Funny Pic Thread (Episode V: The PIXXORZ Strike Back)

• Thread starter sn00pie
  • 2,014 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have an extremely large Lego collection. But there's no such thing as "Legos".

11924288371nd5.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Famine. It's not as if when you buy a box of lego there is only going to be one block in it...

"Legos" is a portmanteau of Lego Bricks.

1 piece of Lego.
2 or more pieces of Lego.

"Bricks" doesn't enter into the above, so nor should the hideously uncomfortable "Legos". By preserving the adjective, you preserve the trademark - lest it fall the way of "hoover", "band-aid" and "frisbee".

Funny thing is I never even heard anyone say "Legos" until I found the internet.

Except that "Strength" isn't spelled like that and there's no such sodding thing as "Legos".

Maybe I have been in japan too long and my english has completely left me but what is wrong with the spelling of the word 'strength' in that sentence?

Jay
Funny thing is I never even heard anyone say "Legos" until I found the internet.
That's because "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals."

The internet is full of people. Myself included.
Edit:
what is wrong with the spelling of the word 'strength' in that sentence?
They reversed the t and h.

1 piece of Lego.
2 or more pieces of Lego.

"Bricks" doesn't enter into the above, so nor should the hideously uncomfortable "Legos". By preserving the adjective, you preserve the trademark - lest it fall the way of "hoover", "band-aid" and "frisbee".

How about this justification: when people colloquially say "Legos", they are actually saying "Lego's" as in Lego's bricks.

Anyway, in America there will always be Legos.

How about this justification: when people colloquially say "Legos", they are actually saying "Lego's" as in Lego's bricks.

If anyone who'd actually say "Legos" out loud knew how to use a possessive apostrophe, I'd be half tempted to believe it.

Omnis - Wrong since 2005

I've been to Legoland Windsor, and the miniatures there are awesome. I love how all the signs and statues and stuff in the entrance/exit are all made of legos.

:dopey:

The mods are doing a good job at keeping this thread on-topic, aren't they?

I'm sure you can post an image from 4Chan which sums that up.

What's up with all this about me on 4chan? I've never been there, and i'm not going to pay a visit there anytime soon.

It's not bad, I go there when extremely bored. What they talk about are overused and not funny anymore memes that keep rising from the was funny 10 years ago grave.

2k posts and over the last few days all is arguments. I have hardly seen any funnys lately. The above picture is pretty good though. Maybe it should be time to make a fresh start on episode VI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back