United Kingdom
London
JohnsonCapote
From Four Wheels To Two:
My TT Race Diary

1. Street Machine Cup - Stage 1 (250cc)

7. T-Max Cup
8. 2-Stroke Tales

So I have been on GTPlanet since 2007, but 99.6% of my time has been over on four wheels in the various Gran Turismo games, starting from GT2 right back in 2001 which transformed me from innocent kid to drooling petrolhead you see before you. Who knows what might have happened had a family friend not mistakenly got me a duplicate copy of Driver 2, then replaced it with GT2...I might've got out okay had it merely been Crash Bandicoot 2, who knows :P

Anyway. I picked up Tourist Trophy a couple of years ago, and coming from an originally biker-mad family (my father owned a Kawasaki 1100R in the 1980s), you'd have thought somewhere from within a two-wheeled soul would stir from my years of four-wheeled mayhem. But nope. It sat and gathered dust, before I finally gave it a spin last year and ran some races. I enjoyed it a lot, but then uni turned up...and you know what happened next. Back to the dusty drawer, TT :(

But now uni is over, and I need something to do inbetween desperately scrambling for a job and doing something for my life. A distraction if you will! 💡 So here I am. A four-wheeled veteran trying to figure out how to race as fast with two less wheels and in the process do my biker family proud at last. Here goes nothing...:nervous:

So throughout this diary I'll be running through the races in the game in chronological order. I've already done a few of them, and a few of the challenges to unlock bikes, but I'm gonna go through all of them again for completetion sake. Enjoy the ride! Badum tish...:dunce:

Last edited:
Series 1: Street Machine Cup: Stage 1

My Bike: 1982 Honda VT250F

So it all begins here. A series I've never given a second look at, mostly going straight for the big muscley race bikes. But this series is quite interesting, designed for street bikes up to 250cc - of which there are a wide range. With my natural instinct for a challenge and close racing at hand, I go for the oldest 250cc machine I can find, the Honda VT250F. After winning a nice black and red version in the Challenge mode, it's time to mount my assault on the first rung of the TT ladder.

Race 1: Grand Valley East Section - 3 Laps

Opponent: 1985 Yamaha TZR250

Yes, you did read that right. ONE opponent. Like, seriously PD? Having only three in other races is bad enough, but ONE opponent?! Ho hum, three laps of rotating endlessly on my own once I've passed my ONE competitor then...what idiot decided this was a good idea? Probably the same idiot responsible for coding the AI in the Gran Turismo games :dunce:

...hang on a second though. As we complete lap 1, I look for the overtake on my Yamaha rival, but he proceeds to sod off down the front straight, putting almost a second gap back onto me! This head-to-head just got interesting, folks.

Time to get the hammer down and stop moaning about a lack of rivals - the one I do have here is putting on a clinic of speed. Fortunately my sheer bravery in the corners (including a brief grass excursion halfway round) brings me past the TZR at the hairpin Turn 6, but this isn't enough to stop him powering back by and leaving me in a cloud of dust on the main straight! Right then, you want a fight chummie? You've got one :mischievous:

This time I pull an aggressive move in Turn 5 just before the hairpin, and focus on piling on the pressure in the final few corners. I anxiously look over my shoulder as we put the hammer down onto the main straight for the final time - and he's nowhere. His resistance is finally broken, and I take my maiden victory by 1.4s :)

Race 2: Twin Ring Motegi Speedway

Opponent: 1983 Suzuki RG250 Gamma

So this is an interesting one. What was my big Achilles heel in Race 1? Top speed. What am I gonna be relying on most here? ...oh.

Yeah, my first tilt at this race doesn't really end well. In fact, I end up MATCHING my opponent for laptimes, lap after lap. Impressive, but no good considering he has a 2s head start 👎

So on goes the exhaust upgrade and the transmission is cranked right up to the max. I'm gonna need all the speed I can get out of this Honda and more. And second time lucky it pays off. I sweep by in the middle of Turns 3 and 4, and despite some brief resistance through the final lap (lap 4), I sweep to victory by 0.9s.

As much as I like NASCAR oval racing...TWO bikes on an oval? Nah thanks.

