G25, G27, and GT wheel adapter

• Thread starter Tcabrino
  • 20 comments
Brazil
Campinas
Evandrolo65
Has anyone here that plays on the PS4 tried the Maxrace F1 V5 for PS4 adapter?
I have seen some videos of people using it and saying it is real good. Would like to know if anyone has any opinions as it costs less than 1/5 of a t300 in Brazil.
1418705499_1.jpg

I'm moving to the US on August, and it is cheaper to buy this adaptor here and a t300 when I move than buying a t300 here. Racing games with the steering wheel are totally different. So I'm in doubt what to do.

Hello Tcabrino, I bought the version of this adapter for XBOX One, and it worked fine for the slower cars, but because of lag, it is very difficult to control the fastest cars, and after a short time using it, this made the accessory virtually useless, forcing me to use a cheaper wheel (the Spider Thrustmaster) that did not corresponded my expectations (I think the same applies for t90...). I hope my experience can help you make the right decision.

Hello Tcabrino, I bought the version of this adapter for XBOX One, and it worked fine for the slower cars, but because of lag, it is very difficult to control the fastest cars, and after a short time using it, this made the accessory virtually useless, forcing me to use a cheaper wheel (the Spider Thrustmaster) that did not corresponded my expectations (I think the same applies for t90...). I hope my experience can help you make the right decision.

Thank you! This helped me make my final decision. I will wait for Logitech to update us or for me to move and buy a t300. Just read this: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=162947167
Maybe we will have the support...

Has anyone here that plays on the PS4 tried the Maxrace F1 V5 for PS4 adapter?
I have seen some videos of people using it and saying it is real good. Would like to know if anyone has any opinions as it costs less than 1/5 of a t300 in Brazil.
1418705499_1.jpg
Yes I have been using this adaptor for several weeks on the PS4. Only using it on project cars.
It works very well. If there is lag (as had been stated) I can't detect it.

As for force feedback, in my opinion it works very well.

I only use the padels for gear changing so can't comment comment on how well stick works.

In short this is a very good adaptor and was mony well spent.

Geoff

The
Yes I have been using this adaptor for several weeks on the PS4. Only using it on project cars.
It works very well. If there is lag (as had been stated) I can't detect it.

I only use the padels for gear changing so can't comment comment on how well stick works.

In short this is a very good adaptor and was mony well spent.

Geoff
The reason why I hadn'd signed up until now because I did not feel the need, until now. The replies given to Tcabrino were not from people who have this adaptor. How do I know this is because they totaly wrong.

This adaptor allows my wheel to work just as well as it did on my PS3 in every way.

This adaptor allows my wheel to work just as well as it did on my PS3 in every way.

It's well known that these devices do not relay FFB properly as when there is a specific driver for the wheel in question. If you feel it's working for you then that's great, but most discerning wheel owners wouldn't be happy with the pseudo FFB & other issues that are currently experienced with this adaptor.

VBR
It's well known that these devices do not relay FFB properly as when there is a specific driver for the wheel in question. If you feel it's working for you then that's great, but most discerning wheel owners wouldn't be happy with the pseudo FFB & other issues that are currently experienced with this adaptor.

TCBRINO asked has anyone tried this adaptor. The replies he recieved all from people who obviously had not, and have based there replys on heresay.
He now has a reply from someone who has. He can choose to purchase an over priced wheel with rubish peddles and no gear shifter, or purchase this adaptor for a third of the price.

Exactly the kind of vagary dealt out by producers of these types of devices, and by their victims who are loathe to face up to having been had.

I know if I "cracked it" and got Logitech wheels working properly on PS4, I'd be putting irrefutable evidence on Youtube. I'd assume all the doubters, and go out of my way to do a seamless one take, with all equipment plainly in sight, and with no other equipment in sight. I would then show a clear demonstration of genuine force feedback aligned with on screen car behaviour.

As far as I know, this has not been done by any of these manufacturers. Care to make such a video yourself?

He can choose to purchase an over priced wheel with rubish peddles and no gear shifter, or purchase this adaptor for a third of the price.

You're nigh on comparing a "magic tonic" to penicillin there. I personally take great offense to the deriding of a product that has features such as ground-breaking brushless motor technology, and great offense to the logical extrapolation of deriding the company that spent the time and money developing it.

You are not a friend of sim racing.

Last edited:
Another problem I had with this adapter, in a recent update of the Xbox One, it stopped working, so I tried to to contact technical support from the manufacturer and I had no answer, luckily I found a video explaining an alternative way for the adapter back to work. This can happen at any time and we can not predict how long this will continue working.

The replies he recieved all from people who obviously had not, and have based there replys on heresay.
Your reply is as much heresay as all the others. You saying it works means nothing, especially given the fact there are no videos that prove this crap works as well as plugging in a wheel directly. And the reason there are no videos of that is because the product doesn't. You stake the claim that it does, then prove it.

Just don't, guys . This adapter is garbage.

Massive deadzone, input lag and no FFB. You are better off with a controller.

Actually, what this adapter do is trick the console to think that your wheel is a DualShock, or Xbox pad, hence why it doesn't work even remotely good.

We use racing wheels on racing sims due to the need for precision. Using this adaptor you are giving away that precision and giving money to a shoddy manufacturer. It's the kind of thing that doesn't make any sense.

If you happen to have an older Logitech, try to sell it. I did this and bought a T500RS and are still amazed by the quality of the Thrustmaster.

Actually, what this adapter do is trick the console to think that your wheel is a DualShock, or Xbox pad, hence why it doesn't work even remotely good.
Exactly. 👍 And because of this, the games apply various amounts of compensation and damping (because they think it's a controller), which is completely detrimental when playing with a wheel.

Waste of money, the only way this could work properly is if it could "fool" the console to think it has security chip in which case I think Sony would be seeing you in court. Just remember " cheap you buy, cheap you get"!!!

Back