Fun idea

  • Thread starter Thread starter SuperShouden
  • 47 comments
  • 3,299 views

SuperShouden

(Banned)
Messages
7,542
Messages
SuperShouden
I think it'd be really cool to be able to put lightbars on your ride. You could just have a simple across-the-roof lightbar and let people adjust the light colors. This way we could make cop cars, pace cars, tow trucks, ambulances, and other stuff. It'd be really fun to race with 'em. You don't even have to have sirens. just the lightbars.

And imagine the fun you could have with 16 cars on the track. Maybe do a type of Zombie game were one person starts out as the cop and everyone he stops turns into one...or even just a massive police case with 15 cop cars chasing down one car.
 
Hmmmm....sounds more Burnout Paradise than GT5 to me.
 
I'm sorry,but that just doesn't fit in GT5's vision & concept
 
Not a bad idea. I know in LFS you have "city driving" servers where people pretend to drive like it was a street and you have cops driving around, you can have some fun in them. But that's on PC where the community has a lot of ability to make their own adjustments to track layouts and server options. Its not something I want to see PD invest any time on, its something I'd like to see the community do, but console games aren't open enough for the community to do those sorts of things.
 
Sorry, but this thread just screams of desperation. Talk about creating something just for the sake of it...

As already said, this does not fit into the Gran Turismo vision & concept. It might work for games like Burnout Paradise, Midnight Club, or even Grand Theft Auto, but not here.
 
I think this could be a great on-line idea - just two cars - ones a baddy the other a cop - the baddy gets a five second head start from the line then the cops car gives chase with full sirens blaring - this would be a fun mini game.
 
Sorry, but this thread just screams of desperation. Talk about creating something just for the sake of it...

As already said, this does not fit into the Gran Turismo vision & concept. It might work for games like Burnout Paradise, Midnight Club, or even Grand Theft Auto, but not here.

Its not that unreasonable as you guys are making out. LFS is a pretty serious sim, very far from burnout, midnight club, need for speed, etc... yet it has servers which are set up basically for this sort of thing. And its actually FUN doing things like cops and robbers in a game with realistic physics (though crash physics are a pretty off in LFS ;)).
 
-> I could see this as a reality, as long as you have a very trust-worthy partner...

417883739_3b35edc3dd.jpg


417883741_6d8c97b3b1.jpg




...coordination is the key to make a very epic replay. :indiff:
 
Especially if you could create your own tracks and then smash through fields and have a police dog van after you - ha ha how funny would it be if your car crashed and you could get out of your car 'a la 'home' style and start running across the field then the dog van catches you up and then parks up and sends the dogs in!!

Hilarious!

oh and helicopter's too.

it won't happen but - i would love that kind of game.

I love watching The Intercepters on channel five here in the Uk.

http://demand.five.tv/Series.aspx?seriesBaseName=PoliceInterceptors

Some cracking car chases and removal of cars from "Scum /Chavs "
 
Gran Theft Auto.


Bwahaha.
 
-> I won't look forward as a real dedicated segment of the game. The users will improvise the situations on hand, it would be very cool though especially if GT5 has one-way tracks.

IMG_0162%20copy.jpg


2492516337_a2c0c36165.jpg


2493316554_057ca7c304.jpg


:)
 
Also, I suspect people to create police liverys if you can do that in GT5. And with the ability to create custom tracks, if someone were to built a nice little stunt arena or something, chasing someone around in a cop car with working lights could be really fun. But if their are no lightbars, I'm sure people will improvise.
 
GT is not Burnout Paradise
GT is not Driver
GT is not GTA
GT is not NFS Hot Pursuit

If you want "fun" and no seriousness please go play the titles above.
 
GT is not Burnout Paradise
GT is not Driver
GT is not GTA
GT is not NFS Hot Pursuit

If you want "fun" and no seriousness please go play the titles above.
Exactly, and besides, GT5 is taking long enough to release as it is, without adding further developments that contradict the very essence of what the game is all about.

If you want to get together with a group of friends, set up a private lobby, and agree to play "cat and mouse" or whatever it is you want, you can (assuming private lobbies are supported!) do that. It doesn't need flashing lights, neons, or uber-laser-scanning-doobries to make things better.
 