Race 3: Twin Ring Motegi East Short Course

1993 Honda NSR250R SE

Back on the twisties and here should be a good scrap. I'm back to default transmission settings, and up against a much younger machine. Motegi's road course has an intregueing mix of complex corners and lengthy straights, and my complete lack of recent experience here doesn't work in my favour. I close to just 0.9s on lap 1/3, and through lap 2 I attempt to shadow my fellow Honda. Top tip; it's generally easier to close down and pass an opponent if you don't understeer off every 3rd corner. Just thought you should bear that in mind 👍 :banghead:

I'm good in the sharp corners, but in the longer snaking bends I stink, quite frankly. I have to maximise my advantage on lap 3 though - we start the final lap seperated by just 0.3s. Ironically, it's a move in one of these snaking bends (the set of chicanes just after T1) at which I make my move. Not the best choice, seeing as a long straight immediately follows, but he is just too far back to take a pop this time.

So just as I think this race is sown up, I run horribly wide in the long esses just before the final two corners, allowing my nemesis to close up and stick a wheel up the inside at the penultimate corner! Careful! Suddenly a few nervous moments - I have one long straight, a sharp-ish hairpin, and another straight to the finish to negotiate with the other Honda bearing down on me. Luckily I hold serve, negotiate the final corner strongly and prevail by 0.6s. :cool:

Well, so much for the beginner level races being an easy ride! (no pun intended) Despite only having ONE OTHER BIKE ON TRACK (can you guess I'm a bit annoyed by that?), all three races were tense and exciting.

Let's hope for more in Stage 2 ey? The bigger 750cc machines are coming to town...:cheers:

Welcome to the tiny TT community!
So throughout this diary I'll be running through the races in the game in chronological order. I've already done a few of them, and a few of the challenges to unlock bikes, but I'm gonna go through all of them again for completetion sake. Enjoy the ride! Badum tish...:dunce:
If you're a completionist whore, such as myself, I suggest you to do all challenges for each color combination there's for a bike.

:D

Welcome to the tiny TT community!

If you're a completionist whore, such as myself, I suggest you to do all challenges for each color combination there's for a bike.

:D

Oooh don't tempt me! I think I might do that later...must've loose focus on the races! Speaking of which...

Series 2: Street Machine Cup Stage 2 (750cc Class)

Bike: 2005 Triumph Daytona 650 (Gold)

This time I go a bit more modern. Seeing a 650cc bike which is still 100cc below the limit but one I've always wanted to ride, I pick out a gorgeous Triumph Daytona 650. What a machine! Time to crank it out.

Race 1: Suzuka Circuit East Course

Opponent: 2005 Suzuki GSX-R 750

Ahh, the fiercesome GSXR up first. One of the most popular, well-known bikes around...and I've passed it already. Seriously. Halfway through lap 1/3, I'm past my rival. 2s up by the end of lap 1, 6s ahead at the end of lap 2, and...TEN WHOLE SECONDS CLEAR by the chequered flag.

Come on. It's bad enough I'm only up against one opponent, but when that one opponent is a worse bike rider than a drunken chav teenager on the estate crashing his moped into a hedge :grumpy:

For a bit of a challenge, for race 2 I switch to a MUCH older bike - a 1985 Kawasaki GPZ400R. Hopefully this should level the scores somewhat?

Race 2: Suzuka Circuit West Course

Opponent: 2005 Suzuki GSX-R 750

So then, what does setting my bike back 20 years do? Answer: nothing. Literally, I once again catch my rival halfway round the lap, and blast by effortlessly. 1.8s lead on lap 1, 2.7s on lap 2 (after I fell off TWICE), and a 6.5s gap at the flag.

Honestly, what the hell has happened?! Either this Suzuki is utter bilge on wheels, or maybe my recent six-hours-plus run in the Suzuka 1000km on GT5 means I am now some sort of Guru Sensei Sifu-San of Holy Power at Suzuka now...but honestly guys, this is just outrageous. :grumpy:

Race 3: Tsukaba Circuit

Opponent: 2005 Yamaha YZF-R6

This starts out a bit better. Seems they've sacked the rider of the Suzuki Ginourmous-S:censored:-Times-750 thing, and hired someone who can actually ride a motorcycle. Well at least, he offers a teensy bit more resistance. The pass comes at the hairpin on lap 2, and despite an embaressing stack at the chicane on lap 3, I still come home a relatively comfortable winner.

Perhaps the easiest three races I will EVER ride...in the history of my life. I'm pretty sure the annual Granny Pensioner OAP Mobility Scooter Grand Prix (which isn't real, but now I think of it sounds kinda cool) would've been more of a challenge to win. Come on PD, step it up!​

Last edited:
Perhaps the easiest three races I will EVER ride...in the history of my life. I'm pretty sure the annual Granny Pensioner OAP Mobility Scooter Grand Prix (which isn't real, but now I think of it sounds kinda cool) would've been more of a challenge to win. Come on PD, step it up!
Once you're past the learning curve, the game is unfortunately silly easy. Keep 'em coming though!

