Future of Gran Turismo OST by Daiki Kasho

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 56 comments
United Kingdom
London, UK
Shirrako
Hello everyone!

Daiki Kasho is interested in music that may inspire him to compose future GT music.

Post your favourite House, Rock etc, music videos in this thread and the best music with the most likes will be forwarded to Daiki Kasho in August - September.

I cannot reveal the details of how the music will be forwarded to Daiki or any contact details.

House music is appreciated! Daiki is going for something completely different and you have a chance to inspire him with your favourite music!

The first attempt to take a step away from typical rock music by Daiki Kasho.

Last edited:
This is gonna be interesting...
I'll be uploading some things in these days... btw, Shirrako, do you have any exclusive piece of news about the upcoming updates? Anyway, sorry for asking about a different thing.

Hm, I wonder if he's doing this because of Fade (Jon Underdown's band) breaking up last month?

Anyway, I'll have to agree with a poster here. His techno-rock remix of Lenny Kravitz's "Are You Gonna Go My Way" from GT3 and his dubstep mix of "Flow" are the type of music he should be pursuing if he wants to move on from typical rock. I'd like to hear more of that stuff, really.

Hm, I wonder if he's doing this because of Fade (Jon Underdown's band) breaking up last month?

Anyway, I'll have to agree with a poster here. His techno-rock remix of Lenny Kravitz's "Are You Gonna Go My Way" from GT3 and his dubstep mix of "Flow" are the type of music he should be pursuing if he wants to move on from typical rock. I'd like to hear more of that stuff, really.
Fade broke up? Damn, I enjoyed some of the songs like Wake Up the World and Ten.

Fade broke up? Damn, I enjoyed some of the songs like Wake Up the World and Ten.
Not break up, actually, but taking an "indefinite break." Meaning they might come back within a few years or so. Apparently, signing up with Universal has caused the band members' opinions to be split or something.

So most popular will be forwarded... One Direction and Bieber wallpaper.

Here are some tuneful dirges for Lotus, Volvo and Mazda

Personally, I think all the inspiration needed and what would please many people would be an homage to the original GT1 intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BS_Bhrt_70

Heck, maybe even try and transition a song where each verse goes from GT1 to GT2 to GT3 (or all 6) intro style music, I think it could work.
Otherwise I'll drop these here, the first one I've been wanting to use in a montage for a long time. The last one is actually a simplistic mini montage I threw together in a couple of hours.

Last edited:
This is gonna be interesting...
I'll be uploading some things in these days... btw, Shirrako, do you have any exclusive piece of news about the upcoming updates? Anyway, sorry for asking about a different thing.
It's okay, I'm not well informed about updates since I'm more of the "GT Music guy".

Something is telling me that we can see a Spec 2.0 update soon with B-spec, Course maker and more,
It's just a feeling so it's not confirmed.

Less EDM, more IDM. Though that pretty much should apply to anything, it especially should for Gran Turismo. Or, you know, keep the rock.

Less EDM, more IDM. Though that pretty much should apply to anything, it especially should for Gran Turismo. Or, you know, keep the rock.
You mean EBM.

Well, I think he can rely on more adrenaline-pumping hard rock or even heavy metal. Judas Priest had a song each opin GT3 (Turbo Lover) and GT4 (Freewheel Burning), but i'm using JP here as an example.

Anybody else?

You mean EBM.

Well, I think he can rely on more adrenaline-pumping hard rock or even heavy metal. Judas Priest had a song each opin GT3 (Turbo Lover) and GT4 (Freewheel Burning), but i'm using JP here as an example.

Anybody else?
While EBM would be good, I did mean IDM. Which sounds great with night racing. Same with DnB and Dubstep to an extent. However during the daytime it doesn't fit that well.

For example if you're racing muscle cars at Laguna Seca, classic rock would fit better, but a time trial at night on the Nordschleife would fit good with the genres I mentioned.

Like that you could come up with a lot of genres which would fit with tracks/events/cars/times of day.

Back