Updates every 25 laps.

Starting Grid:

1 - Panoz Esperante GTR-1 '98
2 - Chevrolet Corvette C5R (C5) '00
3 - Audi R8 '01
4 - BMW V12 LMR '99
5 - Pescarolo Courage C60 '04
6 - BMW McLaren F1 GTR '97.

I kept exiting and re-entering to get a Group C-less lineup, but it seems my dream lineup (of both Peskys, a Bentley, an Audi and a GT-One seems more or less impossible at the moment. Completely stock McLaren, btw.

Keep your eyes peeled for updates.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 1

Lap: 25
Position: 1
Fastest Lap: 1'19.753
Split: - 0'03.631 (BMW V12 LMR)

Got out to an early 10 second lead over the Audi about 3 or 4 laps in thanks to the Vette holding up the pack, but had a massive off on the way to the second chicane and was hit by the 3rd placed Audi when I was easing back onto the track, shooting me off again, and I eventually slipped down to 4th, behind the BMW, Audi and Pesky, and 15s back. However, I'd caught up to the Pesky 6 or 7 laps later and we drafted each other up to maybe 3 seconds behind the Audi and 8 behind the BMW. Then, on lap 19, I accidentally (genuinely; it was entirely accidental) nudged the Pesky off the front straight just before the braking zone, and it slammed into the 2nd-placed Audi. The Pesky went flying off into the monstrous first corner runoff, but the Audi got going again just behind me. It passed me next time around on the front straight, but I got back past when it was held up by the Vette. By this time, my tires were completley shot so I dove into the pits and was pleasantly suprised to find I still had 30L of fuel left. I filled up to 52L and got out maybe 4 seconds in front of the BMW, who (I would have to assume) filled up all 80L. 3 laps later, my lead is slowly going away, BMW is catching up, and judging by the map the Audi is right on it's ass.

UPDATE 2

Lap: 50
Fastest Lap: 1'18.541
Split: - 0'00.513 (BMW V12 LMR)

Both the Audi and BMW are within 2 seconds, and the Pesky has spun off (completely on it's own, surprisingly) once that I've seen and possibly twice.

UPDATE 3

Lap: 75
Fastest Lap: 1'18.127
Split: - 0'01.254 (Audi R8)

This.car.is.a.doll. It keeps getting better and better, I absolutely adore it. And, to be honest, I've been playing GT4 for 3 years now (and the GT series for much longer) and this is shaping up to be the single greatest race I've ever had. I didn't think the AI was capable of this sort of thing, but EVERY time I press L1 to look back, there's a different car right behind me - the BMW is as solid as it was in my Sarthe epic, the Audi is trading paint with it at every corner, and the Pesky is right there too. Shame you can't enter photo mode during a race, because at around lap 71 or 72, I looked back as I was going down the straight and the Audi, BMW, and Pesky were 3 abreast. Fantastic.

UPDATE 4

Lap: 101
Fastest Lap: 1'17.855
Split: - 0'02.939 (Pescarolo Courage C60)

This car just keeps getting better and better. It slides when I want it too, it sticks when I want it to, it stops on a dime.. immense.

UPDATE 5

Lap: 125
Fastest Lap: 1'18.541
Split: - 0'14.513 (Audi R8)

UPDATE 6

Lap: 150
Fastest Lap: 1'17.569
Split: - 0'09.114 (Pescarolo Courage C60/Peugot)

UPDATE 6

Lap: 176
Position: 2
Fastest Lap: 1'17.521
Split: + 0'00.347 (Audi R8)

More or less a 3 horse race right now. Myself, the Audi and the BMW V12 are trading positions (and paint) every lap. The prototypes have about 10 or 15 more km/h down the straight, but I've hit a groove through the corners and it feels like it's been 50 laps since I last heard the tires squeal. The BMW is right behind me, and the Pesky is probably about 5 seconds back of us.

