Fury -A racer's story.

Hurray for Grand Theft Auto! :lol: Someone has a nice Camaro for free now it seems. :P

Your cliffhanger makes me want more. >_<

OMG I saw a green Camaro for sale at some used car dealer yesterday...
looks like they are already selling it for 13K!
I've been looking for one too, but I'm not gonna buy that one! lol

Can't wait to see the next chapter...

just who exactly is this "Mr. Mystery"? Will John and Roj race and compete at Laguna Seca, John using his friend Bill's Mustang?? Will Roj bring good news or bad news? And what about that missing Camaro?

can't wait for the next chapter.., :D

just who exactly is this "Mr. Mystery"? Will John and Roj race and compete at Laguna Seca, John using his friend Bill's Mustang?? Will Roj bring good news or bad news? And what about that missing Camaro?

can't wait for the next chapter.., :D

I thought his identity was revealed when Roj called him Doug Smith.

Whatever. Saying nothing else.

Chapter 6: Welcome To The Loony Bin, John Rothwell.

&#8220;Mr. Smith?&#8221;

&#8220;Come in, John. Have a seat.&#8221;

&#8220;What was it you needed to think about?&#8221;

&#8220;Not much. Just a matter of money.&#8221;

&#8220;Such as?&#8221;

&#8220;When you won those two races in Amalfi, someone shipped me a Subaru Impreza Rally Car. The prototype from 2001, no less.&#8221;

&#8220;Concerns me how, though?&#8221;

&#8220;Car was supposed to go to you.&#8221;

&#8220;Ah.&#8221;

&#8220;Here's the thing; I can give you the car, or I can give you 160 thousand dollars.&#8221;

&#8220;Er, okay... Why did you need to think about this rather than telling me and letting me think?&#8221;

&#8220;I had to decide whether or not to give you the cash or money. Anyhow, which would you prefer?&#8221;

&#8220;The money... I don't have much use for a Japanese race vehicle right now.&#8221;

&#8220;It's as good as in your account. Go look for a car. Now, preferably.&#8221;

Once again, as usual, I was shoved out of the room by Doug's bodyguards and left to think about what I would do for my next car.

Let's see... I could pick up another Camaro, but I'd go with a post-facelift SS... Z06 Corvette, but... it's expensive to initially buy... Then again, what ain't? Crossfire's small and theoretically maneuverable, but 35k is a bit much for something like it. Meh, I'll go around to the dealers around here and test drive anything that resembles a respectable candidate.

The closest was the local Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge dealer, so there I went first. Yeah, there were Vipers there, but they were all 80k+. So, of course, the Crossfire got my first drive.

I asked the salesman (who had insisted in coming along for the test drive, just to point out all the gadgetry I couldn't care less about) if I could take it back to Laguna with me and run a few laps. To my surprise, he agreed. The V6 was coarse, harsh, and didn't do too well at scooting the 3000-lb Crossfire around. Sure, it went, but my Camaro would've outrun it after just the chip. Handling was quite nice however, even with the fairly crap stock tires. Neutral-to-oversteery most of the time, only understeering at the absolute limit. All in all however, there wasn't much going for it thanks to the boat anchor in the nose.

There was, however, a Buick Grand National on the lot... For sale. I asked my friendly salesman about it, and how much they wanted... 31k. Say WHAT? Of course, I asked why. Turns out it was an all original GNX with all of 30 miles on the clock. I didn't bother asking for a test drive after that. Instead, I fired up Bill's Muskrat and drove over to the Pontiac dealer.

I don't know why. They didn't have a GTO on the lot that wasn't used up already. A little thinking revealed that the GTO would be a bad move anyhow, just because of the extra lard it carried. On to the Chevrolet dealer.

First up was the 2000 Camaro SS they had on the lot, and apparently it had been on the lot since 2000. Black, stick shift, SS. Didn't sell. In California. Eh? Anyhow, I sneaked away to Laguna in it and did a lap. Shades of my Z on the same tires... Horrid. Quick enough in a straight line, but no cornering capability whatsoever. Went back to the dealer and spotted a white C5 Corvette Z06. Another no sell from 2000, and on tires surprisingly low-spec considering the car. About the same theoretic performance as the tires everything else, just bigger.

Got it to Laguna as well. Imagine my surprise when it cornered about the same as the Crossfire, but with more understeer! It's not bad, but not good. Quick, but I dunno... Just not my style of car. Went back to the dealer, dropped the 'Vette off, and drove away.

Went back to the hotel, gave Bill his keys back, and started websurfing on my laptop. Nobody around here has a supercharger for a Crossfire, and NA power is apparently hard to come by with the Benz 3.2. Well, it can make power, but it will cost. 'Vette seems to be the best deal, especially considering that there's a one-make that offers 10 grand a race, non-championship. The dealer wants 53k for the 'Vette as it sits, then the suspension I REALLY want is another 17k, and I gotta bring it up to 390hp to compete with The Bread Van. Then again, Stars And Stripes is another 50k to pocket...

