Funny Gran Turismo 6 Picture Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you not see the film Tropic Thunder? The context for 'full-retard' is in there and there's no ambiguity about that at all.

Nope, not seen it, don't want to either.

That said, you are right, didn't realize that. I still think it's funny mind you! I guess I'm just not that easily offended.

👍

I used those words because it's from the phase "Never go full retard". Mind you, I have a very dark and silly sense of humour so you are somewhat correct that I used the wrong terms here. On the other hand though, I don't think it was a smart idea for Kaz to put standards in GT7. I don't want to be an arse, and I hate to say this, but many of you that oppose this thread are simply overreacting. It's a simple joke. It may not be funny to you but please don't take it the wrong way and look at me like I'm the antagonist here.
By starting the thread and using the word, I'm afraid that you have made yourself into the antagonist. There are plenty of other ways to express your disasstisfaction concerning standard models in GT7 without peurile name calling.

I grew up where and when it was deemed okay to call anyone not white-English whatever anyone liked, and everyone being called those names had to just accept it. Clearly, they didn't - it took decades of raising the public level of conscienciousness and awareness to the point that we don't do that (well, mostly not) anymore. I see this as pretty much the same kind of thing.

By starting the thread and using the word, I'm afraid that you have made yourself into the antagonist. There are plenty of other ways to express your disasstisfaction concerning standard models in GT7 without peurile name calling.

You forgot that the photo wasn't actually constructive criticism on Kazunori's decision. It was simply a silly photo that shouldn't of been taken too seriously.

I grew up where and when it was deemed okay to call anyone not white-English whatever anyone liked, and everyone being called those names had to just accept it. Clearly, they didn't - it took decades of raising the public level of conscienciousness and awareness to the point that we don't do that (well, mostly not) anymore. I see this as pretty much the same kind of thing.

By this point, I realized this argument will go nowhere. With me, talking about not overreacting, and you telling me how it's wrongful to use an offensive term against ones with mental disabilities on Kazunori. So again I apologize for offending anybody on this thread and I don't have anything against people with mental disabilities.

They aren't memes. According to this definition:
An Internet meme (/ˈmiːm/ MEEM) is an activity, concept, catchphrase or piece of media which spreads, often as mimicry, from person to person via the Internet.

The second picture in this forum has this caption:

Well now it is the right thread to repost it

As such this very much fulfils the definition of Meme which you have posted here.

I suffer from Aspergers syndrome, and to be honest with you I wouldn't care at all if someone called somebody a weird aspie or anything stupid like that. And believe it or not, nobody here thinks Kazunori is retarded. In fact we all think he is very intelligent and an awesome human being. The joke is centred towards his controversial action of including standard cars in Gran Turismo 7, which to me is not a good idea (Please don't ask me why, we can discuss the standards in another thread).
As someone else who suffers from Aspergers Syndrome, I conur. personally, I'm not offended by the use of the word "retard" (mostly because I know what it really means) but there are some people you might not want to use the word around, mostly out of respect; but anyway, that's neither here nor there. On to the action

The second picture in this forum has this caption:

As such this very much fulfils the definition of Meme which you have posted here.
I guess this clears this up:
If we're a little confused over what memes are, look it up before posting. The typical form is a stock image with a stock phrase on it and your own text. For example:

Bad Luck Brian - Top text [does something good]; Bottom text [something bad happens]
XZibit - Top text [Yo dog, I heard you like [something]]; Bottom text [something is nested]
Bill Lumbergh/Office Space - Top text [If [something]]; Bottom text [That'd be great]

Here's some things that aren't memes:

A screengrab of GTPlanet's AUP with some words changed.
A screengrab of GTPlanet's news page with some words changed.
An image that you've just written some random text on about Gran Turismo or Kazunori Yamauchi.
Any random picture you just think of and decide to post.

Touche sir.

I still think IF this thread is likely to work it should be based around humour and not around hate.
Well I'm sorry if you were offended, I just wanted to make people laugh but unfortunately it just make me look like an arse.

As someone else who suffers from Aspergers Syndrome, I concur. personally, I'm not offended by the use of the word "retard" (mostly because I know what it really means) but there are some people you might not want to use the word around, mostly out of respect; but anyway, that's neither here nor there. On to the action
I agree with you too man.

I still think IF this thread is likely to work it should be based around humour and not around hate.

I thinks that's what the intent of the meme thread, which degenerated into thinly-veiled bitching about PD, Kaz, and other things. Then it got to what you see in the OP of this thread.

Kaz hates me now.
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back