:)

If you want a challenging ride, try the Yamaha MT-01. In spite of its gigantic 1700 cc engine, it has poor power/weight, it doesn't corner very well and the handling is pretty bad.

It can barely keep up with 250cc bikes unless you race on high speed tracks.

Once you're past the learning curve, the game is unfortunately silly easy. Keep 'em coming though!

:)

Yeah...it's infuriating just how poor the AI has consistently been in PD games. Hence why I didn't buy GT6 in protest, haha! Yet again all new physics and graphics...but have you fixed the cars sounding like hairdryers and the AI being worse than my nan (who can't drive) asleep at the wheel? Nope...:banghead: :banghead:

Fortunately I got quite good (or masochistic, one of the two) at finding close races simply by handicapping myself with rubbish cars/bikes. So hopefully a bit more of that will make the races more challenging from here on in.

Also...seriously PD. ONE opponent? And a maximum of three in the whole game? :banghead: :banghead:

If you want a challenging ride, try the Yamaha MT-01. In spite of its gigantic 1700 cc engine, it has poor power/weight, it doesn't corner very well and the handling is pretty bad.

It can barely keep up with 250cc bikes unless you race on high speed tracks.

Interesting. I'm not sure if Street Machine Cup Stage 3 is unrestricted or restricted to 1000cc. If it isn't...I might have to give that bike a go. :mischievous:

Series 3: Street Machine Cup Stage 3 (1000cc Class)

Bike: 1985 Kawasaki GPZ400R

Time to move up a gear - literally! I'm sticking with the same bike I ran in the previous 750cc class, to three crushing victories. Hopefully the other riders having slightly more horsepower to play with will make things a BIT more interesting...please? SOMEONE?! :crazy:

Race 1: Trial Mountain

Opponent: 2005 Yamaha YZF-R1

Initially this looks like another walkover, as I charge up to the rear wheel of my rival within a lap - down to just 0.7s back at the end of lap 1. At least the pass didn't happen within a lap, right? :banghead: But as I gain closer, the fight starts to heat up. The superior power of the Yamaha is really a factor. As we get to the backstraight on lap 2, he puts a SECOND on me in that section alone! It's time to pull out all the stops, and some kamikaze bike riding puts me to the lead round the OUTSIDE off the penultimate corner before the final chicane section.

From here it is ON. My rival goes on the offensive and moves me wide through the twisting section towards the tunnel turn, and I fight back hard before slipping up the inside just before the turn onto the backstraight - where predictably he blows back by, sweeping away. With my tires giving up, was that my chance at victory gone? No chance. :mischievous:

Another excellent final section puts me SIDE-BY-SIDE off the penultimate corner, on the outside again. The Yamaha gets good acceleration, putting himself ahead, but crucially I cross over to the inside in the chicane and slip past! And despite a ropey exit going wide over the bumpy tarmac, I close out the win by just 0.3s! WHAT A RACE! Now THAT'S more like it, TT! :crazy:

Yeah...it's infuriating just how poor the AI has consistently been in PD games.

[...]

Also...seriously PD. ONE opponent? And a maximum of three in the whole game? :banghead: :banghead:
Well, the AI has always been poor in GT, so to TT follow suit didn't come as a surprise.

As for the amount of opponents, I recall either Kaz or Shichisawa talking about hardware limitations and therefore compromises had to be made. Hopefully, these things will se great improvment in a sequel*.

*wishful thinking.

Well, the AI has always been poor in GT, so to TT follow suit didn't come as a surprise.

As for the amount of opponents, I recall either Kaz or Shichisawa talking about hardware limitations and therefore compromises had to be made. Hopefully, these things will se great improvment in a sequel*.
*wishful thinking.

Strange...they managed six cars per field in GT4, and TT is based on the GT4 platform. So why only ONE BIKE? Bikes are half the size of cars too?! :banghead: :banghead:

I will never understand some of Kaz's decisions. How he's gone six games, reinvented the graphics and physics six times (Seemingly) and still not fixed the awful AI and rubbish engine sounds I'm not sure. That's another topic anyway.

