Future of Gran Turismo OST by Daiki Kasho

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 56 comments
I like music that gives the game some special vibe.
Gran Turismo 1 did a great job at that. (the intro, car dealer music, menu, etc.)

Another game that had amazing music at that time was Need For Speed: High Stakes
The epic cars (F50, Diablo, F1 GTR, 911 turbo) with very good presentation (including music from Rom Di Prisco)
This combination was perfect.

It's okay, I'm not well informed about updates since I'm more of the "GT Music guy".

Something is telling me that we can see a Spec 2.0 update soon with B-spec, Course maker and more,
It's just a feeling so it's not confirmed.

I was thinking the very same, but it's even more exciting now that you said so jajaja.

Mason's 'Exceeder' is probably the quintessential electro house track.

This below is not house music, but it is inspirational and interesting, and definitely worth a listen.

Also, Daiki-sama, a remix of your song "Skyscraper" from Gran Turismo 3 could work very well as a house track.

Last edited:
I love Daiki's songs the way they are now, no need to change it in my opinion. One thing I do want is for all his songs to be on iTunes! :)

These are part of my personal GT6 OST :D
This is for night-driving racing

and this i've found it works surprisingly well on nurburgring, for some reason ;)

If you're into new-retro, there's Mitch Murder (especially around the 1:00 mark)

or volta cab

I don't know if it's ok to say this, but the OST from Konami's Enthusia Professional Racing is really something outstanding.
It mixes dance beats with violins and orchestral sounds, it fits just so perfectly in the heat of the race, it gives an epic but very upbeat and energic feeling. Really, outstanding.
Some examples:

Night-rain venice-like stage

Infinte-bridge stage

German-like track

and the 2 most beautiful songs, in my opinion 2 of the best tracks in videogames history :

Blots the Sun:

And Awakening Nurburgring Suite,

The last one, is amazing. Starts like ambient and slowly picks up. It continues to build up for all 9 minutes, the first time I raced at Nurburgring with this song, i was in tears. Extraordinary.

Come to think of it, I just remembered another song even before the 5oul on D!splay remix that seemed more towards electronica then rock:

Maybe this could another inspiration.

Last edited:
While EBM would be good, I did mean IDM. Which sounds great with night racing. Same with DnB and Dubstep to an extent. However during the daytime it doesn't fit that well.

For example if you're racing muscle cars at Laguna Seca, classic rock would fit better, but a time trial at night on the Nordschleife would fit good with the genres I mentioned.

Like that you could come up with a lot of genres which would fit with tracks/events/cars/times of day.
Like finding the right tools for the right job, I guess we can figure out which genres fit best at which setting (course, day/night, clear/stormy). I couldn't agree more!

Love Daiki's music, though I must admit I miss the old days when he did more industrial/electronic stuff than what he's been up to lately.

Don't know if it's too late, but anyway...so this is my favorite trance song, and just one of my favorite songs period. If any of you played Wipeout 3, you might remember it. Sasha composed most of that game's soundtrack, so definitely check it out if you enjoy this song.

Here's another one, a bit more modern and something I'd expect in a current GT game.

Another game that had amazing music at that time was Need For Speed: High Stakes
The epic cars (F50, Diablo, F1 GTR, 911 turbo) with very good presentation (including music from Rom Di Prisco)
This combination was perfect.

Absolutely, old NFS soundtracks are horribly underrated. Rom di Prisco is a genius, and this will always be one of my favorites:

Last edited:
Like some people said above (more or less), maybe it is easier to find inspiration with a particular track and setting in mind.
I think doing a song just specifically for Nurburgring, or the Tokyo circuit, or Matterhorn, could inspire much more than doing a number of songs that gets played randomly.

Just sayin'.

Love Daiki's music, though I must admit I miss the old days when he did more industrial/electronic stuff than what he's been up to lately.

Don't know if it's too late, but anyway...so this is my favorite trance song, and just one of my favorite songs period. If any of you played Wipeout 3, you might remember it. Sasha composed most of that game's soundtrack, so definitely check it out if you enjoy this song.

Here's another one, a bit more modern and something I'd expect in a current GT game.

Absolutely, old NFS soundtracks are horribly underrated. Rom di Prisco is a genius, and this will always be one of my favorites:

The first and third one are very cool! Maybe the first gets a little repetitive after a while, but that's my opinion.
Never listened to NFS music, very cool indeed.
(and you get my like just for your avatar :D )

The first and third one are very cool! Maybe the first gets a little repetitive after a while, but that's my opinion.
Never listened to NFS music, very cool indeed.
(and you get my like just for your avatar :D )

NFS II actually is my favorite! Had the best car selection and music, and I loved watching all the sizzle trailers and slideshows when I was a kid. As for my avatar, I wouldn't mind if Daiki stole a couple ideas from Out Run, Sega Rally, and Scud Race. All great soundtracks! I'd add Daytona to that list, but that's just too silly for GT :P

I'd love to see this in GT7. This song just has Gran Turismo written all over it. Just imagine rushing through Special Stage Route 5 or Spa-Francorchamps in a Viper GTS battling against GT-Rs and a few Mercedes AMGs.

...or if he can get Van Halen in GT4, then Sammy Hagar needs to be in a future GT game! Play this while racing in a Shelby GT-500 up against a few Corvette Stingrays, a Dodge Challenger, and of course, the Ford GT-40 Race Car at Willow Springs!

Last edited:
NFS II actually is my favorite! Had the best car selection and music, and I loved watching all the sizzle trailers and slideshows when I was a kid. As for my avatar, I wouldn't mind if Daiki stole a couple ideas from Out Run, Sega Rally, and Scud Race. All great soundtracks! I'd add Daytona to that list, but that's just too silly for GT :P

Daytona Usa 2's Skyscraper Sequence would fit perfectly on every night-racing event :D Especially on tracks like Special Stage Route 7

EDITED (i made a mess).

HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT THIS:

Sega GT 2002: Nightride

It was user for the "night-snowing-can't see anything" dramatic race. The song fits perfectly, and the electric guitar is awesome, especcialy at 1/3 and at the end of the song.

Back