FRL~WSC VIII - GTP #1 Enduros! FURI & ANDIL WIN THE FINAL AT SPA!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,591 comments

Add Bathurst to the WSC VIII calendar?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm out - PS3 crashed and now I have to stupid recover files ( propably lost gt6 data )
You'll probably only lose it if you have to quit when it's loading. I had that in GT5 twice but the backup save saved me.

And as I thought with Joe gone Furi has pretty good shot here.

You'll probably only lose it if you have to quit when it's loading. I had that in GT5 twice but the backup save saved me.

And as I thought with Joe gone Furi has pretty good shot here.
I don't have engine sounds and am 7 seconds off Furi's pace.

We'll see Nin but I'm waiting and waiting so race is over :(

The saddest thing is that I'll not make some photos

EDIT Lancer I was 10s behind Furi ( on 99% perfect lap )

Contact with Chris at start meant I dropped 36 seconds. Around halfway through the race Me, Panoz, Jammy were 0.5 apart. Then it came to me. Had a couple spins, but somehow it happened. I even went from a 3:57.0 to 3:55.5 to 3:54.0 FL!

Furinkazen, 2 time Le Mans Winner! :gtpflag:

Had no engine or tyre sounds for the entire duration of the race... Still managed to pull out a 40 second to 1 min lead over the rest of the field...

And then came the time to try and lap DK... At this point with 5 laps to go, why fight the leader when you're last in class and about to go a lap down? Unbelievable. Actually couldn't believe what I was seeing :lol:

Damage and a pit stop later I go from a definite win to no hope. Cheers. What a waste of time. 👍

Had no engine or tyre sounds for the entire duration of the race... Still managed to pull out a 40 second to 1 min lead over the rest of the field...

And then came the time to try and lap DK... At this point with 5 laps to go, why fight the leader when you're last in class and about to go a lap down? Unbelievable. Actually couldn't believe what I was seeing :lol:

Damage and a pit stop later I go from a definite win to no hope. Cheers. What a waste of time. 👍
:(

I only wish I'd pitted a lap earlier, lost 10 seconds on the lap previously thinking I might be able to drag the car home - if I pitted straight away it would have made the 'chase' in the last 3 laps that bit easier.

(That bit was fun btw but I was over-driving the car far too much)

PS - Had a little door rub with Yera on Lap 1, not sure if it caused you any issues mate, I was too busy trying to figure out how to drive the car without sounds :lol:

I'll say it again … epic!

And if I calculated right I might have lost the race, but won the championship. :cheers:
Well done you two, it looked a good and very clean fight. 👍 But why didn't you hold each other up more? :lol:

4 GT-P cars separated by 37 seconds after 3 hours of racing, mentally tired after that.

Probably 30 seconds short in the end as @Furinkazen wouldn't of backed off at the end. I was practically willing Furi to put it in the wall for the last few laps as I was flat out trying to put pressure on him. I have even more respect for Furi after this as I couldn't imagine how much pressure he was under during the last few laps.

4 GT-P cars separated by 37 seconds after 3 hours of racing, mentally tired after that.

Probably 30 seconds short in the end as @Furinkazen wouldn't of backed off at the end. I was practically willing Furi to put it in the wall for the last few laps as I was flat out trying to put pressure on him. I have even more respect for Furi after this as I couldn't imagine how much pressure he was under during the last few laps.

Thanks Chris, very good showing and saving of your race after early calamities as well. My car was incredible through Porsche Curves, I reckon I gained around 0.5-0.8 on Panoz and Jammy a lap through there. Everything felt perfect. And I genuinely scared myself with the 3:54.0.

I went back to my old ways. It was a true DC though this time, not a freeze like usual.

Would have been a good fight :grumpy:

By the way, even with drops accounted and a few permutations:

@DrifterJoe is GT-P champion :cheers:. Even if I sweep Spa next week Joe would beat me to the title by 1 point.
@snowgt is GT-O champion :cheers:

FYI fastest GT-O lap was @Yeratel84 with a 4:24.6 . Only @R0ssingt0n also managed to dip below 4:25 barrier.

Pitted 5 times on laps 1,9,16,26 and 36, strategy changed a few times after my first 3 stops were due to crashes, was 1 lap short of being able to 1 stop from lap 16 as I could only manage 14 laps on fuel and there were 29 remaining

I'm so sorry @Andil, I had a bit of a slip coming out of the Ford Curves. I had a crap race, the car was nowhere pace-wise as soon as I fell out of the slipstreams.

I think it's back to HMS Jag for next week at Spa to defend my GT-O Am lead in the championship as a nice send of to the e-type.

Also the racing was better with no aliens dominating the race

I only wish I'd pitted a lap earlier, lost 10 seconds on the lap previously thinking I might be able to drag the car home - if I pitted straight away it would have made the 'chase' in the last 3 laps that bit easier.

(That bit was fun btw but I was over-driving the car far too much)

PS - Had a little door rub with Yera on Lap 1, not sure if it caused you any issues mate, I was too busy trying to figure out how to drive the car without sounds :lol:

You did cause me issues mate, due to you moving towards my car under braking, which greatly unbalanced my car and sent me to the gravel trap...

As for me quitting, I did try and keep going after the first incident with @gtpanoz, figuring I would be able to move out of the way whenever he or @chrisjohnson93 came to lap me, but on the second incident I was aproaching Tertre Rouge and I had nowhere to move and he hit me full speed as I was braking for that corner...

FYI fastest GT-O lap was @Yeratel84 with a 4:24.6 . Only @R0ssingt0n also managed to dip below 4:25 barrier.

After my issues in the first couple laps (even though I got a very good start once more), I found a very good pace and for 5 laps before being run over by a Mark IV I kept clocking sub 4:25.2 laps with a couple being at 4:24.6 and one at 4:24.9, and during that run I noticed where I gained the most was through Porsche Curves as apparently I was managing tyre wear better on that sector...

Cheers mate for the apology, it happens! 👍

Is it Spa next week? Might drag the old Merc out again, see if it's 3rd time lucky :D

Spa indeed. Fox and Panoz are missing, so GT-P will be a 2 car show :lol:

You did cause me issues mate, due to you moving towards my car under braking, which greatly unbalanced my car and sent me to the gravel trap...

Apologies fella, as I say I was quite dazed and confused by the lack of engine/tyre noise, first time I've had this stupid bug. I think I was trying to outbrake you but the car was sliding under braking and without the sound I couldn't really judge anything properly for a few laps. Yay PD.

Back