Frustration

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jez
  • 20 comments
  • 1,050 views

Jez

Messages
130
Just spent 1 hour 39 mins downloading Grandorifto2. Went to play it and what do I get?
'Cannot download a suitable compressor'!!
Even Microsoft can't help.
Any ideas??
 
Can you give me the url? It may be compressed with with DivX. If you don't have DivX, get it!

...and welcome to :gtp: :)
 
i take it "Grandorifto2" is a video?
 
yea, made by Cudaman. It 's a GT3 Drifting video
it's very nice, u should download it
 
1:39...kind of a long wait.
 
Just looked; yep, it uses DivX. That also explains why MicroSoft couldn't (wouldn't) help you out. :p
 
i really wonder how u change the thing under ur name.....
 
Get over one thousand posts and an option will appear in your profile.
 
...and they have to be quality posts. Whoring around doesn't count. :p
 
As risingson has already pointed out, you need to download and install the Divx codec to watch that video. :)
 
I get this all the blood* time :rolleyes: and my Colleges PC's :computer: which downloads the Videos quicker than home :home: will not allow me to download divx?

Other vids are fine like I watched a load of CMR3 ones from the official site..

Why can't :gtp: be the same, I have managed to watch a few of Keeno's clips but others just won't play no matter how many times i try?
 
Originally posted by alex_gt
Other vids are fine like I watched a load of CMR3 ones from the official site..

Why can't :gtp: be the same, I have managed to watch a few of Keeno's clips but others just won't play no matter how many times i try?
Those CMR3 videos are all MPEG's, a completely different form of video compression that Windows Media Player (or whatever you are using) doesn't need a third-party codec to play. Why can't you just install the divx codec, exactly?
 
Jeez - if I can install DivX and run it successfully, anyone can
 
Cheers,
Divx worked and the video is excellent, shame about the music.
If only I could get broadband around here.
 
Damn, I can't delete my posts.

[Just ignore this, I posted something that was already posted.]
 
Originally posted by Jordan
Those CMR3 videos are all MPEG's, a completely different form of video compression that Windows Media Player (or whatever you are using) doesn't need a third-party codec to play. Why can't you just install the divx codec, exactly?

Because my college has the PC's :computer: on a network, so you can't install new programs?

Funny thing is sometimes the videos work and some times they don't?
 
Originally posted by alex_gt


Because my college has the PC's :computer: on a network, so you can't install new programs?

Funny thing is sometimes the videos work and some times they don't?
Being on a network shouldn't prevent you from installing the codec, but I'm going to assume they have some specific rule against doing such a thing? If so, you should ask the school's system administrator (or whoever you can contact easily) and let them know what you're trying to do. The codec is becoming an increasingly standard part of any PC as AVI files become more and more common.

You will still be able to see some videos because they are MPEG or WMV files (assuming you are using Windows Media Player), which don't require a special codec to play.
 
Back