UPDATE 7

Lap: 200
Fastest Lap: 1'17.081
Split: - 0'01.145 (Audi R8)

Both the Audi and the BMW are less than 3 seconds back, and the Pesky was right there with them until he cut into the pits. I still think I can win this one, but I will have to pit one more time and I think the Pesky might be able to make it from here..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINAL RESULTS

1 - BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 228 laps
2 - Audi R8 Race Car '01 + 0'01.923
3 - BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99 + 0'02.330
4 - Pescarolo Courage C60/Peugot '03 + 0'06.997
5 - Panoz Esperante GTR-1 Race Car '98 + 8 laps
6 - Cheverolet Corvette C5R (C5) '00 + 21 laps.

I don't even know what to say. Absolutely amazing, and if the finish line was 200m farther down the straight I would've been 3rd.

Last edited:
:odd: Another one? So fast? You are going to get sick. Unless you don't run it straight, that is. But good luck, anyways :tup. I must do one of these myself one day.

Can we keep all the updates in the first post this time? 💡
It makes following the race easier as the laptimes and split-times are easily compared from 1 period to the next. :)

What sort of A-spec pointage did you get offered for this one?

Have we ever seen an endurance-race end with a MOV of less than a second on these boards?:scared:
Looks like you're having one hell of a race, fingers crossed you come out on top!

Thank you very much, and I should point out right now I completely understand how unbelievable the last update is. My apologies, I have no way to prove any of this so if you don't believe it all I understand.

Last edited:
It doesn't need to be believable. It's amazing the way it is. I would only write a race report like this if I could upload pictures again. I don't give a damn if people believe it or what, I do it for my own pleasure :D Congratulations, man! 👍

Thank you very much, and I should point out right now I completely understand how unbelievable the last update is. My apologies, I have no way to prove any of this so if you don't believe it all I understand.

First off, congratulations on another great win! Finishing two of the longest endurance-races in the space of one day, I'd say both you and your ps2 has earned a rest now!👍

I see absolutely no reason not to believe your report, my apologies if my previous post seemed to imply otherwise, it certainly was not my intention.

I believe my closest enduro ever was a 2.4 second win at Grand Valley, but 4 cars within 7 seconds is amazing. It must have been a fantastic spectacle.

What are you planning next?

I should point out now I'm both off from work this week and a genuine insomniac anyway, so that should probably help justify my apparently sudden impules to A-spec enduros.

As for what's next, I'm thinking Infineon World Sports. I grew to love the older Fuji in the last race, and I hope it will happen for Infineon as well.

As for what's next, I'm thinking Infineon World Sports. I grew to love the older Fuji in the last race, and I hope it will happen for Infineon as well.

As for Infineon, once you learn where the AI are "hesitant" and where the best passing spots are, it's very easy to make a great, high A-spec point race out of this one too. It's been done twice before in a stock Oreca Dodge Viper by Vash666 & myself, and a repeat of this would gain you immediate entry to the CLUB 200 Clan!

Details are Here & Here. :D

I'll have a look there.. in the grand scheme of things, this is a sprint race disguised as an Endurance event and I really want to throw the Panoz out there and maybe use this as a race to warm myself up for a run with the Viper.

I'm not 100% certain, but I think given the right AI opposition, that the Panoz might be capable of a 200 point race at Infineon too, although it might require having the Sauber & R92CP in the field which would be tricky to keep up with. Just a thought...💡

Spectacular race Hyst. I did Infineon with the Speed 8 yesterday (no challenge, I know) as training for a run at 200 a-spec Infineon. My field had the 787B, the R92CP, the Pescarolo Courage/Peugot, the R8, and the Panoz. If you can get a race without the C9 or 787B, and possibly the R92CP, it shouuld be fairly easy to 200point a-spec. And once again, spectacular race!

Happy Hunting!

Yay! :) Well done, Hyst 👍 Looking forward to seeing your next Race Report :dopey: It'll be great as this one ;)..

Best wishes,

S-Line Audi Fan :cheers:

Back