g27 and shifting into 7th

• Thread starter wht_rbt
  • 17 comments
i know people use a button for the 7th gear with the G25 so i think you can do the same with the G27. But there are alot of G27 user here. Somebody will give you the right awenser sooner or later. Hope this will work for you so you don't have to wait any longer

A logitech guy on the logitech forum is giving an hint for the G27.
I am not that confident that this will help; it seems more related to the clutch. Unfortunately I still didn't have the time to try.
Playing Prologue with the G27 without paddles is frustrating in my opinion.

GT5P
As I have only purchased the G27 to use with GT5P for PS3 and the new GT5 I am really disappointed to find that the shifters are not working. This is not an inexpensive product and as advertised on the Logitech web this is compatible with GT5P for PS3.

CharlesB Logi Product Team (Moderator)
GT5P - At the beginning of a race, pause, then press triangle (I believe). The H-Gate shifter mode was added at the very last instant as an undocumented feature by the Gran Turismo team.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/PLAYS...es-with-specific-PS3-games/td-p/400979/page/2

For 7th gear, the only car I'm aware that uses this is the f2007, I just use auto gears.

Main reason being that changing with the shifter as paddles don't work doesn't feel right on an f1 car.

I just had a thought about this, if you set any of the other buttons on the G27 as upshift or downshift, will it work? I know that the paddles work for functions other than shifting, because I have mine set for looking left/right.

For 7th gear, the only car I'm aware that uses this is the f2007, I just use auto gears.

Main reason being that changing with the shifter as paddles don't work doesn't feel right on an f1 car.

Ferrari California as well

i don't get why would some use h-shifter when in real life there isn't a single car with that kind of layout(7gears), when i'm driving f2007 or cali i just use paddles as i would in real life

Ferrari California as well

i don't get why would some use h-shifter when in real life there isn't a single car with that kind of layout(7gears), when i'm driving f2007 or cali i just use paddles as i would in real life

If you read rest of thread you would know this is all reference to the G27, which the paddles do not work for GT5P.👍

I just had a thought about this, if you set any of the other buttons on the G27 as upshift or downshift, will it work? I know that the paddles work for functions other than shifting, because I have mine set for looking left/right.

I tried with no luck, because I'd rather use two buttons, for shifting, instead of the gearbox.
I made several attempts , I am not sure I covered all the possibilities.

All the more reason why G27 owners are impatient for GT5!

I have a G25, but who knows how long one lasts! I'll likey have to buy a G27 at some point!

I HIGHLY recommend it. Silky smooth, no noise whatsoever, and three times the amount of buttons on the wheel to use when GT5 comes out. Also, if you are hesitating because of the lack of a sequential shifter, don't worry about it. I switched from a DFGT that only had a sequential shifter, and I haven't missed it at all. It was worth the money for me. 👍

Ugghh, I just discovered this tonight, I've been playing F1 2010 with my new G27 & decided to practice with GT5p. What a let down, I wonder why they never decided to make a patch?

Latest Posts

Back