G27/CronusMAXPlus/PS5 help

• Thread starter WRC_24
  • 14 comments
Canada
Canada
Hello guys, I need help to figure out how to get a G27 to work properly with a PS5 by using CronusMax Plus? I have made some tests already and I always come with the same problem….everything works perfectly at the beginning but after 8-10 minutes, the signal gets lost and the G27 stop working. I’ve been using the same setup on PS4 without encountering any issues and would like to continue using it with PS5.

I searched for info but can’t find anything about my specific problem so I try my luck here hoping someone else had the same issue and found a solution.

thanks a lot for the help and have a nice day

Not having a Cronus Max or indeed a PS5 I can't go in to specifies. But the 10ish minute time limit sounds a bit like something going into a power saving mode. Perhaps the controller is shutting down or the USB port or... something. Maybe have a dig around in the PS5's settings to see if there's anything that can be tweaked.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

While I don't use the CronusMax, I do have a DriveHub to use my Fanatec CSW V2 on GT Sport. Normally, it has the same problem where the wheel will stop working after 10 minutes. However, I was able to get it to work on the PS5 flawlessly by using the Hori Mini Pad PS4 controller:

I haven't had a single issue with cutouts or anything. Definitely worth considering, even if you have to get a DriveHub. It's certainly way better than having to buy a new wheel.

While I don't use the CronusMax, I do have a DriveHub to use my Fanatec CSW V2 on GT Sport. Normally, it has the same problem where the wheel will stop working after 10 minutes. However, I was able to get it to work on the PS5 flawlessly by using the Hori Mini Pad PS4 controller:

I haven't had a single issue with cutouts or anything. Definitely worth considering, even if you have to get a DriveHub. It's certainly way better than having to buy a new wheel.
I saw on Cronusmax official website that both peripheral are made by the same company so I suppose they work in a very similar way. I just ordered a Hori pad mini and should receive it in 4-5 business day. If it doesn’t solve my problem, gonna return it for refund

By the way, I never saw any video on youtube talking about that solution, could be a good idea to provide one if it’s working well.

I saw on Cronusmax official website that both peripheral are made by the same company so I suppose they work in a very similar way. I just ordered a Hori pad mini and should receive it in 4-5 business day. If it doesn’t solve my problem, gonna return it for refund

By the way, I never saw any video on youtube talking about that solution, could be a good idea to provide one if it’s working well.

Did it work with hori mini?

I have the same problem, cronusmax plus + g25 but the horipad mini did not help.. it turns on and deactivates itself after 5 secs... PS4 controller was ok for like 10 minutes but the horipad mini almost made the situation worse.

I have the same problem, cronusmax plus + g25 but the horipad mini did not help.. it turns on and deactivates itself after 5 secs... PS4 controller was ok for like 10 minutes but the horipad mini almost made the situation worse.
But it would be great to know the workaround if it worked for you somehow

But it would be great to know the workaround if it worked for you somehow

I did not got any good results either…. I ended up selling the Cronus Max Plus and buying a Cronus Zen instead.

It work flawlessly when I play PS5 or PS4 racing games…. definitely a good solution…. easier to setup and the Zen work better than the Max Plus

I did not got any good results either…. I ended up selling the Cronus Max Plus and buying a Cronus Zen instead.

It work flawlessly when I play PS5 or PS4 racing games…. definitely a good solution…. easier to setup and the Zen work better than the Max Plus
thanks for the reply, seems to be a reasonable choice but I am really afraid of having problems with the PS5 versions of the games... :/ I might give it a try but currently I am hesitating between upgrading to a T300 vs. Zen.

I bought the Zen in preparation for this game and my old g27 steering wheel. I'm happy to say it's working perfectly. There's nothing wrong with my g27 so finally I'm able to use it with the newer PlayStations. I've had this thing for almost 15 years and it's still going strong. $130 adapter was well worth the price

Got a gt27 and got gt7 on ps5 brought a zen after having a cronsmax on my ps4 but still having the drop out after 10min or so done everything crons said still the same problem any help would be good

Got a gt27 and got gt7 on ps5 brought a zen after having a cronsmax on my ps4 but still having the drop out after 10min or so done everything crons said still the same problem any help would be good
I made sure to get the wired controller they offer as an addon "sacrificial" controller. It's some $30 cheap wired knock off, but it's fully compliant. I have a feeling if you are using some wireless one, it'll shut off after some time, losing the connection to the playstation.

I bought the Zen in preparation for this game and my old g27 steering wheel. I'm happy to say it's working perfectly. There's nothing wrong with my g27 so finally I'm able to use it with the newer PlayStations. I've had this thing for almost 15 years and it's still going strong. $130 adapter was well worth the price
Could you please help me setup my G27 with CronusZen? I have no other hubs or anything, I can't find any instructions or videos about that. Thank you.

Hello guys, I need help to figure out how to get a G27 to work properly with a PS5 by using CronusMax Plus? I have made some tests already and I always come with the same problem….everything works perfectly at the beginning but after 8-10 minutes, the signal gets lost and the G27 stop working. I’ve been using the same setup on PS4 without encountering any issues and would like to continue using it with PS5.

I searched for info but can’t find anything about my specific problem so I try my luck here hoping someone else had the same issue and found a solution.

thanks a lot for the help and have a nice day
You must keep a ps4 controller hooked to the ps4 when using a cronus for it to work or the ps4 will keep looking for the controler and shut you down when it does not find it. use a hub for it to work

Back