G27 Newbie

  • Thread starter Thread starter Theshireboy
  • 34 comments
  • 3,403 views
One last note to anyone else who makes the switch from DFGT, after a long straight and heading into a hairpin, don't try to stop by slamming your left foot on the clutch. I've been doing that a lot. It doesn't work. :ouch:

did that too hehe...adjust your clutch pedal plate...it should help. its the first thing i did to my g27
 
did that too hehe...adjust your clutch pedal plate...it should help. its the first thing i did to my g27

I actually just meant I was used to left foot braking, and so was hitting the clutch instead of the brake :dunce:. I swear you actually get whiplash when you hit the wall at that speed.

I have moved the pedal positions around a little, I thought I might need to disassemble them and re mount to work on my rig, but they are fine with a few minor adjustments, and still under warranty.
 
I actually just meant I was used to left foot braking, and so was hitting the clutch instead of the brake :dunce:. I swear you actually get whiplash when you hit the wall at that speed.

Having recently moved to the G27 from the DFGT I found I was doing this a lot as well. Took a little getting used to as I found I had to be more cautious on corner entry. It's a far more enjoyable and rewarding experience however.
 
It's a far more enjoyable and rewarding experience however.

Yep. When you get it right there's nothing like it. The extra sense of speed that comes with that added risk of losing control is just amazing.
 
I actually just meant I was used to left foot braking, and so was hitting the clutch instead of the brake :dunce:. I swear you actually get whiplash when you hit the wall at that speed.

haha yeah thats waht i meant- pressing the clutch instead of the brake and sometimes pressing both :eek: i moved the clutch pedal plate to the right and it helped a bit.
and yes, hitting the wall is kinda traumatic lol.. i have a couple of mini bass shakers installed on my rig and you really feel it when you hit the wall
 
Back