Funny things RICErs say (radically immature car enthusiasts)

United States
California
xXDoWnHiLlDaNXx
A month or so ago i was at a meet with a few of my friends at the local car park when some dolt rolled up in a honda crx with the stereotypical wing and decals to match. After we asked him (being trolls and all) what type of motor he had he said he had a carbureted rotary b16 with forged pistons and a supercharged exhaust.... We were going along with his ridiculousness up until the point when he said he was gonna add spinners to become more aerodynamic and with that he was gone and we started laughing so violently that most of us had trouble keeping balance!

Post your favorite RICEr stories below and we'll see who's is the best!

Not as good as the OP but one day when driving my old Camry, which had a completly rusted flex pipe, I had a guy stop me at the gas station. He wanted to know what exhuast system I had. Luckly my dad was with me and aaid it was a RFP system (rusted flex pipe) and that you can only get them on ebay. They guy then asked how much power we were making and I told him we hadn't had it dyno'ed but it was the free-est flowing set up you can buy. The dude thanked us for the info and then drove of in an older Maxima

oopssorryy
Not as good as the OP but one day when driving my old Camry, which had a completly rusted flex pipe, I had a guy stop me at the gas station. He wanted to know what exhuast system I had. Luckly my dad was with me and aaid it was a RFP system (rusted flex pipe) and that you can only get them on ebay. They guy then asked how much power we were making and I told him we hadn't had it dyno'ed but it was the free-est flowing set up you can buy. The dude thanked us for the info and then drove of in an older Maxima

Haha thats great, on a similar note my freind and i were driving around in his moms carolla, because his car was in the shop and i didnt want to waste gas money, but anyways the exhaust from the cat back has dents all over and the cat itself was a little loose and we were asked by yet another honda owner at a red light what exhaust we had and we told him we had TRD headers and a SC (**** can) exhaust and he believed every last word haha

P.s. i run into these guys alot because i live in southern california where there are boatloads of wannabes :sly:

My friend once tried to convince me that his friend had a 350Z with a factory engine that said "V-8" on the cam covers. Another guy tried to tell me that powersliding was not drifting.

I met a guy once who was adamant that his father's Lexus SC430 was one of the only models to be offered with a V8. All SC430's are V8's...

One guy who I used to work with (who continually wanted to race me back when I had my Skyline) claimed that the V6 in his beat up VS Commodore had a twin-turbo setup. I always chuckle when I pass his house because the piece of crap hasn't moved off his driveway in two months.

Another bloke that owns a V35 350GT with widebody arches and 20" wheels claimed that it was "one of only 5 V35 GT-Rs." Needless to say I openly laughed at him before asking how much the badges cost him to whack on the bootlid. Death stare followed.

Theres a guy running aroudn with a "beefed up" STI in my area who thinks hes all that because it's bright blue and has 20 inch chrome rims on low profiles. I asked him what was under the hood and he told me it had a tricked out "motor" with an 800 horsepower supercharger. I laughed and said oh yeah? This was when I was younger, I was actually leaving a football practice session and he had to have been picking up his son. My dad was parked right next to him in our pickup truck. This guy says it was cool but too redneck, asked us what was under the hood, so we popped it and told him it was a 351 Ford V8. He says yeah that thing looks like it's got power (sarcasm). We pulled out to the street and the guy tried to pass us and then my dad stomped on it and left him in the dust. I wish I would have seen the look on that guys face...

Slashfan
Theres a guy running aroudn with a "beefed up" STI in my area who thinks hes all that because it's bright blue and has 20 inch chrome rims on low profiles. I asked him what was under the hood and he told me it had a tricked out "motor" with an 800 horsepower supercharger. I laughed and said oh yeah? This was when I was younger, I was actually leaving a football practice session and he had to have been picking up his son. My dad was parked right next to him in our pickup truck. This guy says it was cool but too redneck, asked us what was under the hood, so we popped it and told him it was a 351 Ford V8. He says yeah that thing looks like it's got power (sarcasm). We pulled out to the street and the guy tried to pass us and then my dad stomped on it and left him in the dust. I wish I would have seen the look on that guys face...

Haha a similar thing happened after my football practice, i love it when ego-maniacs think they have a fast car

sumbrownkid
Ricers ruin it for import enthusiasts.

I cant agree with you more! And sadly when i tell my freinds who like muscle cars that people rice dodge neons, mustangs, and even some 90's GTOs they say im just trying to compensate for my "rice burner" which just so happened to beat their usdm in a 1/4 mile bahaha XD

Beeblebrox237
My friend once tried to convince me that his friend had a 350Z with a factory engine that said "V-8" on the cam covers. Another guy tried to tell me that powersliding was not drifting.

Haha who ever thought of looking in the engine bay just to change a sticker/plaque must've been a pretty desperate ricer

Zenith013
I met a guy once who was adamant that his father's Lexus SC430 was one of the only models to be offered with a V8. All SC430's are V8's...

Oooohhhhh daddy's little boy must've been pretty embarased haha

Murcie_LP640
One guy who I used to work with (who continually wanted to race me back when I had my Skyline) claimed that the V6 in his beat up VS Commodore had a twin-turbo setup. I always chuckle when I pass his house because the piece of crap hasn't moved off his driveway in two months.

