G25 and G27 on the 360!!!

• Thread starter STICH666
  • 48 comments
at least the steer yanks in the right direction on impact, so there must be more than just rumble?

Not really if you watch closely you will see the wheel allways turns to the right (when he hits the right wall or the left one)

People expecting a good steering response with this device is going to be disappointed. Looks like a pad-wheel upconverter and no game played with a pad has a linear steering input also they have specifically assisted controls wich make things worse. With no direct ingame support and tuning controls would be an unplayable option and I doubt any company will give a player selectable option to support this non official device in its games.

Force feedback is even worse because the conversion is made only with the pad rumble effects, so no realistic counterstering forces or accurate game physics effects, only left and right simulated rumble in heavy actions and a spring effect at turning.

They will need a much more complex device in order to recompile on the fly all the xbox force feedback effects and convert to pc standards, a complex task. Also an external wheel configuration box would be needed to be able to adjust all the FF and turning parameters, like Fanatec did on its wheels. And that device it will need to be fast enought to avoid any input lag conversion.

Force feedback is even worse because the conversion is made only with the pad rumble effects, so no realistic counterstering forces or accurate game physics effects, only left and right simulated rumble in heavy actions and a spring effect at turning.

Oh I didnt realise that you had worked on the dev team of this device. Or that the one you orderd had even been delivered and you had pulled it apart to reverse engineer it.

Im not saying its good or bad or ugly. I still say if you want a good wheel on the x360..for the price of a g27, the adapter and a wired controller you could prettymuch have a gt2 anyway.

All I am saying is DONT TALK OUT OF YOUR ASS! Assumption is the mother, brother, sister and uncle of all $*%^ ups and your post was really nothing but an assumption using nothing more than completely unfounded guesses to describe how a new device that nobody has touched works. There are a couple of members on this forum that have ordered one and have said they will review it for us. So until they have it in their hands, Or you have it in your hands, or an official review by a reliable source is done. Keep your GUESSES to yourself and certainly dont state your guesses as fact. :dunce:

Just wait until the first user reviews, all the videos show this behaviour and is the way which it seems to work also there are all the other problems I mentioned(also seen in the videos: imprecise turning ratio, massive dead zone, sluggish control, etc..).

This way the results are far from an expected G25/27 native experience.

Last edited:
The guy from the video claims there could be firmware updates to improve this device and include more wheels.
Im not saying its good or bad or ugly. I still say if you want a good wheel on the x360..for the price of a g27, the adapter and a wired controller you could prettymuch have a gt2 anyway.
What about those who already have a PS3/PC wheel or just getting a DFGT? I would think the ones who requested wheel support on this device already has a wheel.
The only game I really care for a wheel on X360 is Forza series. Games like NFS:HP and Grid are awful with a wheel since they are design for a controller.

P.S Don't forget unlike Gt5 you can make wheel adjustments in the controller menu in FM3 so if you don't want to use 900 degree as shown in the video you can change it by software. (Most console games are not design with 900 degrees in mind.) Since you must first hook up a controller then the G25 wheel Fm3 may have set the center dead zone high just like it does for a controller. This dead zone would need to be adjusted in the controller menu more for a wheel.

Last edited:
What about those who already have a PS3/PC wheel or just getting a DFGT? I would think the ones who requested wheel support on this device already has a wheel.

Well for those that already have logitechs this is a Godsend. My post was obviously referring to somebody that doesnt have a wheel and wants x360 support. Then obviously the the choice is a gt2 as it is a better wheel and it works out about the same cost after buying a g27 and everything to make it work on the x360 :)

Looks like I will have to wait a bit longer,
i just received an email from play-asia.com where i pre ordered the XCM F-1 converter:
"We'd like to inform you that the release date of one or more of your ordered items has been updated. Therefore, the estimated time of shipping for your order may have changed as well.
product name XCM F-1 Converter
previously listed release date Jan, 2011
updated release date Feb, 2011 "

Got an email from Play-Asia today saying that it's shipped 👍

I'll get a review up as soon as I can. :)

guys i took the convertor today and what i say iam really dissapointed.it is unplayble with forza 3 and pgr4, no force feedback and the wheel runs only in 270 degrees like the microsoft wheel

Just an update to tell you that they really meant February because they just confirm the shipping today. (from play-asia) like 'the_greeze"
I might receive it before this Friday and be able to have a quick review.
But i am afraid if i receive after Friday, then I will be on holidays riding snow. Anyway i will sure start reviewing the device as soon as i can the weak after that.:)

Last edited:
guys i took the convertor today and what i say iam really dissapointed.it is unplayble with forza 3 and pgr4, no force feedback and the wheel runs only in 270 degrees like the microsoft wheel

That sucks...👎 Still, I'll have to find out for myself :ill:

That's strange since we've seen video clips of having ffb with forza 3 or is it only rumble? Since X360 racing games is design 270 degrees of rotation in mind this is better than 900 degrees. The only exception would be Fm3 which is the time Turbo S came out yet it still seems to be design with 270-360 degrees in mind.
It's possible in the near future it's firmware will be updated for ffb.
Does it at least have center spring?

Last edited:
That's strange since we've seen video clips of having ffb with forza 3 or is it only rumble? Since X360 racing games is design 270 degrees of rotation in mind this is better than 900 degrees. The only exception would be Fm3 which is the time Turbo S came out yet it still seems to be design with 270-360 degrees in mind.
It's possible in the near future it's firmware will be updated for ffb.
Does it at least have center spring?

yes only rumble and the center spring work but it is very difficult to drive

Back