G25/G27 Brake Mod

• Thread starter Fahim
  • 14 comments
http://www.nixim.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=3

Guy's this mod is better than his lastbrake mod which was basically just a rubber you put in original G25 brake spring. The new package includes 2 new springs , one for clutch and one for brake and a rubber insert for brake to make it feel real like car. Each spring designed special so you feel diff tensions throughout as your pressing for each clutch and brake. Work well & cheap.

Just ordered mine but got to wait until 2/5/2011 for delivery. I'm looking forward to seee how it compares to my mates Clubsports.

Last edited:
Just ordered mine but got to wait until 2/5/2211 for delivery. I'm looking forward to seee how it compares to my mates Clubsports.
I serious doubt my G27 or my body will last that long. Hopefully GT89 on the PS44 will be out by then.

Last edited:
Check this out:

The last one. Spring design combined with the rubber block effect.

Logitechpedalmod.jpg

These look like they might do the trick for most people. I've been considering the pedal from apelectrix but it's been like a year now and all you can really do is pre-order them now. The perfect pedal is too much money in my opinion, its hard to justify the price of the whole wheel over again for a pedal...so this looks like it might be the route I will take.

I'd like to somehow make the g25 pedals adjustable like the g27 for heel-toe aswell.

has anyone received their order yet? hows it feel? happy with purchase? I'm only asking this because i'm planning on getting this mod. I wonder if he still has stock.

Definitely interested as well.

k800yle New Member
"Just ordered mine but got to wait until 2/5/2011 for delivery." - Posted on 4/13/2011.

That doesnt make sense to me, could they have meant 5/2/2011 for delivery?

Definitely interested as well.

k800yle New Member
"Just ordered mine but got to wait until 2/5/2011 for delivery." - Posted on 4/13/2011.

That doesnt make sense to me, could they have meant 5/2/2011 for delivery?

Just the UK format for displaying the date, 2nd May 2011. We always write the date followed by the month/year. Just our upside down way of doing things.

Had mine delivered today so I;ll try and have a look at it tonight.

Last edited:
*feels like an ignorant fool :dunce: "

thanks for clearing that up mate! 👍

I ordered mine the other day after shooting an email out to them. I got a prompt response from "Dave" and he confirmed US/Europe orders will be shipping out next Monday.

Cant wait to hear your review!

I just got mine and it feels great
There so much more feel in brake than with the last mod
But i do not like the clutch spring so iv still got the standard one

All fitted and had a quick test.

On first opening the package they were delivered in, I did feel a little silly spending £20.00 for two springs and a small piece of rubber. I was also worried with the amount of resistance the springs offer whilst between your fingers as it was quite a force to compress.

Fitting was easy and took no more than 20 minutes. Just have to be careful when routing the cables as you close the peddle box back up.

Only used them on GT5 so far. Took a 458 for a spin at Trial Mountain, hit the brake on the first corner and exited the corner backwards...oops. The pedal now has far less travel than before but Wow is it easier to adjust your braking inputs once you have grown accustomed to the new throw. I'm actually surprised how much the brake feels like my mates Clubsports of which I love btw. I can now feather the brake with greater precision or give the pedal a quick jab to scrub off speed on the quick which I miss from my brief sessions with the Clubsports.

I look forward to testing it out on a game where deadzones can be adjusted (like S2U) but GT5 felt fine straight out of the box.

Only thing I'm not sold on is the clutch spring but didn't really have long enough to test to make a definitive judgment. If I can't get on with it i'll switch to the redundant oem brake spring for its greater resistance to the oem clutch spring. Time will tell.

So for my final verdict (if it's really worth anything) is that it's the best £20.00 I've spent in sim racing. Breathes new life into my tired G25.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
After about a week of initial testing, here's my mini-review:

I had to get acquainted with the new pressure, as I usually wear only socks.
The increased tensions are definitely intended for you to wear some light footwear.

Brake pedal - feels real good once you adapt to the throw and pressure. Im using the rubber piece so you dont have that bottoming out feel. Best Mod for the money of course if you dont want to pay an arm & leg for a load sensor based mod. The brake now has the progressive feel a real brake is supposed to have.

Clutch - I started with the included clutch spring and noticed the real increase in pressure required. IMO, it was a bit too progressive and stiff. The clutch almost felt like the brake pedal thats about 15% less stiffer. The Spring shortens the clutch travel distance to about 75% of the original distance - because of that, I noticed by H-T downshifting accuracy increase. It made it hard to miss-shift. However, the actual "feel" of it just didnt feel like a clutch Im used to on a normal car.

My final setup: Clutch - Using the stock G25 Brake Spring - Stiffer than stock, best simulates that smooth throw on a real clutch. Using this spring leaves you with the full throw of the clutch and increased pressure.

Gas - Using the stock G25 Clutch Spring - liking the increased tension. Might remove one coil to lessen the stiffness. I would like to make the stiffness a bit less than the clutch.

Brake - Nixim Spring w/ Rubber.

Latest Posts

Back