GT is not Burnout Paradise
GT is not Driver
GT is not GTA
GT is not NFS Hot Pursuit

If you want "fun" and no seriousness please go play the titles above.

I love the holier than thou attitude when "serious" sims have servers dedicated to this sort of stuff and its "fun" doing it in a game which actually has realistic physics, opposed to the arcade style games that are set up to let you do it. :p
 
not a good idea...
 
Sorry, but i have to agree that this is not a good idea.
 
Sorry, but i have to agree that this is not a good idea.

If this was an online game you could play with friends then lots of people would play it - therefore its a good idea.

Lets say you have to nudge the car 4 times to disable it and you could drive the opposite way around city courses, with lots of side streets you could use to try and catch the stolen car etc.

I reckon it would be a right laugh.

Just cos you don't want to do this doesn't make it a bad idea.

Has there ever been a car game where you can actually be the police car and give chase instead of it been AI driven?

I thought most games you would have to be chased and not be given the opportunity to give chase?

I'm all up for mini on-line games such as these - it will make GT appeal to a wider audience too and will not detract from its core vision of been a great racing simulator.

How people can say its a bad idea just annoys me so much - there's nothing negative about it at all.
 
i think it'd be really cool to be able to put lightbars on your ride. You could just have a simple across-the-roof lightbar and let people adjust the light colors. This way we could make cop cars, pace cars, tow trucks, ambulances, and other stuff. It'd be really fun to race with 'em. You don't even have to have sirens. Just the lightbars.

And imagine the fun you could have with 16 cars on the track. Maybe do a type of zombie game were one person starts out as the cop and everyone he stops turns into one...or even just a massive police case with 15 cop cars chasing down one car.
What the hell????????????????????????????
 
NFS Undercover also allows this "feature". Since the question was asked, why get defensive when others voice their opinion that they think it's a stupid idea. If you don't want to hear it, don't ask the question :)

There are several games out there that allow you to do "Police chases". When I play them, I find it a novelty and it is fun for about 10 minutes, then the novelty wears off.

GT is a smooth, slick, sophisticated driving game. My only beef with GT over the years has been that it is primarily a "Driving Simulator" and NOT a racing game. Now, finally, it's about to become an awesome RACING game for the first time. Fans of GT that are "racing fans" in real life are naturally going to think it's a dumb idea. Age demographics could also play a part in this issue. If I was 12 years old, I might think it would be a good idea, but since I am a serious racing fan, I want to race and GT5 is the place to DO THAT !
 
I don't see this happening one bit, however I do see rooms people setup for this sort of thing possibly using the pace car(s), which I admit would be fun to do here and there, I will play this "chase" kind of game with people for sure but I don't think, and don't want PD to spend time on something like adding functioning lightbars for all cars.

If there is a livery editor, I think that would be enough to make police cars while, like people said already, would be best in a custom track IF there is an actual track editor in the game to make point to point tracks. (heres to hoping!)
 
If this was an online game you could play with friends then lots of people would play it - therefore its a good idea.

Lets say you have to nudge the car 4 times to disable it and you could drive the opposite way around city courses, with lots of side streets you could use to try and catch the stolen car etc.

I reckon it would be a right laugh.

Just cos you don't want to do this doesn't make it a bad idea.

Has there ever been a car game where you can actually be the police car and give chase instead of it been AI driven?

I thought most games you would have to be chased and not be given the opportunity to give chase?

I'm all up for mini on-line games such as these - it will make GT appeal to a wider audience too and will not detract from its core vision of been a great racing simulator.

How people can say its a bad idea just annoys me so much - there's nothing negative about it at all.

I think that if some people really want to play cops & robbers, they would do it, with or without lightbars. I just think that adding lightbars is not necessary IMO. GT5 should focus to other features than lightbars to make it more driving simulation. Remember, it's just my two cents.
 
The GT series is at the more serious end of the driving game spectrum and is about driving cars as fast as possible on race tracks so I doubt this would be very high up in PD's priorities.

Who knows what kind of events will be included with the game or what users can create but many millions of people will buy GT5 so there will be some people who would find this kind of thing fun even if they are in the minority, each unto their own.
 
You cannot put lightbars on any car in Burnout Paradise. The vehicles only come with them...

So, stop saying Burnout Paradise. :crazy:
 
Light bars? You've been taking too much ecstasy.
 
Back