Funny Pic Thread (Episode V: The PIXXORZ Strike Back)

• Thread starter sn00pie
  • 2,014 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

The orange slice should be:

No one has told me there are alternatives to IE

My mother-in-law was complaining about how slow their internets were running and asked me to take a look at it for her. They were running the default Internet Explorer application. One Firefox download latter and things were running as they should have 👍 :rolleyes:

Bah. WHY oh WHY do people insist on referring to specific software by the publisher's name? It's not Mozilla, it's Firefox. Mozilla publishes dozens of programs - which one are you referring to?

Other people do the same thing - they insist on calling it Adobe when they mean Acrobat. When people ask me to send them something "in Adobe" I send them an old PageMaker file or something else I know they won't be able to open. Then when they can't open it I tell them they didn't specify which Adobe application they wanted.

Idjits. It would be like saying "I have that in a Microsoft file." Great. Could you narrow that down a little?

Bah. WHY oh WHY do people insist on referring to software by the publisher's name? It's not Mozilla, it's Firefox. Mozilla publishes dozens of programs - which one are you referring to?

Other people do the same thing - they insist on calling it Adobe when they mean Acrobat. When people ask me to send them something "in Adobe" I send them an old PageMaker file or something else I know they won't be able to open. Then when they can't open it I tell them they didn't specify which Adobe application they wanted.

Idjits.

I get that all the time too. On a daily basis i use Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign and occasionally Adobe Flash. Yet folks, who also work in the design industry still ask if i can send them stuff "in Adobe". It's not even 'Acrobat' it's a PDF!!!!! :ouch:

Next time they ask they'll get a 200+Mb layered Photoshop document sent through their email.

Bah. WHY oh WHY do people insist on referring to specific software by the publisher's name? It's not Mozilla, it's Firefox. Mozilla publishes dozens of programs - which one are you referring to?

Idjits. It would be like saying "I have that in a Microsoft file." Great. Could you narrow that down a little?

Oh, I thought you wanted that report in dried clay.

voynich_manuscript.png
Not the funniest thing, but probably because I don't get it. The heck are they talking about?

Next time they ask they'll get a 200+Mb layered Photoshop document sent through their email.

I did that once with a 1.2 Gb file... of course, it never went through, but the fact that I shut down all the agency's servers worked wonders to illustrate the point.

Okay, I teach and one thing that grates myself and the other IT nerds there is when people use a phrase like "I'm going to make a powerpoint to show everyone..." They may not be calling it a "Microsoft" but a powerpoint is equally as stupid?!?

Anyway, here's a bit of funny, I found it in a powerpoint :rolleyes:

EYY9.png

yes I was but a red x came out so I put another pic thats funny(sort of)...

No, it's quite easy, the man in the foreground nearly forgot to get a wedding present and ordered so late that it had to be delivered to the wedding, which was on the side of a river. The street the UPS driver drove down to deliver the present was too narrow for him to turn around in but he tried anyway. He failed and the cops were called, and the Foreground man decided it was a good time for a photo-op.

Or I'm just bored and trying to find humor in an old repost.

From,
Chris.

Its miss-named though. It doesn't forecast. It only tells you what the weather is doing now...

ATT1395128.jpg

Edited by Mod - Unsuitable images for GTP. Go and read the AUP again, please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back