Funny Pic Thread VII - No swearing. No sex. No complaining. (READ FIRST POST)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Max Powers
  • 50,236 comments
  • 5,818,786 views
FVEQ0npWQAInDMQ.jpg


FVGES2RVIAAuDl0.png
Yep, we're taught to cut wood using metric in woodworking classes in school, but the lumberyards only sell wood cut in imperial. :lol: Even imported European plywood sheets will be cut in imperial dimensions, with metric thicknesses.

Same thing with cooking class in high schools. Taught in metric, yet later in life many Canadians use imperial because it is the path of least resistance.

We also use square feet for measuring the area of houses we can't afford, even though square meters would be easier for younger Canadians to visualize.

I don't think Canada will be fully converted to metric for at least another 2-3 generations, after the Baby Boomers and their Generation X offspring are long gone. :lol:
 
Last edited:
It'd be close to impossible to do a British one, because you'd need a pre-GenX filter on pretty much all of it.

And even then, the pre-GenXers often use different units for the same exact thing - such as Farenheit for how warm it is today and Celsius for how cold it is today.
 
Dall-E is an AI Image Generator that makes images from whatever prompt you write. It can be 50/50 as to whether the results are good or not, but all images are best viewed at a quick glance, and it's honestly amazing how canny some of these can be. Here's a LARGE selection.
20220614_211813.jpg
20220614_162844.jpg
20220614_105841.jpg
20220614_092405.jpg
Screenshot_20220613-122331.png
20220613_121209.jpg
20220613_120924.jpg
20220613_120909.jpg
Screenshot_20220613-091515.png

20220613_120924.jpg
20220611_083201.jpg
20220609_213248.jpg
 
It'such as Farenheit for how warm it is today and Celsius for how cold it is today.
I was born in 1991 and left the island in 2012. I have never in my life heard someone talk about hot weather in fahrenheit. Not my grandparents, not any other old people, nobody.

I am aware of the cliche, I have just never witnessed it apparently being true.
 
Dall-E is an AI Image Generator that makes images from whatever prompt you write.
I thought it might be nice to see how the people who run this country might look if they were happy clowns:

boris.jpgpatel.jpgtruss.jpg

Sweet dreams.
 
I was born in 1991 and left the island in 2012. I have never in my life heard someone talk about hot weather in fahrenheit. Not my grandparents, not any other old people, nobody.

I am aware of the cliche, I have just never witnessed it apparently being true.
My dad absolutely did this (b.1939), and one of my grandparents dealt primarily in F (b.1914) but then she did a lot of baking and F was the default for cooking temperatures. Should have seen her with an oven marked off in C - everything burned.
 
I was born in 1991 and left the island in 2012. I have never in my life heard someone talk about hot weather in fahrenheit. Not my grandparents, not any other old people, nobody.

I am aware of the cliche, I have just never witnessed it apparently being true.

My dad absolutely did this (b.1939), and one of my grandparents dealt primarily in F (b.1914) but then she did a lot of baking and F was the default for cooking temperatures. Should have seen her with an oven marked off in C - everything burned.
My dad did this, as do I. I have no idea what freezing in F is, just the same as I have no idea what "warm" is in C. It's apparently 18C here today but, like Vienna, that means nothing to me so I have to "double it and add 30", to get mid 60C, which is nice.
 
Dall-E is an AI Image Generator that makes images from whatever prompt you write. It can be 50/50 as to whether the results are good or not, but all images are best viewed at a quick glance, and it's honestly amazing how canny some of these can be. Here's a LARGE selection.
dallerichardsimmonsmadmax.jpg
 
And then you have this completely different scale called 'gas mark', right?
Certainly right up to the late 80s or early 90s, covering the period in which we saw a huge rise in gas consumption due to oil prices and additional exploration of the North Sea gas fields (pretty much the 60s)... but I've not heard it for a very long time.

Basically "gas mark 1" is the lowest temperature at which you'd ordinarily attempt to cook something and "gas mark 10" is incineration. Gas Mark 5, in the middle, is essentially normal cooking temperature for roast beef.
 
My dad did this, as do I. I have no idea what freezing in F is, just the same as I have no idea what "warm" is in C. It's apparently 18C here today but, like Vienna, that means nothing to me so I have to "double it and add 30", to get mid 60C, which is nice.
100 percent this, born 1968
 
I bet they'll wake up with a Volt
 
I don't currently have access to any millenials.
 
You could be charged with assault and battery.
 
Back