Future of F1?

• Thread starter FlyingFox
  • 43 comments
As long as it sounds better than what we have now, I could care less what it looks like. Looks nice though. I do think the streamlined helmet would get a little annoying for the driver

If it's a choice between sound and performance, I'll take performance any day.

Could there be something like this in the coming years?

upload_2015-3-11_12-42-24.png

upload_2015-3-11_12-42-42.png

upload_2015-3-11_12-42-49.png

Where as the ferrari has been designed within the current technical parameters...

No it isn't, if it was it would look like a current F1 car... that's how a Formula works.

The nose looks a little harder to change, than the present ones.

Yup, the concept is beautiful and a work of art in every sense (in my opinion) but doesn't look Maldozer-proof.

I do think the streamlined helmet would get a little annoying for the driver

I think it will actually create a weather-vane effect that will add stress to the driver's necks and increase the effort required to turn their heads. For that reason I think the design might actually be less safe as drivers will be less inclined to turn their heads, particularly towards the end of races.

Overall the car is beautiful and the idea behind it (make F1 more video-game like to capture a younger audience) is a good one - but that's as far as the actual use of this concept goes.

No it isn't, if it was it would look like a current F1 car... that's how a Formula works.

You state that like a fact, I didnt pull it out of my ass you know. Although it is a question a i asked myself

It's the work of Ferrari's design studio, and though the team mentions it's been designed within the current technical parameters, the Scuderia has of course made a lot of noise recently about a complete revolution of the design of F1 cars. Including a proposed power output to 1000bhp. Or even more.
http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/ferrari-formula-one-concept-car-2015-02-17

You can also find that info on Ferrari's site

You state that like a fact, I didnt pull it out of my ass you know. Although it is a question a i asked myself

I'd hate to cast aspersion on your ass but if indeed it was based on the current Formula (eg the technical parameters) then either it would look like a current Formula "1" car or current Formula "1" cars would look like that.

Do you have a link to that quote from Ferrari? I couldn't find any such claim there.

I'd hate to cast aspersion on your ass but if indeed it was based on the current Formula (eg the technical parameters) then either it would look like a current Formula "1" car or current Formula "1" cars would look like that.

Do you have a link to that quote from Ferrari? I couldn't find any such claim there.
I dont have a link without looking for one, But every report on other sites say the same thing, I also double checked ferrari's site when it was announed because like i said i had the same query myslef, And tbh i cant remember if it said it on their own site now

Edit: When i went on the ferrari site on the day it was revealed it was on the home page, Then when i checked back it was different and not as much detail nor a request to give your feedback was showing any longer, Now its completely gone, The link is there but it leads to an error.

However on the link it says this

"Would it be possible to come up with an F1 car which not only is technologically advanced, but also captivating to the eye and aggressive-looking? And could this be made without having to overturn the current technical rules? At Ferrari, we believe so."

Of course that is just a snippet from the link, The article (or whatever you want to call it) had more info

Here is a link to the page that has the link to the post
http://www.ferrari.com/en_gb/news?page=9

Its odd that the page no longer exists

Last edited:
I dont have a link without looking for one, But every report on other sites say the same thing, I also double checked ferrari's site when it was announed because like i said i had the same query myslef, And tbh i cant remember if it said it on their own site now

Sorry, it wasn't third-party sites I was interested in, I was asking if you had a link to back up the claim that Ferrari say this car was imagined within the current technical parameters.

sure i understood that, I have edited my post

No such claim on that link although there is a 404 Page Not Found at the link within the "concept" article. Maybe Ferrari retracted before you?

If you read the technical regs for yourself you'll see that the bodywork alone would not fit within the formula's boxes.

No such claim on that link although there is a 404 Page Not Found at the link within the "concept" article. Maybe Ferrari retracted before you?

If you read the technical regs for yourself you'll see that the bodywork alone would not fit within the formula's boxes.
Im sorry did you not read this bit?

Would it be possible to come up with an F1 car which not only is technologically advanced, but also captivating to the eye and aggressive-looking? And could this be made without having to overturn the current technical rules? At Ferrari, we believe so.
Now that is a snippet, The link lead to the full story and the question in thats snippet is quite suggestive isnt it. I must say you are behaving rather odd on this matter, What the hell on you on about "maybe ferrari retracted before me"? You also say that the link goes to a 404 like as if i never even pointed that out, As i said the link more info.

You keep going on about "if i would see the regs etc" like i havent already said that so let me make this clear, I DID NOT WRITE THIS STORY, So do not take the stance that i am making this up which you seam to be doing, There are plenty of sites that report it, If thats not good enough for you to believe then that is yor problem not mine, Unless you think all the other sites are lieing too and we are all in on it to wind you up?.

In all honesty i think im wasting my time bothering replying to you on this as you seam to want to be banal on this

Overturning the current rules means exactly that. Fitting within the current formula means something different.

Overall this concept pushes the the thinking in F1 in the right direction (in my opinion) but it's fallacy to suggest that the presented concept is legal as the current Formula stands. You might think that it's a banal observation but it was your claim that it did, not mine :D

And now for something completely different - a story on F1 and human rights!
http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/12695642/human-rights-formula-one

This comes up every year at Bahrain in one form or another, Todt's been quite active in the area - much more so than the son-of-blackshirt who preceded him.

There are some interesting caveats in the text of the FIA announcement;

FIA
of our activities;
(b) identify and assess, by conducting due diligence where appropriate, any actual or potential adverse human rights impacts with which we may be involved either through our own activities or as a result of our business relationships, including but not limited to our suppliers and promoters;
(c) consider practical responses to any issues raised as a result of our due diligence, within the relevant context;

Todt clearly allows himself more wiggle-room than Mosely notoriously did.

Back