Fuji 2005 is the worst EVER!!!

• Thread starter normteke
  • 240 comments
Does anyone else think this track (in both forms) is just horrible, terrible, awful, and the absolute worst track(s) in GT4? To anyone who has had the misfortune of racing it, I think you will now understand why F1 fans absolutely abhor any track designed by Herman Tilke. The course just feels completely awful, and those low speed turns, :yuck: .

Whoever said aerodynamics have ruined racing may or may not be right, but they sure have ruined racing tracks. If courses have to be designed like this to make sure high-downforce cars are safe, then I hope Max Moseley comes out tomorrow in a press conference and declares "Wings are for airplanes!" and just axes them altogether.

Anyway, I'm just trying to gauge opinion on these monstrosities to motorsport. :ill:

so... what make this track so bad for u?

i only hate it because there are so many "detours" and they make me dunno where to turn...
and there's this one corner i can never make with the recommended gear.. always have to go one lower.... so sad...

The worst tracks in GT4 honors goes to Hong Kong, New York, And both Paris Tracks. 👎

i love HK track.... NY and Paris are alrite....
but i guess u'll appreciate it a lot more if you've been to those places..... lived in HK for 12 years.... all the details of the city is there... difficulty wise i think it's not too bad neither....
New York is not as fun as HK.... way too grid like.... although that's what most city like..
i still can't master George Paris... Opera is alrite... i like it more than NY

i think the worst city track award goes to Seoul....

Absolutely agree that 2005 Fuji is the worst track. Particularly when you compare it to the brilliant 90's version of Fuji. What happened?! They paved over all the grass in the second loop. It's like driving on an airport runway. Also just LOVE :rolleyes: the revised turn after the straightaway.

It's not the best track, but certainly not the worst. It's only confusing at times when you're not sure where to turn, but after a few runs, you get the hang of it.

JBR-Man
All tracks are good.

It sucks when you cannot drive there. So, learn.

Yeah, what he said. You're just used to the others :)

Besides, Seoul has got to win honors for the worst track simply because it's boring and pointless. The first thing I thought was "Wow, Korea must have paid Sony a TON to put this in as a tourist thing..."

But I digress. Yes, all of Tilke's track designs are really pretty lifeless in terms of character, and those giant new tarmac runoffs are a little wierd looking, but keep running it. You might get to like it...

Event Horizon
The worst tracks in GT4 honors goes to Hong Kong, New York, And both Paris Tracks. 👎
Damn well said EH! I hate HK with every fiber of my being. I wish that track would just erase itself off of the disc completely. I don't quite mind the NY track - although that carusel turn pisses me off. Opera just plain sucks all together.

I agree with you, Fuji 2005 is absolute trash. I feel sorry for the poor Japanese dudes that have to drive on this, and especially sorry for the first guy that is gonna die because he has no idea where the hell he is going. My favorite part is watching the AI make picture perfect, faultless laps, one after the other.

Maturin
B-Spec was MADE for Opera! ;) Terrible track, even Rome was better.
Yeah - I miss Rome. That was one of my favorite tracks from GT3, Rome, Grand Valley, and Apricot Hill.

lol.. fuji 2005 for me is like the slacker course, i just punch it around those low speed turns, try to make a late apex and use all that paved junk around the track as my safe guard, just ease the car back onto the real track and set up for the next turn.

Fuji 2005 GT is a mess IMO... I can't stand it, you can hardly tell where the track is, just concrete everywhere... its like trying to drive around an empty Wal-Mart parking lot with a track marked out with a sharpie marker... :grumpy:

I don't know... maybe I just have to get used to it.

Hong Kong and Paris were two tracks I disliked, but I'm getting used to them now, and they're not so bad.

since gt4 isnt coming out for another 2 days here i havnt tried it... but i have raced at it in gt4 prolouge and i must say that it is a great track... i like it

I agree Seoul is the crappiest track for sure. Way to boring, if I wanted to drive straights I'd do 1/4 miles in Las Vegas all the time.

I've done about two races on Seoul. I think the game knows its god-awful and limits the amount of races on it.

At least El Capitan and Aria make up for those. And the new and improved Grand Valley.

depending on your skill, will result in if you do or do not like the fuji race track (and its different versions). thats just my opinion. I mean if you dont know how to drive that good, of course its gonna be difficult, it has some very "interesting" corners, but just like all the tracks, for me, its fun to drive. Although my fav is driving Capri or the other course (I forget the name, but similar to capri), I like driving them with really fast cars...makes things more interesting. :) but hey this is just my does pesos so no se nojen con migo.

I would have much rather seen just ONE Fuji track, is it really necessary to have 5 different versions of a course? They could have put four other different tracks in, but instead they put in 5 versions of the same course.

Potsy.

I like the Fuji tracks. (especially the 80s version)

I absolutly hate Opera Paris. I'd rather cut off limbs that race on that one.

Back