FRL - ToCA16: Ninners, LancerEvo7, ECM, Hyundai CHAMPIONS!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 204 comments
Really hoping my connection is better this week since really screwed up stuff was happening last week.

@Yeratel84 could do some damage here.

Never have my words been so consequential.

Again my apologies to @Yeratel84 . I have no time left to be arsed arguing with anyone anymore. Life really is too bloody short.

That move was not meant to take you out so take a chill pill and calm down youngling.

Last edited:
calm down youngling

3i0w2z.jpg

2nd, 5th, and 4th.

R1: Lost out to the last corner drag race with @Crashbroke23's Peugeot.
ECM's debacle at the Lesmos helped turned a solid top 5 to a fight for the win.

R2: A theme for all 3 races. Keeping on the road, staying off of other people, and capitalize on others mistakes.
Running P4 until @Andil made a great pass at Parabolica in the last lap.

R3: Most part another 5th place finish but caught Crashbroke going wide at Parabolica on the final lap and got 4th.

Hindsight being 20/20, having 1/10 for ARB settings was a mistake. That's probably why I ended up with the rear pitching waywardly at della Roggia and Ascari even with braking way sooner than everybody else there. That and the Race 3 wreck at della Roggia was caused by my brake pedal only going to half input for a good like 80 meters.

Winning on debut was nice. The RCZ was a rocket. Screw Matt Perry.

Q: Big help from @Foxed as pre-planned. Ran a 47.2 which was a mega lap yet only P5 or 6.

R1: Good start, survived the chaos and being almost being pinballed into @Yeratel84 at Varianta. Ran with @Panoz until contact it appears with @GTPorsche sent me out to San Marino. Not pleased is an understatement and then working with Yera to get up through field, avoided him under braking (was not meant as a overtaking move) and game reset me. FFS. 10th I think.

R2: WTF was that. Car did not turn and I was in gravel Curva Grande.Luckily everyone slowed through Varianta, and I picked my way through a train which was IIRC @Crashbroke23 @Andil GTPorsche Panoz. P3 was fantastic and much as I wanted a move on Porsche, wasn't gonna throw away 15 championship points.

R3: Just.... no words. clipped gravel couple times, my error. Got wrecked by @DK albeit unintentionally avoiding a crash. Then out of the chicane I hit a barrier which I should have tbh avoided, but I figured it would bounce off me. Nope. I was airbourne. Disastrous 🤬 finish. Well done @raceorama123432 on a 2nd finish.

First pole in Toca for ages.

First race win in Toca for ages.

Still sad I didn't get to drive the rocket ship of a Peugeot this week, but good results

R1 - Had a nice ECM train of cars and was sitting nicely in P2 for ages, til @LancerEvo7 turned into @Furi - only dropped me to P3 though which was still a great result, bearing in mind I hadn't driven the car or track in GT Sport until Q2

R2 - Nice start, stayed out of trouble, got to around P5 and then couldn't make much progress due to being the slowest car on the straights. Finished P4, couldn't do much more than that.

R3 - By end of lap 1, I was P2 from nearly the back, with @raceorama123432 in front of me. Worked together to build a gap on the rest of the field. Once we had a 4sec gap, last 2 laps tried to make a push for the win. Got it, just, with a pass into Grande with the tow, and then some heavy defending for the remainder of the lap. Good racing

Firstly Stewarding:

RACE #16:
~ Strike x1 @Foxed for contact with Flich.

RACE #18:
~ Strike x1 @Furi for contact with Fox.

OVERALL STRIKES FOR SEASON - 3x TRIGGER A GRID DROP!

~3x Furi (misses Q2 next event for a grid drop as a result).
~2x Foxed
~1x Cnd01

STANDINGS UPDATE:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Success Ballast - the following drivers have the aforementioned car weights for all sessions of this weekend at Monza NC:

@Ninners 106% (+41kg)
@LancerEvo7 105% (+27kg)
@cnd01 104% (+14kg)

Reminder no race this weekend, off-week... so see you back at Interlagos as we enter the home stretch of the 2019 season.

Bad points week. Race 1 I finished where I deserved to on pace really so no real issue with that. Race 2 was really good (finally a good reverse grid race!) but couldn't hang with @GODvandK so didn't really fight too hard and I wasn't quite able to keep 2nd but 3rd was ok. Race 3 was a decent start until I got caught up in an incident which left me down the order and pretty much ruined my race. Lost more time battling others who were a little laggy for me and lost the tow to cars ahead so I could only salvage more points through others misfortune at this point. Also didn't help that I made my car worse for race 3 either. Worst race finish in 6 seasons and my points lead is pretty much gone now.

Bad points week. Race 1 I finished where I deserved to on pace really so no real issue with that. Race 2 was really good (finally a good reverse grid race!) but couldn't hang with @GODvandK so didn't really fight too hard and I wasn't quite able to keep 2nd but 3rd was ok. Race 3 was a decent start until I got caught up in an incident which left me down the order and pretty much ruined my race. Lost more time battling others who were a little laggy for me and lost the tow to cars ahead so I could only salvage more points through others misfortune at this point. Also didn't help that I made my car worse for race 3 either. Worst race finish in 6 seasons and my points lead is pretty much gone now.
Apologies for lag, not sure why my internet was so poor....

PSN: WeatherSystems
Number: #23
Preferred Car: Renault
Team Name: HWC Speed Factory
Independent

Unsure if I'll be back from work in time for Race #1, but should be good for Races #2 and #3. No issues with attendance for the finale.

PSN: WeatherSystems
Number: #23
Preferred Car: Renault
Team Name: HWC Speed Factory
Independent

Unsure if I'll be back from work in time for Race #1, but should be good for Races #2 and #3. No issues with attendance for the finale.

That's unless you need to do Q1.

Well, that was gruelling.

Made some setup changes before Race #1 but turned out I went wrong way. However starting from the back Race #1 anyway due to having three strikes, could only go forward so why not. picked my way through to 9th, with my original target being 10th.

Race #2, completely swallowed up in start. Had what can only be described as a robust battle with @cnd01 , kind of got irritated with being consistently bumped but ho-hum, it happens at times. 10th a far representation of my pace - despite my car being quicker the opening couple laps just sent me to the back.

Race #3. Alright start. muscled by @DK , and then got @Yeratel84 after he went wide. Was P5 when an 11 car wreck kicked off, so yup the lucky one. Had a cracking battle with The Independent States Of Toyota AKA @polarbear345 @Niop @Aron Baker including a VERY dicey move with the former when we nearly had another Furi Pit Wall entry. P4 after @gokartman78 got me was a welcome lift.

Congrats to @GODvandK on an impressive debut.

Autopolis next, a new challenge for everyone. should be entertaining.

Last edited:
Good ol' GTS collision physics, never change.

Back