G27 or G29?

G27 or G29

• Total voters
United Kingdom
Druids Bend
Z4E_Midnight85
I've been looking at wheels (birthday coming up next month...) and I've found the Logitech G29 and G27. On Amazon on the Logitech site, the G29 is down to £149.99, but the older G27 is still at £249.99. Anyone know if the G27 is worth the extra £100 or if the G29 is a bargain at that price??

I've been looking at wheels (birthday coming up next month...) and I've found the Logitech G29 and G27. On Amazon on the Logitech site, the G29 is down to £149.99, but the older G27 is still at £249.99. Anyone know if the G27 is worth the extra £100 or if the G29 is a bargain at that price??
Also the G27 will not work on PS4

The only thing the G29 doesn't have that the 27 does is the shifter, but apart from rally games and trucking simulators I think they're pretty pointless so you're not missing out on much, especially given their awful implementation in Gran Turismo games. But at that price, even if you do want the shifter it's still cheaper than the G27.

Update: my lovely fiancée got me the G29 for my birthday! Now i need a few suggestions for a stand, because the ironing board - while it works - isn't going to cut it...

IMG_20170423_184423678.jpg

Look for something like this. It's an adjustable steel welding table from harbor freight (around 69 dollars in the USA.) Then mod it I have something close to this (invert the pedals and mount on the bottom legs

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-26_16-35-21.png
    upload_2017-4-26_16-35-21.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 17
I've been looking through there but it's a huge thread. Was hoping for suggestions for compatibility with the G29, and looks like a lot of the links in the master list on the thread are now defunct.

Try openwheeler on the list, several of us older racers (over 60s) have these and swear by them.

hope it helps you.

Stewy

Try openwheeler on the list, several of us older racers (over 60s) have these and swear by them.

hope it helps you.

Stewy
That's way too expensive for me. I've been considering the Playseat Challenge because it's in the realms of my budget, but really pushing it. I'm thinking I might get the GT Omega wheel stand - at least that way I can use it with the couch, etc.

I've just brought a Playseat challenge myself. Am still deciding on a wheel myself but will most likely buy a G29 for the price. Have to say if you tight on space or don't want a static rig, the Playseat challenge is the best option in my opinion.
Good to hear your experience with it once you've got a wheel. I'm not sure how stable it'll be, especially after a beer...

Back