Series 3: Street Machine Cup - Stage 3 (1000cc)

Race 2: Mid-Field Raceway

Opponent: 2005 Ducati 999R

Due to the long straights and speed-orientated nature of this track, my plucky GPZ400R just can't get the job done here - and trust me, I tried! Three seperate attempts I had a crack at this race, including one where I took the lead on the final hairpin on the final lap, only to fall off over the crest off the last chicane...my controller survived with only minor injuries :banghead: :grumpy:

So I decided to roll out a big(ger) gun, my Kawasaki Z1000 R1. Slightly older but with just over 100hp (compared to my GPZ's 60hp), the race is made considerably easier - the lead changes hands near the end of lap 2, and I hold on for a solid 1.5s MOV at the flag. 👍

Race 3: Autumn Ring

Opponent: 2005 Yamaha YZF-R1

Back to my GPZ here, onto the twisties of the Autumn Ring circuit - a track I've never quite gotten on with. Another promising scrap beckons with my nemesis from Race 1. He's out for revenge quite clearly, and isn't hanging around. I close to 1.7s at the end of lap 1, and across lap 2 I make my move; a sneak up the inside out of the chicane/right hander just after the bridge/crossover section. My opponent basically turns dead right (I mean I know the corner is a right hander anyway, but even more so), barges me then attempts to take off! How rude! :grumpy:

He's clearly not messing around. Time to roll my sleeves up and crack on. I stick to his rear wheel through lap 3, making my first move going onto the pit straight for Autumn Ring Mini - only to receive some more strong-arm tactics! This guy really isn't backing down! :crazy: But neither am I. I stay glued to his exhaust pipes and slip up the inside in the lengthy hairpin at the crossover - giving him a bit of his own medicine in the process! You don't shove me around that easily, pal ;)

This race isn't over by a long shot though. Autumn Ring is tough on tires, and my Kwaka hasn't looked after them as well as my rival. He stays close through the final corners, and looks for the power blast onto the start/finish straight - it's tense, but I hold out and take the win by 0.3s again! :crazy:

Some good races in this division. Feels like a similar story to GT4 - if you pick your choice of bike carefully (i.e. sandbag quite heavily), exciting races are possible. Even with ONE OPPONENT...sorry. I'll stop banging on about that sometime. SERIOUSLY KAZ?!?! Cough. Sorry. 👎

One more Street Machine Division cup to come too, this time unlimited CCs. Some big beasts lurk...:nervous:

Series 4: Street Machine Cup - Stage 4 (Unlimited)

Bike: 1985 Suzuki RG500 Gamma

So this should be interesting - had some excellent battles in the previous division using a horsepower disadvantage to make up for the blithering AI's sheer ineptitude. So that should be magnified here, with 1200-1300cc beasts the regulars here. YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE?! YOURE IN THE JUNGLE BABY!! And I'm not planning on dying either :mischievous:

Race 1: Apricot Hill Raceway

Opponent: 2005 Honda CB1300 Super Bol D'Or

Oooh, a bike with high-speed endurance racing pedigree. This should be fun...wait, hang on, I've caught him within a handful of corners on the opening lap. Like, I'M ALREADY PASSING HIM AND IVE BARELY FINISHED TYPING THIS SENTENCE?!?! (Not literally, but you get my point).

Well, he does have big horsepower, so let's see how that comes back at me...nope...somehow even on the straights he is falling away. In fact I'm TWO SECONDS CLEAR by the end of lap 1. This is just...abysmal. 👎

So it's time trial stuff from here on in, and it's lucky I love this little Gamma, because I certainly don't have any competition to make this race interesting...I end up finishing a whopping SEVEN SECONDS clear of my rival. Wow. This takes things to a whole new Yaya Sanogo level of rubbish :grumpy:

(Apologies to any Arsenal fans here, btw!)

Race 2: High-Speed Ring

We should be guaranteed a better race here, as my opponent's strengths rather suit this track...can't think what they'd be? 💡

Either way, I still end up stalking the pipes of my victim-sorry, rival, by the end of lap 1. Predictably he storms clear down the endless front straight and banked turn 1, but we spend most of lap 2 side-by-side, criss-crossing through the esses! This is becoming an interesting battle, but usefully I get such a good jump off the final corner that it's well past the start-finish line that the Honda thunders past. :mischievous:

Then, disaster. Coming into turn 2 on the final lap, we go side-by-side. Knees collide, and I slip, slide and spectacularly high-side off my bike! The bike goes tumbling over the barrier in a spectacular crash, and in reality I'd probably be out for six months with a busted collarbone...but luckily this is fiction, and I am simply reset. But pivotally I am reset ONE SECOND down on the leader. Forget uphill task, this just became vertical! :crazy:

Fortunately the Gamma is right up to the task. I'm still trailing by 0.7s coming into the final hairpin, and I know my only chance is getting a good jump off the final corner. We both slam the gas, and my little Suzuki fires off the corner like it got shot out of a cannon! I surge by, and then horsepower takes over...come on little Suzuki!! THIS IS GONNA BE CLOSE!!

