Funny Pic Thread VII - No swearing. No sex. No complaining. (READ FIRST POST)

• Thread starter Max Powers
  • 49,256 comments
me before coffee.jpg

They make for rather bad stairs when they are being repaired. I'd rather not deal with the 4ft deep pit of death at the top and bottom.
Also, I find the spacing/size of the stairs rather awkward to walk up when the whole thing is stationary.

My daughter asked if we were on an escalator. We were going down. I told her it’s probably a de-escalator.

Can anyone confirm?

My daughter asked if we were on an escalator. We were going down. I told her it’s probably a de-escalator.

Can anyone confirm?

I used to call that a "downscalator" when I was a kid, because I thought people were saying upscalator for the other one.

Maybe if you don't want to be around people at a theater you shouldn't go to a theater.
Works for me as this is much more of a viable option for watching films in 2023 than it was in 2009 when the cartoon was drawn.

I still find it humorous though because the artist obviously wants to be around fellow moviegoers, only the less douchey ones. I'm sure that people have been griping about theatre etiquette since the ancient Greeks though, and that it's not going to go away any time soon, so I suspect this was a cathartic rant that struck a chord with lot of people.

Last edited:
Works for me as this is much more of a viable option in 2023 than twelve years ago when the cartoon was drawn.

I still find it funny though because the artist obviously wants to be around people, just the less ****** ones. I'm sure others have been griping about audience etiquette since the ancient Greeks and it's not going to go away any time soon so I suspect this was a cathartic rant for a lot of people.

I agree with most of the points. The best theater experience is one where you can't tell you're in public.

Back