Future GTPlanet orJalopnik collaboration for GT5 like Forza??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gids
  • 65 comments
  • 5,619 views
Because PD had so many other licensed cars, I dont think they had enough of money to pay EXTRA for Porsche. EA has the license and Forza under Microsoft has bought them from EA I bet it was heck load of money. So PD has to wait until MARCH. RUF is a modified Porsche car.
Wrong and....
Are they really? what are they modified Porsche's
Wrong.

If you're interested in knowing why, google it, wait for another member (perhaps Dave if he feels like it) to explain why, or you can try to search for my older posts on this b/c I have no desire to explain it for the 50th time.
 
Lord I hope this thread doesnt turn into another Porsche/Ruf whine....get over it we'll get Porsche when we get it and if we dont we dont.

The importance of the Forza/Jalopnik piece is the collaboration and the ability to let those who are most interested have some say in what is included in the future.

Will PD ever do it.....who knows. Would it be nice....sure I'd like to have my 2 cents added in to have some different cars that are not currently availabled in the 950+.

I dont care who the collaboration would be with....Road & Track, Autoblog, Jalopnick, GTPlanet, etc....doesnt matter....if you are a car guy/girl you read (or should) read them all.
 
And every other company is different how? Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, they are all the same.
Incorrect. Microsoft:

1. Monopoly

2. Hostile and/or illegal business practices

3. Monopoly...

Anyway, it would be good for Polyphony to collaborate to one extent or another with the automotive world. But then, they're already doing this with Nissan and GT Academy, FIA GT4 Class motorsports and so on. If Jalopnik is a serious bunch which could work with SONY spokespeople to do more public friendly stuff, that would be awesome. Maybe the whining would drop a few decibels. ;)

DLC... eh, we'll see. Like many here, I'm not a big fan, and I insist that DLC tracks incorporate properly into the SINGLE player game, not just online.
 
I gotta tell you, we'd love to work with you guys and GT5 on anything!

Ray Wert
Editor, Jalopnik.com
Suprised no one's commented on this. I'm sure GTP would be glad to have some connection with Jalopnik. The only problem is that PD has very little connection with us. If you could find a way to get involved with them, well, we'd love to know it.
 
Hopefully this time GT5 will have a 67 or 68 Fastback Mustang. It will have a ton of cars but it wont have all the cars everyone wants. There is always room for more dlc cars. I like this new idea of allowing the community to pick the cars they want. I just dont see GT ever doing anything like that. Doesnt seem like the GT series listens much to the community at all.

very true, and this is Forzas greatest asset. their game is not going to measure up to GT but good community relations can win alot of custamers. I'm tempted.

b
 
DLC.... Who knows.

With Forza being GT's direct rival (and I don't want to start another war with that one)
I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to do something like this in the future. Not sure if they'd do it in a partnership, rather than just select a few newly released machines.

Just don't make me pay. (Unless it's Porsche)👍
 
Suprised no one's commented on this. I'm sure GTP would be glad to have some connection with Jalopnik. The only problem is that PD has very little connection with us. If you could find a way to get involved with them, well, we'd love to know it.

Ditto! :)
p.s. Regular Jalopnik lurker here, great blog/site, awesome commentariate! :D
 
-> It would be highly unlikely for PD to colaborate with anyone on the online media circuit. PD would collaborate with Road & Track magazine more than anyone like Autoblog or Jalopnik. Since one of PD's advisors is Sam Mitani of Road & Track magazine. :indiff:

R&T was the first thing that came to mind when I thought "who would be worthwhile for PD to do this with?" But I'm not sure the average R&T reader is that into GT. I think the average GTP member is though :sly:

Wrong and....

Wrong.

If you're interested in knowing why, google it, wait for another member (perhaps Dave if he feels like it) to explain why, or you can try to search for my older posts on this b/c I have no desire to explain it for the 50th time.

Generally I think calling RUF a "modified Porsche" is pretty acceptable, if not for the very reason your reply was only one paragraph and not 3... I'll take "modified Porsche" over typing a paragraph lol
 
very true, and this is Forzas greatest asset. their game is not going to measure up to GT but good community relations can win alot of custamers. I'm tempted.

b

Actually, Forza measures up to GT and exceeds what it's currently done (and what will probably end up doing come the 5th release). It just has a few (possibly less than a handful with FM3) annoyances that need to be fixed and/or axed completely. It has all the potential in the world, but for some reason they're....limiting it and they probably don't even realize it. of course you didn't hear that from me...denial runs wild in these parts with certain people.
 
I gotta tell you, we'd love to work with you guys and GT5 on anything!

Ray Wert
Editor, Jalopnik.com

Ya I am not sure how I missed that but it is great news none the less. I check out that site multiple times a day. One of the best auto sites out there....funny, realistic, and down to earth.....no one on that staff seems or is afraid to say what they think about the industry and that is great.

Not sure how to get PD on board but it would be great to have the collaboration with Ray and Jalopnik team.
 
Anyone here actually visit Jalopnik on a regular basis?
 
Im very happy with what is happening, the jalopnik car list is great complement of the Forza 3 carlist (which is really solid already). I would that most developer do things like this.
I hope that GT5 copy this idea, maybe not in the cars but tracks DLC, because 20 enviroments with just 70 layouts its quite little for a game as big as GT5 seems to be.
More tracks (and us chosing them) will be great.
 
Anyone here actually visit Jalopnik on a regular basis?

Yup, daily. I typically have a lot of downtime at work.
 
I think Kaz said no to dlc as the game will be complete out of the box. That's his vision.
 