We cross the line split by 0.07s...in my favour. YES!!

That was an INSANE race. It was exciting anyway, but my late stack made things even more thrilling. Goodness me! Might need a cool beverage after that one...but we still have one more race in this division!

Race 3: Tsukuba Circuit

Opponent: 2005 Buell Firebolt XB12R

After the wide open spaces of High-Speed Ring, running Tsukuba immediately afterwards feels like racing around inside my garden shed! But despite a few overshot apexes, I round up my beefy opponent fairly swiftly, making the killer pass at Turn 1 on lap 2 and coasting home to a 6s victory. After the heart-pounding tension of the last race, a nice boring comfortable win will do me fine, thanks! :cheers:

Last edited:
..........Anyway. I picked up Tourist Trophy a couple of years ago........

Hey there Falcon, does this game title work in a PS3 console? I've owned lots of real bikes of the same era of alot of the bikes in this game. Thanks in advance for your reply!

Hey there Falcon, does this game title work in a PS3 console? I've owned lots of real bikes of the same era of alot of the bikes in this game. Thanks in advance for your reply!
If you have the original (fat 1st-gen) PS3, it should work. The Slim and Super Slim are however not backward compatible.

What Hyland said. I have a slim PS3, and it doesn't play PS2 games - confusingly it does play PS1 games though? I still play GT2 on there :) But the original full-fat PS3 will play PS2 games I'm informed. :)

Series 5: Sunday Cup (750cc Race Bikes)

Bike: 1985 Kawasaki GPZ400R RM

Race 1: Autumn Ring Mini

Opponents: 1989 Honda VFR400R RM, 1995 Yamaha TZR250SPR RM, 1993 Honda NSR250R SE RM.

FINALLY!! We're up to more than one opponent! Rejoice and sing hallelujah...although it is still only a measly three. Come on...isn't part of the appeal of bike racing the whole 3-by-3 starts, huge swarms of two-wheeled wasps attacking the first corner? Never mind, suppose we should be grateful...it could still just be one...:grumpy:

In actual fact, this race could be quite a challenge. I attempted it first in my trusty Suzuki RG250 Gamma RM, which I used to win the 2-Stroke Tales championship in my first attempt (the story of which you can read here, in full technicolour glory!), and could only finish 2nd, still 1.9s behind the winner. So it seems the compact nature of this circuit combined with only having 3 laps to get the job done means I need to go full attack from the off. Still looking for a close race, I upgrade to the race version of the bike I've been using for the last few series. As Flashheart would say, let's DOOOOOO IT!! ;)

Interestingly it seems the fastest bike on the track is starting 2nd, which is unusual - normally in TT all bikes spread out, with the fastest naturally up front. Here, not the case. The 2nd place Yamaha is plugged up behind the lead Honda, and by the time I work my way up to 3rd and finish lap 1, an actual battle for position is underway. And it's one the two main protagonists don't want me to buy into - halfway through lap 2 the Yamaha starts wildly swerving in front of me, then as I attempt a move he swipes across me then brake-checks me mid-chicane! What the hell is he playing at?! Frustrated, I move past him and make a move on the leader in the final corner, only to be swiped by him and then barged wide off the exit by 2nd place! OI! What the bloody hell is this, BTCC?! :crazy:

Time to refocus. No more of this fooling around. I slice past both machines in one fell swoop halfway round the final lap, and put the hammer down to win by 1.4 seconds. Nice. :cool:

Race 2: Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway

It's a TT oval race - what more needs to be said? As I've already mentioned, I love NASCAR oval racing, but not a) this oval, which is a flat and boring intermediate, and b) not with only 3 other bikes to hand rather than 42 stock cars. Especially opponents who again insist on side-swiping you mid corner. 👎 Anyway, I move to the lead by lap 3 and come home a 2.2s victor. Next.