Another bloke that owns a V35 350GT with widebody arches and 20" wheels claimed that it was "one of only 5 V35 GT-Rs." Needless to say I openly laughed at him before asking how much the badges cost him to whack on the bootlid. Death stare followed.

Bwahaha i see those gt-r stickers on almost every riced car i see and it just cracks me up

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, MR2 Lover, do you see the 'edit' button? The moderators prefer that you use it instead of double, or in your case, quintuple posting. I see you're new here, so no biggie. :)

I was at a local event once walking through the Euro Tuner section, and I heard one guy say this to someone:

"I was trying to get the RPMs up really high, but then I found out that I had a Rev Limiter. That sucked badly."

I used to be really into European Stuff, and I was at a different meet walking through the Euro section, and one guy with an Audi S4 (A really poor condition one) was downtalking Volkswagen, saying they are horrifyingly unreliable. And he had an S4, which is an Audi, which is a VAG. I laughed.

And then you arrived at a corner...

:P

And then you arrived at a corner...

:P

I actually did too XD. But at that point he turned and drove off down another street lol. Funny because even though at the crank is pushes 535/540 horse it's only laying down about 430 to the ground after going through my C6 HD tranny and all 4 tires lol

When I bought my civic si FA5, my friend was telling me about all his test drive experience. He just went on talking on his own, went something like this:

"Yeah, I tested the civic and the corolla, and the second I put my foot on the gas for the corolla, it leaped forward! Too scary, I liked the civic much better. Although, I think the best car for me is the Tesla"

I didn't quite understand where he was going with that. Just said, oh ok, and then smiled and left.

One of my brother's friends says the best car in the world is the Bugatti Veyron. "Because it's the fastest car in the world." Dumbass...

One of my brother's friends says the best car in the world is the Bugatti Veyron. "Because it's the fastest car in the world." Dumbass...

I was like that when I was about 10. I didn't like the F40 because it wasn't as as fast as a Diablo. Yeah, I was an idiot.

Yeah I know people like that. People don't believe me when I tell them there are faster cars than the Bugatti.

There was a kid in my school that said his cousin had a TL Type S(3rd gen.) and it had a lot of performance upgrades and it was so fast it could beat a any G35, M3 , S4 and other performance car. He also told me that the car had the same engine that was in the NSX.
After a few weeks he his cousin was at his house with the car and I saw it it was a a regular TL with Type S wheels and lights. And the only "performance" upgrades the car had were a cold air intake and a cat-back exhaust.

RocZX
There was a kid in my school that said his cousin had a TL Type S(3rd gen.) and it had a lot of performance upgrades and it was so fast it could beat a any G35, M3 , S4 and other performance car. He also told me that the car had the same engine that was in the NSX.
After a few weeks he his cousin was at his house with the car and I saw it it was a a regular TL with Type S wheels and lights. And the only "performance" upgrades the car had were a cold air intake and a cat-back exhaust.

Well i guess thats not really RICE but it's still pretty pathetic how much people will talk up a car simply because they like it..... Unfortunately im sure we all know quite a few people like this

Today, while on my way to work, i saw an F150 with the most rice-tastic body kit i've ever seen on a truck, it also had the chrome flame grill cover, a dodge srt sticker on the tailgate, and 18-wheeler running lights all over the place. And to top it all off he had a lawn mower in the bed haha lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Chrome flame grill cover is common, I seen them all over the place around here.

@RocZX

Funny cause th NSX only has like 200hp.

Well i guess thats not really RICE but it's still pretty pathetic how much people will talk up a car simply because they like it..... Unfortunately im sure we all know quite a few people like this

Today, while on my way to work, i saw an F150 with the most rice-tastic body kit i've ever seen on a truck, it also had the chrome flame grill cover, a dodge srt sticker on the tailgate, and 18-wheeler running lights all over the place. And to top it all off he had a lawn mower in the bed haha lol

*cough* Edit Button *cough*

And a few years ago some kid claimed his dad had an R8 Spyder. My friend (who's Dad actually has an R8 Spyder) and I asked for some photos. He proceeded to show us an obviously downloaded image of an R8 coupe with german numberplates. I pointed out that it's not a Spyder and the numberplates are foreign, and he replied with 'Well, they didn't have many at the factory so they had to give my dad a coupe instead, and they are German plates because he went to pick it up from the factory in Germany'. After that he added, like he thought we were stupid 'And Audi is German, which is why the factory is there.' :lol:

Some old guy at a car show claimed he could easily beat a new Camaro in the 1/4 mile, road course and everything else, in a Dodge Caliber SRT-4... the Camaro had around 500 BHP at the time, and the Caliber had a fraction of that.. Yup okay.

Some old guy at a car show claimed he could easily beat a new Camaro in the 1/4 mile, road course and everything else, in a Dodge Caliber SRT-4... the Camaro had around 500 BHP at the time, and the Caliber had a fraction of that.. Yup okay.

:lol:

Just cause it has SRT-4 in the name XD

My mate once put a Air Filter of some sort on a 1.2 litre Vauxhall Corsa and said the "massive" increase in power allowed him to hand brake into corners.

Sure enough, he revved it, I laughed and then he just about managed to lock the rear wheels enough to just kick the back end out and no more.

Queue some swear words and his own praises of amazing driving. The guys a tube, thought a pair of tights as an air filter was an amazing idea as well.

Back