G27 Driving tips on Pro physics

• Thread starter Asifx3me
  • 17 comments
asifx3me
I have been playing GT since GT1 always with a controller, when i heard GT5's November 3rd release ( not any more :( ) i thought i'd invest in a G27.

When i started i was spinning out even in Daytona but since then got the hang of things and playing through all the races with G27, only last week managed to complete S-10 on standard and i thought i was ready for Pro Physics.

Class C and B seem to be fine driving but driving more powerful cars i just keep spinning out of turns.

BTW im now going from no throttle to full throttle when exiting a turn. i have tried feathering, no throttle to 50% throttle even 0-20% throttle doesn't seem to work.

It feels like the wheels have locked up and pulling the car to one side and counter steering only makes things worse.

I would appreciate any tips you guys can give me because i want to be well versed with pro physics when GT5 comes out ( hopefully end of November :P)

thank you

I'm in a rush so I'll make this brief.

Your tyres have 100% grip to give. If you use 95% of that grip for cornering and 20% for acceleration you're going to spin. Likewise braking at 99%. If you turn slightly while full breaking you will spin out.

tl;dr Only accelerate when your car is almost in a straight line. I suspect you're dragging half throttle mid corner.

With powerful rear wheel drive cars you absolutely have to minimise the steering angle before you get on the gas... if the car is pushing/understeering and you've wound on steerting lock to make the turn, if you then apply the gas the car will oversteer.

When I switched from pad to wheel it took me a while to figures this out... with the pad you tend to overload the front tyres as you can apply lock very quicky but not very accurately... the advantage of a wheel is that you can be much more precise with the amount of steering lcok you apply... you need to use this to your advantage and adopt a slower in faster out style.

If your not using the clutch, try transistioning your braking and acceleration together, so your braking, and accelerating at the same time, alot of the more powerful rwd cars tend to oversteer because your putting all the weigh on the front wheels when braking, then when you accelerate the rear doesnt' have the grip it needs, so the wheels spin, and cause you to spin out.

Which view do you use?
It must be clox or bonnet for wheel play.
Read your speedo and ask yourself if you would try to take a corner at that speed Irl.
Gt lax a realistic sense of speed which is probably what you are struggling with. Go slower, use the correct view and practise sliding the cappucino until you're an expert, then jump straight into the tuned vette and attempt to hold even the slightest slide using what you have learned.....

Good luck

:irked:👍

thanks guys for the tips ill try to get on it.

the view i use is the closest to the track, don't know what its called but all you see is the dials.

the problem is if it was a rear wheel drive car, i can understand the insane amount of over-steer but i normally run with skylines and its 4wd.

for example the first turn and Fuji 680pp, im completely slow down lay of the brake, no throttle turn and line up on the rumble strip and a slightly on the throttle car's wheels lock and insane amount of oversteer.

i thought i was doing it wrong and i was watching replay of Fuji on the Ford GT and the top TT guy gives more throttle than me and he doesn't even twitch .

I struggling to get past 12-13 on the 680pp race in Fuji cause im taking turns too slow cause im afraid to oversteer

I don't think the GT is the best car to learn the wheel with!

Go try something a bit less powerful (RX7 for example), take it to Suzi, download the 10th ranked best time, watch his lap a few times then try to follow his ghost... best way to learn the wheel IMO.

OP, I purchased the G27 as well. I basically started the game from the beginning again with all assists off on professional. The slower cars in the beginning of the game are much more forgiving.

I still do have trouble with the higher end cars and oversteer, but then again, I haven't put alot of hours into the sim.

I will tell you what though, in RL I have a Brunton Super Stalker. It is roughly 300whp & 300 lb-ft tq and only weights 1500 lbs. Therefore it has basically the same power/weight ratio of many of the high end cars in this sim. I don't have nearly as much trouble in RL as I do in the game, I think it all really comes down to butt feedback from the road. Some things you just can't replicate...

The best thing to do is use a under powered RWD car like XK, RX8, Elise and just learn how to control them when oversteering to help you with car control then slowly build your way up to the faster stuff and then u should find it easy to control any car on the limit. The best track to do this on is Eiger Nordwand.

thanks alot guys only 11 days till gt5 want to be polished up but i still have to start from the bottom in gt5 so should be ok wit lot more races to learn from

I don't think the GT is the best car to learn the wheel with!

Go try something a bit less powerful (RX7 for example), take it to Suzi, download the 10th ranked best time, watch his lap a few times then try to follow his ghost... best way to learn the wheel IMO.

I did something similar to this after your advice (I couldn't remember exactly what you wrote, so I took the RX8 (I already had it, first car I bought) to Eiger and followed the 10th ranked guy).

I started off slow, like 1:25, then got down to 1:20 or so, and then started using a manual with a clutch, and I'm now down to about 1:19. That's pro physics, sim wheel settings, with all aids turned off.

Still 4.5 seconds off the fastest guy, but I'm getting better for sure. Is there anyway to know what assists the guys were using when setting those lap times? Are they using traction control and ASM? Seems like those would both help your times, but I don't know.

I've got a problem with the G27 now that I've gotten to the faster cars.

At high speeds (like 190+ mph) the wheel starts to whip back and forth and I have to keep a strong hold on it to keep it from flipping out and crashing.

I had this problem in NFS:Shift and someone had me increase the steering dead zone to about 5%, and that solved it. I don't see the option to adjust the steering dead zone on here. What are my options, other than a death grip on the wheel to keep it from spinning me out?

Wait till you get the Ferrari F2007 going around Daytona is madness, i have set FF- 7 and i have mounted my G27 on a pretty heavy table with drawers full of stuff but when i go around at full speed my table just shakes like some one is trying to tip it over lol

Its insane amount of whip on the F1 car

Good to hear you're improving :)

Try lowering the force feedback... I don't get that effect on any car other than the F1.

If you click on the times in the on-line ranking page you can see if the driver was using aids... though I think you'll find all the top times have no assists.

Still 4.5 seconds off the fastest guy, but I'm getting better for sure. Is there anyway to know what assists the guys were using when setting those lap times? Are they using traction control and ASM? Seems like those would both help your times, but I don't know.

When you go to watch the video, a window pops up showing the driver's settings. I'm on the same boat as you, best of luck!

Back