Full-Lap Wheelies

• Thread starter JRZRacing
  • 9 comments
I was just playin tt and decided that I would try to do a lap wheelie on that oval super speedway course, after a couple of trys, I did it. Then I decided to move on to a course with a few more turns, so I tried it in tsukuba circuit and I did it! I would post a vid if I knew how, cuz I saved the replays. And I was wondering if anyone else has managed to pull off any full-lap wheelies. Heres a pic of a little trick I can do (not sure what it's called) taken with my 1mp camera.

Attachments

• DSC00741sm.jpg
    DSC00741sm.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 79
Have you managed to master the stoppie yet? I haven't tried to do one yet, but have accidentally managed to do a couple just before plowing into a wall!

The stoppie is the reverse of the wheelie - rear wheel in the air, balancing on the front wheel before coming to a stop.

Maybe someone should start up a 'tricks' subsection under the TT forum where impressive pics like yours can be posted...

If you're talking about the stoppie, the idea is to keep it straight, unless you're a stunt bike rider!

Re the wheelie, it's all about balance - I haven't tried wheelies in TT but I know you have to do both wheelies and stoppies in the motorbike driving schools for Grand Theft Auto Vice City & San Andreas, which is where I learnt about wheelies around curves and/or oncoming traffic! Tight corners, however, I think, might be beyond me, but would be interested to hear if anyone has successfully achieved this feat!

To turn, you need to keep the nose as high as possible without flipping, to a point where the bike slows down, I usually stay at about 10mph to do the turns. I've also managed to do a few circle wheelies. It would be great if I could get the rider to do some better tricks like a switchback recliner or something like that, but unfortunately the game limits the stunts to only wheelies and stoppies (that I know of).

BTW what do you mean by mastering the stoppie? I've kept a stoppie for about 15 seconds off a rolling start of 60km/h, if you consider that mastering it. And I was able to pull off a few 180 degree stoppies, I just uploaded a vid here it is,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx2_W6d1LK0

Here is another pic, similar to the previous one, but hand is down.

Attachments

• VLS.JPG
    VLS.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 45
JRZRacing
BTW what do you mean by mastering the stoppie? I've kept a stoppie for about 15 seconds off a rolling start of 60km/h, if you consider that mastering it.

JRZRacing,

By 'mastering' the stoppie, I was implying that the act of committing said stoppie was intentional, planned, etc. As I mentioned earlier, I have done a couple of unplanned ones in TT before plowing into walls, but I am still to do one intentionally. If I could do them intentionally on demand, then I would consider that to be in the league of 'mastering' them.

Hope that clears up what I meant.

Delvesy
JRZRacing,

By 'mastering' the stoppie, I was implying that the act of committing said stoppie was intentional, planned, etc. As I mentioned earlier, I have done a couple of unplanned ones in TT before plowing into walls, but I am still to do one intentionally. If I could do them intentionally on demand, then I would consider that to be in the league of 'mastering' them.

Hope that clears up what I meant.

^--Options > Race Settings > Failure Conditions -OFF-

Impressive JRZ:tup:
Yes, I have given that a shot and... let's just say you have a tad more patients than me.:indiff:

To do a full 180 stoppie, I start at around 50 km/h, then hold the brake and lean in, tap the brake to bring the tail of the bike down slowly, but don't stop leaning in. Once the back tire comes down you will usually have to go full throttle and do some quick counter steering to keep from tipping over.

For the wheelies, it's more simple, to start off I usually start from 0, rev the engine with the brake on and pulling back, and then let go of the brake. I bring the bike to a point where it starts to slow down if you lean back any further. I use that to keep the bike going slow so I can turn the corners without falling off, For the lap wheelies, I keep the bike at around 15-25 km/h, and for the circle wheelie I keep it at around 1-5 km/h. If you slow down to 0, the rider's legs will come down and the bike will move backwards.

I also am practicing a new trick that I have discovered, not too interesting, but I was able to pull off a 30 second stoppie from a 75 km/h rolling start with this trick. It could be useful to pull off other stunts, but I am still playing around with it.

I like this pic of a 180 stoppie on the trick*star zx10

Attachments

• image 3.JPG
    image 3.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 30
Back