Fun idea

  • Thread starter Thread starter SuperShouden
  • 47 comments
  • 3,299 views
Why stop there? Why not have hookers at the side of the track that you can beat up for moneys to buy more cars? And Something that would be good too is if you could choose your race at the start and drive as a half-orc or dark elf. Maybe some transformer style cars too that could turn into jet fighters and save suzuka from the wrath of the Godzilla.

Or maybe we already have all those games. I'll settle for something I can drive, eh :dunce:
 
You know what kind of fun idea will be in GT5? Smashing a VW beetle bug head on with Dodge Ram Hemi. Like this..........

 
^LOL thats epic!
That was by far the most fun you could have in the RAM.

Back on topic though. I think everyone got carried away with the police chase thing. And forgot about the lightbar idea.

I think it's a good idea. And yes I would like to put a lightbar on a car so that, in effect, it is now a pace car.

But the chase idea. No, just no.
 
Why stop there? Why not have hookers at the side of the track that you can beat up for moneys to buy more cars? And Something that would be good too is if you could choose your race at the start and drive as a half-orc or dark elf. Maybe some transformer style cars too that could turn into jet fighters and save suzuka from the wrath of the Godzilla.
It's worthless without a Teletubby as the co-pilot...
 
No need to be so irate with the guy for having a dream. If we read beyond his personal desire, we would see that he is simply asking for some modification leeway.

The Gran Turismo Pace Car already exists, so deciding that a police vehicle, which it very much resembles (lights and all) is the wrong look for GT, is already arguing in the wrong direction.

As to the whole zombie idea, who would a few added mini games hurt? It might even get a few of you to enjoy driving an oval. :)
 
Believe it or not a couple days ago I had a dream in which KY was showing me GT5 in which there was a mini game of skiing. Which did not involve cars in any way!? WTF?!
 
it should be noted that I posted this on the Forza forums and it got pretty much the same response: "No, this is a driving simulations."
 
You know what kind of fun idea will be in GT5? Smashing a VW beetle bug head on with Dodge Ram Hemi. Like this..........


"Different strokes for different folks" ......... since this has NOTHING to do with racing, it doesn't interest me in the slightest. It does remind me however of the time a friend brought his 9 year old son over to the house and I let him try out the Playseat ...... he would find this entertaining 👎 To me, this is just soooo boring ..... takes no skill what so ever and doesn't present any kind of a real challenge.

Then again, you might have made that post using sarcasm as the intended medium, and in which case, I applaud the effort.

Please excuse my personal opinion if it offends you :)
 
Sorry ... double post error on my part :scared:
 
Nothing taken :) I just put that video for a laugh.
 
I fail to see how putting lights on your car would be fun. Most of the suggestions simply turn GT5 into an arcade game. What's next, deciding whch flavour of air freshner you can have in your car?
 
How would it turn into an arcade game with light bars? I mean, you can buy light bars in the real world? And it would be an interesting customization thing. Yeah, you could use to create cop cars and stuff like that, but you could do a lot more than that. Especially if you change the color of the lights. I mean, it's not like I suggested creating transforming cars or something.
 
How would it turn into an arcade game with light bars? I mean, you can buy light bars in the real world? And it would be an interesting customization thing. Yeah, you could use to create cop cars and stuff like that, but you could do a lot more than that. Especially if you change the color of the lights. I mean, it's not like I suggested creating transforming cars or something.

You have to realize that this is Gran Turismo and the second you suggest any change, it doesn't even really matter what change it is, it's going to fall on deaf ears. The only thing worse is to suggest a feature that another racing game has that would make GT better.

God forbid you do that. :crazy:
 
I think this could be a great on-line idea - just two cars - ones a baddy the other a cop - the baddy gets a five second head start from the line then the cops car gives chase with full sirens blaring - this would be a fun mini game.

I had a simular idea to this maybe have 10 cars cops in a caprice classic or whatevers closer to a cop car. Then the crook can have whatever car it wants. Then pick a track and laps amount the crookek has to race that many laps without being gets stopped or something like that. this way the cops can set upp roadclock and what not be fun.
 
Need For Speed Undercover is what you're looking for :)
 
Need For Speed Undercover is what you're looking for :)

there are other NFS games besides Undercover. Heck Undercover isn't even the best NFS title. That would go to shift, abut the next best would be Hot Pursuit, HP2 and High Stakes. Most Wanted is the best one for customization of the cars.

Back to the subject: I still think it would be a cool customization addition. Even if you don't use it for a C&R thing (although, I'm sure with the realism of GT5, something like that could be surprisingly fun.). Customization is all about the expressing one's self, and I'm sure there'd be plenty of people that would use light bars if they were a customization option...I know I'd use it...(I want to get Forza and GT5 and dress all the Dodges in my garages as cop cars, just for fun.)
 
As to the whole zombie idea, who would a few added mini games hurt? It might even get a few of you to enjoy driving an oval. :)

I take it back. A breakout clone or pool game might be just the thing I need to keep my mind occupied during the Nascar sections :sly:
 
there are other NFS games besides Undercover. Heck Undercover isn't even the best NFS title. That would go to shift, abut the next best would be Hot Pursuit, HP2 and High Stakes. Most Wanted is the best one for customization of the cars.

Back to the subject: I still think it would be a cool customization addition. Even if you don't use it for a C&R thing (although, I'm sure with the realism of GT5, something like that could be surprisingly fun.). Customization is all about the expressing one's self, and I'm sure there'd be plenty of people that would use light bars if they were a customization option...I know I'd use it...(I want to get Forza and GT5 and dress all the Dodges in my garages as cop cars, just for fun.)

I never said Undercover was the best NFS game and IMO Shift is far and away the absolute worst installment in the series 👎

I am aware that there are other NFS games, having owned every single racing game ever made including ALL the NFS series games.

My comment was based on the thread's proposition that driving as the cop and taking down other drivers can be fun. There are many events in Undercover where you actually do all of the things proposed in this thread, such as running from the cops and being the cop :)

I also find it hard to go back and play those older PS2 games simply because of the difference in graphics etc.
 
Back