Fuji for the not so fast in the slower cars 05-25-45

Cashwars
Hi everyone, I think i would like to aim this to newish members, those who may be watching but have not joined up and those who would like to do at least 5 laps where they don't get left for dead for lack of speed compared to the speed merchants all around us and also by not using one of the fastest cars hopefully stand a chance of keeping it on track for the full 5 laps.
I know theirs some who can take to the racing games like a duck to water but for the majority it may involve many many laps etc. So what better way than to start at 550PP Fuji, an event where your not blasting round the track but having to keep the momentum of your car going for the whole lap as most are running underpowered/overweight or even slippier tyres just to make the 550PP.
Also racing at the 550 RWD means intoducing the RW, probably the harder of the different drives to come to grips with. The slower pace means you get time to think about your next braking point/turning point, gives you the time to look around you, figure out where you are compared to other racers and also when you do start to loose it time to recover
The car in question is the BMW Concept as i had a few goes yesterday and found it to be easy to drive and it's not that much of a slug.
Anyone interested?

Last edited:
Hi, if you click on my name, top right, you will see a link for the BMW, don't feel as though you need to use that set up, but maybe 10-25-40-55 timing and just race or drive, all i guess we should do is if you hit someone by accident, just ease of, make sure they are running ok and continue, what you reckon? I don't mind driving around until people pich it up, the car and track.

Also if others are interested i don't mind trying to make other set ups with this car, maybe stickier tyres etc to help you round and staying on the track

Could we make it any BMW, I have a Z4 I've been working on that I'd like to test, its not very fast in the straights but drives like it's on rails, I was just about to have a blast in it on Fuji?

yea, i don't mind, the idea is for those who have difficulty with the fastest cars being a bit hard to control, so we take some of the slower ones, ones which are a little easier to drive and race in those, maybe, try out varied cars at the 550Fuji, then progress onto the next event, say the 600AWD and so on and so on.
Trying different cars, different tracks, supplying set ups etc etc

Sounds great, I'll on very shortly at one of your specified times, just got to have a shower after 5-a side. Beware, it's punters happy hour out there, I've just encountered the worst kind tonight.

Was trying one with less power but stickier tyres. the Z4 is basically a tank, i tried it yesterday and its slow

Hello Focus Rsi, thats 2 races with you now, coincidence???

Yea this time i will see how it goes using S2/S3

May be worth changing to run at 5-25-45 as going on 15's does not leave a lot of time inbetween races, what you reckon?

All those italians in Viper GTS, i moved over at start, didnt want to interfer to much in their event

Using S2/S3 is ok with that set up, although i think slower

Sorry for the double post

Man, where did all those Vipers come from? That was scary :scared:! Definitely a good idea to change the start times, I missed one setting up my car a minute ago. Incidentally, drove your tune on the S1/S2 and it was surprisingly easy to drive, good work 👍

the only time you need to be cautious in the tii is when in second gear, to much gas and it can go on you, gentle with the throttle in 2nd and its so easy to drive
yea and i actually set up a Viper GTS tune today as well, if i'd been in that i could of compared

Got stuff ready for the AWD 600 and stuff done for the Fuji 650PP

They were all over the road! I had to take a penalty to avoid smacking one in the back. They must be running very fat and on loose tyres. Looking forward to trying again now I'm getting the hang of this car!

Think the Viper you have to be on S1/S1 minimum to scrape low enough for the 550 RWD event, saying that it still grips rather well

hahaha the vipers again

Last edited:
Man I need to practise more, you're killing me! Good driving 👍

In for my last of the night at :45, lets see if I can get by without embarassing myself this time :dunce:

Hopefully at 45 will be no Vipers

Also as its your last, let me know when you want to do this next time, and we can choose a different car and try to get a few more set ups for it, will try to stick at 550 RWD for now though

maybe it's worth choosing the next meet day and what car to use, so hopefully if others join in they will drive the same car. theres so many nice cars which get overlooked because they dont win races

i was trying to stay just in front so that maybe you could see my lines/braking points etc

Last edited:
:) Really enjoyed that cheers!

I'm getting a bit better, that last race was good and definitely helped following you round and spotting lines and braking points. Bit busy the next couple of days with work but definitely up for some more racing. Maybe if we make it a regular event, more might join in as people might be able to drop in the odd one some nights.

Friday is good for me, might sneak on at some point Wed/Thurs but can't guarantee I'm afraid :grumpy:

How about an RX-8? Really sad but I own one and the wife won't let me race it so would be good to have a go online!

RX-8 will be cool, sure i have a set up for that car, not sure i can make Friday, work colleagues birthday so beer comes first. I'll pop in round about 8 or after each night that i can see if anyones up for some track time in the slower cars.

So if anyone is interested let me know here or via psn, i don't bite and i don't mind taking it easy and doing some laps

Ok, I'll do the same, if we say xx:05, xx:25, xx:45 I'm sure we'll meet up. Might be worth putting it in the title of the thread to encourage a few others to join us?

Agreed, beer MUST come first!!!

This sounds good!
Sorry, at work right now, so didn't take the time to read the entire thread, but it seems the car choice is becoming more open? What I'm saying is: would you mind if I join in again with the 512?
Cheers
Ren

I don't mind what car people use, the idea is for the not so fast to meet try out some of the slower cars, share set ups, swap ideas but most of all have fun. The only real conditions are if you clip someone, slow down make sure they are running ok and continue, it's not about winning after all we are using some of the unused slower cars its about fun and having the time during a race to plan your moves, get a feel for the cars/track and observe yourself and others while running close to each other.

The more the merrier

Mazda RX-8 Type S '07

I tried to make this one as user friendly as possible, it's quickish but sticks, now to see about doing one that's quicker but needs more attention when using :sly:
And i got nowhere, tried different tyres but the one's i used for the above seemed the best overall, just a few minor tweeks made the car faster and pushed it into the 1.52's

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back