Just as I closed the laptop, I heard MY Camaro. I KNOW it was mine, and I KNOW it was getting beaten to death slowly. There was something off about the sound of it... Same pipes, same cam, but it didn't sound right... Like it didn't want to run.

Stole my Camaro, primer gray...
Took my suitcase, all my pay...
Ain't got no taillights, grill full of fur...
How could you do this to me man, so close to being cured?

Heh, I tred something like this a while back called Black Flag (athough it wasn't Photomode, just a serialised thing), but it never took hold. Glad to see it's working for you, though.

Covette not handle good?:odd: Interesting new chapter. Bringing the idea of car shopping to the story and what buyers might think about when looking for a performance car was quite different...............I like it.:)

just who could have stolen John's Camaro? And why is it getting battered and beaten to death?? Why can't John decide for a new car??

can't wait, next please.., :)

John is looking for new cars but does not ask Roj for his opinions? PAH! :grumpy:

Nice little twist to the story, car shopping is always fun. :D

Can't wait for the next chapter. ;)

you know, pushrod engines never will sound like they're running right..never have, never will ;) ( j/k) nice little fanfic :lol:

definitely more, i like this too....

Will they ever find who stole john's camaro?

Why is it being beaten to death?

Why cant John decide which american rust-bucket he wants to drive next?

Will RJ ever update this story?

STAY TUNED!!!

definitely more, i like this too....

Will they ever find who stole john's camaro?

Why is it being beaten to death?

Why cant John decide which american rust-bucket he wants to drive next?

Will RJ ever update this story?

STAY TUNED!!!

Wll he need to resort to Rice Boxes from Japan?

See, I can take cheap shots too.:P American cars are cool.

Chapter 7: Back in the fray

I thought about it...

I don't need Doug's money. Sure, it's a hundred and sixty grand, and that's a lot of money.

I took my remaining cash from the Camaro, along with a bit of what the shop had earned, and bought a 1993 Silvia. Not a 240SX, a Silvia. Japanese spec 1993 Silvia Q's Aero to be exact. It's California, and there's guys with MAD TYTE JDM stuff. Somehow, I got into this thing for dirt cheap, just 2k. Of course, it didn't run due to some electrical problems, but it was just the computer. Ah well, a grand bought me a programmable EFI system. Quick top of all the fluids and I was ready. First stop was Laguna Seca to break the news.

I met Doug inside...

&#8220;Take your money back, I don't want it.&#8221;

&#8220;John my boy, it's your money.&#8221;

&#8220;No it ain't, and you know that damn straight. You're trying to get me to race for you, I realize that, but why? Screw it. I don't need charity. I found a new car, it runs, it drives.

Take your money back.&#8221;

&#8220;John, you don't know what you're giving up...&#8221;

&#8220;Yes I do, damnit! Money. That's it. That's ALL of it. I know that if I keep racing for you, you'll keep pouring the money in as I win races, and then you can put your bloody company name on my car and make money. I don't want it, I don't need it, take your money to hell, Mr. Smith.&#8221;

This time the bodyguards didn't shove me out. I blasted the door open and walked out to my Silvia.

Hopped in, and drove home. Called Bill just as I drove past the motel and told him that I was headed home.

&#8221;Hey, Bill, I'm headed back to NY. I gave this guy his cash back, and I bought a car with what I had from my winnings from the Camaro. See you there.&#8221;

&#8220;Wait, what? You just passed on a hundred and sixty grand?&#8221;

&#8220;Yep.&#8221;

&#8220;What are you on? Please tell me you're messing about.&#8221;

&#8220;Not at all.&#8221;

I hung up.

It was time to go home with my new purchase.

There will be racing, oh, yes, there will be racing. In fact, there's a three-race series that if I'm lucky, I can get into. It's only open to Silvias, and it's invite-only.

IMG0137.jpg

IMG0138.jpg

yes! Thats the exact same silvia that i use for drifting, right down to the colour. Its a fantastic car ;)

Loving this chapter, knew you would turn the cash down.

My god! Stolen Camaro? Battered and beaten to death?: That's awful! :(

I sure hope one of the suspects who did this doesn't have a striking resemblance to James Lafferty from the CW show One Tree Hill... :nervous: :scared:

Keep up the good work (despite the Camaro's untimely demise)! I'm liking the story so far. :)

Your mad, giving up 160k.

But hey, your Silvia looks good enough. Install a racing exhaust on that baby okay? :P

If GT4 were like America you'd be in another pony car for 2 grand easy!

And, you're mad for giving up the money.

And for some reason I love the purple on there.

And DON'T go mad tyte JDM on us, for the love of god!

That was a lot of and's.

Back