I think Kaz said no to dlc as the game will be complete out of the box. That's his vision.

Kaz's vision will never be released since Sony would like GT5 to come out sooner than later.
 
It would real cool if PD have a sub forum or something like that. We could offer suggestions for online races, or anything really. But Sony already has an official forum for the Gran Turismo series in which a PD staff memeber visits.
 
I hate DLC, unless it's something really, really good, and the few cars I'd pay extra for would never make it.
So it's kinda useless to me.
 
Because PD had so many other licensed cars, I dont think they had enough of money to pay EXTRA for Porsche. EA has the license and Forza under Microsoft has bought them from EA I bet it was heck load of money. So PD has to wait until MARCH.

I think that if the issue was simply resume to this, we would already have Porsche's cars in the series since GT1. Porsche would be one of the top five picks since the beginning for the producers and if money was the matter, they would easily drop-off 2/3 generic brands (or independent small manufacturer's) just to get the money for Porsche.

Yesterday I've tried again FM3, and although the cars behave like they are glued to the road (way too grippy), and the Le Mans layout is different than the one from GT4, it is a kick to drive the Rothmans-Porsche 956C full throttle down through the Hunadiéres.
 
I think that if the issue was simply resume to this, we would already have Porsche's cars in the series since GT1. Porsche would be one of the top five picks since the beginning for the producers and if money was the matter, they would easily drop-off 2/3 generic brands (or independent small manufacturer's) just to get the money for Porsche.

Yesterday I've tried again FM3, and although the cars behave like they are glued to the road (way too grippy), and the Le Mans layout is different than the one from GT4, it is a kick to drive the Rothmans-Porsche 956C full throttle down through the Hunadiéres.
I think they were too focused on smaller brands, so I highly doubt they would have.
As much as I hate the Japanese bias in GT car selection, I have to give them credit for one thing: They proved racing games don't need any of the "big" names to not only succeed, but to Dominate the market.
 
As much as I hate the Japanese bias in GT car selection, I have to give them credit for one thing: They proved racing games don't need any of the "big" names to not only succeed, but to Dominate the market.

I think that's pretty bit obvious regarding racing games fans. You'll want primarily the correct feel and realism of the driving. After then the graphics and tons of cars.

Look at supercar challenge. The graphics are atrocious compared to GT5, the track selection is limited, the cars also (75% are ferraris) but it has achieved a quite loyal legion of fans. Why?

The driving factor. The realism.

Even with crappy AI (yes even worse than GT's) the online fan base is growing.

That driving realism and the force feedback in GT5 is all I'm asking.
 
What is total number of dollars that you can sink into forza 3?
 
What is total number of dollars that you can sink into forza 3?

If your going to buy a big gaming rig thousands I suppose.
 
I think the bottom line is, if there are cars that don't make the cut for whatever reason when the game launches, and they are made available via paid DLC, as long as the price is reasonable, I'm all for it.

I'm sure if a Porsche Pack arrived next year for GT5, we'll all hand over the money!

With regards to Forza, It only had 2 years of development, 400 interiors to model, a few new cars etc, going by GT5 development information, that doesn't seem unreasonable content creation.
So the fact they are offering DLC to expand it isn't that bad IMO, it costs money to model 10 cars and release them, I don't expect them to do it for free forever, they don't have the userbase GT does, and understand they need to make a profit, or they won't be developing anything.

The question is, do I want a game in just 2 years, and have to pay incrementally over the next 2 years for 'lacking' extra content, or do I wait 4 years and pay once for that content?


I did not mean gaming rig or coffee table just forza 3 the game.
In the UK, so far using my own 'street prices' I paid
A.The Game itself (LCE is the most expensive) - £29.99 for the STD / £39.99 for the LCE
B. Holiday Car Pack (Dec 09) - 400MSP - £3.23
C. Autoweek Car Pack (Jan 10) - 400MSP - £3.23

And if you are sad enough, you can buy FM3 apparel for your avatar!
 
Last edited:
-> ...
Anyone here actually visit Jalopnik on a regular basis?
^ Yup, three times a day. :sly:

-> It's for the purpose of my Vehicle Wish List. :)

R&T was the first thing that came to mind when I thought "who would be worthwhile for PD to do this with?" But I'm not sure the average R&T reader is that into GT. I think the average GTP member is though :sly:
^ I agree, most R&T people are mostly 'outside' the GT's main fanbase (most R&T readers are rich {just look on what R&T is covering? Concourses and high-end cars!} and goes to real-life track days instead of playing some sim games) and to collaborate with R&T would be a mistake. Unless if PD is trying to reach that market base, which I highly doubt it. :indiff:
 
T10 involve the community, with something as emotional as cars, that's essential.

Their car selection also appears more diverse and catered to western tastes, with plenty of Le Mans, LMS and ALMS cars, plus the likes of the Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth.
 
Last edited:
The reason I dislike DLC is because of that exact reason. It's obvious they already have the license for them, but just chose to hold them for DLC later on. If it's done right it's ok, unfortunately it rarely is.

Not only licensed, but also modeled, or at least most of the data ready.
 
Some DLC I like Some DLC I dislike.

When I herd that Street fighter 4 had DLC unlock for the stuff that came already on the disc, and then you have to pay to unlock it.. that really blows..

FM3, a DLC car pack, that really rocks.


So I love DLC to a point.
 
Problem is that PD or t10 can not price the disc anyway they want. With DLC you can do anything and temptation is allways to rip dlc buyers to cover initial game budget.
 
Back