Race 3: Suzuka Circuit East Course

Opponents: 1993 Honda NSR250R SE RM, 1995 Yamaha TZR250SPR RM, 1985 Yamaha TZR250 RM

Of the two Suzuka configurations this is my least favourite - I much prefer the more technical West section. And it shows as I nearly overshoot the first corner and end up in Row A! Oops. Time to concentrate. My bike seems overall stronger than my rivals, but with them spread out as they are I have to move fast - I'm still 4s down on the leader after lap 1/3. I move past the 2nd place Yamaha on lap 2, and close to 1.5s as the final lap begins.

I stalk the lead Honda closely and as it dithers through the esses, I move alongside - and then get sideswiped REPEATEDLY. Seriously, this guy just WON'T give up! He hangs tough and constantly roughs me up, making me loose momentum coming up to the final two corners. I completely foul them up...damnit, I've surely missed my chance now! Come on, come on bike...YES I MIGHT JUST MAKE IT AFTER ALL HOLY COW THAT'S CLOSE!!! IT'S A DEAD HEAT!! Wait for scoring and the finish line camera...

I take the victory by just 0.03 seconds. I could've sworn I blew it - and for once, it was my superior power that did the job! You little beauty!! After I'd fluffed the final corner so badly I actually had to downshift coming off the corner. Wow. Got out of jail there!!

Time to move up to the Clubman Cup. Watch out, I'm planning on cranking out a big gun there... :mischievous:

Last edited:
Series 6: Clubman Cup

Bike: 2005 Moriwaki Motul Tiger Racing CBR1000RR Suzuka 8hr

Race 1: Suzuka Circuit West Course

So this time I'm not too fussed about parity - I'm here to road-test a bike that has sat in my garage for a little while now. And I have no clue what it is, other than it seems to have run at the Suzuka 8 Hours race. So it should be right at home here then?

Honestly, does anyone have any clue on what this bike is? Is it based on a road bike, or a custom-made GP racer? Who rode it?

Whoever it is, they must have balls the size of space hoppers.

Seriously, I sit down for the race, gun the throttle, and go into warp speed mode. I swear I've not ridden ANYTHING this fast in TT. I pile into 130R and promptly fly straight off the track, in a cloud of swear words and JESUS H CHRIST THIS IS SO FAAAAAAAAST :crazy: :scared:

I pass 3rd place before turn 1, and cleave past the other two hapless riders within half a lap. I'm not really focused on racing - more hanging on for dear life. Something I fail to do twice on the opening lap, but I somehow manage to stay aboard for the rest of the race. Coming off the final turn down the back straight is thrilling...I don't think I've ever ridden anything with such power, let alone driven any car. It's just instant. Off the corner, aim for somewhere up the road, gas down, WAAAARP SPEEEEEED AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Eventually I zoom home 15s clear of 2nd place, and promptly get off the bike and run to the toilets to change my underwear. :crazy:

Race 2: Twin Ring Motegi East Short Course

Another case of trying not to fall off for 3 laps. Jesus, this thing is just in another timezone. Forget the other three riders, who both turn up on 400cc machines despite this being an Unlimited class (strange, surely after round 1 you'd think they'd learn from that massacre?!). To be honest, short of a nuclear missile I'm not sure what they could bring to defeat me. Even with my hapless ineptitude and reaction times being about 2 seconds slower than what is needed for this bike, it's still enough to romp clear for a 20s victory. It's just...the speed. It's intoxicating! :crazy: :drool:

Race 3: Mid-Field Raceway

Yet another three laps of merely trying to hang on. Really, this bike is proving to me how much I still have to learn in terms of riding bikes in this game - answer, a lot! This is a bike which punishes the slightest miss of a breaking point, or misjudging of an apex. Before THE SPEEED HITS AGAIN...190MPH DOWN THE MAIN STRAIGHT!!!!! Straight into the barrier at T1. Which annoyingly, this being PD logic, gives me a 10 second penalty, and then I promptly fall off my bike again as I'm going so slow post penalty. Nice, that was a bit embarrassing :grumpy:

Never mind. I retake the lead soon enough, and focus on trying to be clean and smooth - and most crucially, ignoring PD's predicated gear feature, which is almost always a) too late and b) wrong. Normally it's enough to work on, but here it's better to go on your own skill and judgement (or lack of, in my case!) But by lap 3 I start figuring out breaking points for myself, and I'm rewarded with a much cleaner lap. Still miss most apexes by about Rotherham, though :grumpy:

But wow. What a machine. I love this bike...but alas. It isn't exactly making these races fun! Fortunately, the next series is a series I have tackled before - the 2-Stroke Tales. And I can confirm if the right bike is picked, excitement is guaranteed. Stay tuned :mischievous:

Last edited:
Back