GODvandK @Andil @RaceFox @FlichFloch @gokartman78 @polarbear345 @Addy21_NL @TrentDog1 @bigbeefytaco @Akmuq and Bas for racing. Hopefully majority of you will be back next season.

So firstly going to leave you a few photos from the 2019 ToCA16 season - followed by some news on ToCA17.
20191230205550.jpg

20191230205604.jpg

20191230205622.jpg

20191230205629.jpg

20191230230953.jpg

20191230205614.jpg

20191230205557.jpg

20191230205656.jpg

Ah. ToCA17. Expect the following:

~The return of the Audi TT!
~Ballast to a traditional dynamic system with race by race adjustments.
~The returns to the schedule of Laguna Seca, Fuji, and Spa.... with Spa to host the Media Day, season-opener and the maiden 58 lap non-points ToCA 400 endurance race on the first sunday of the season.

The battle to catch these two commences February/March 2020, see you then ;)

~Furi

7421954184747943432_0.png

Last edited:
Back