"G27" setting for beginners

• Thread starter Betty blue
  • 17 comments
Saudi Arabia
Hofuf
Fishylocked
Hello everyone :cheers:

I recently bought a G27 wheel. Its amazing, but i'm struggling in getting used to it. I 've used the controller since GT1 showed up, so there is a huge gap i'm trying to solve.

I'm now using FFB on 2 with simulation steering type, its the best setting i 've tried. Any suggestions guys please?

It'll take a good time taking use to but it'll yield faster lap times and much more fun!

I turn FFB a bit more, to 6 or so, and keep it in simulation. Never tried active steering or control sensitivity thingy, but my suggestion is that you should learn to drive without aids from the get-go. ABS as 1 is sometimes a must but if you learn to drive without TCS and ASM your driving ability and your lap times will improve vastly.

Congratz on your purchase. I got my G27 years ago and it's been a ton of fun!

It'll take a good time taking use to but it'll yield faster lap times and much more fun!

I turn FFB a bit more, to 6 or so, and keep it in simulation. Never tried active steering or control sensitivity thingy, but my suggestion is that you should learn to drive without aids from the get-go. ABS as 1 is sometimes a must but if you learn to drive without TCS and ASM your driving ability and your lap times will improve vastly.

Congratz on your purchase. I got my G27 years ago and it's been a ton of fun!
Thanks mate i appreciate that.

I always drive without aids and ABS on 1, but it seems that throttle control is my biggest problem :nervous:

I recently bought a G27 wheel. Its amazing, but i'm struggling in getting used to it. I 've used the controller since GT1 showed up, so there is a huge gap i'm trying to solve.

I'm now using FFB on 2 with simulation steering type, its the best setting i 've tried. Any suggestions guys please?

The "simulation" setting doesn't apply to the G27 wheel for starters. If you look at the wheels that are highlighted when you set that up, yours isn't one of them.

Most G27 users run 4-8 in FFB with power steering off. Some run as much as 10. Find what you feel comfortable with is your best advice. I highly recommend the GTEYE brake spring upgrade. It's a much stiffer spring than the stock spring and feels more like a real brake spring. The only caveat is, you'll need a stable base to use it, the pressure you have to use is quite high, so I'm not sure it'll work if you have your pedals on the carpet for example. The service from Kristian at @GTEYE is topnotch.

For me it took quite a few months before I felt comfortable with it. My issue was it was nearly impossible to stop a spin out once I started to lose traction with the wheel but at some point without realizing it just clicked.
Hard going from something you are used to and good at to something you're terrible at but give it time. You'll be amazed you ever enjoyed the game with a controller.

If you want to do some online free rides to get used to it hit me up.
Grashopper
with 1 s

Try out the 670 degree setup here.
It might help you break in the wheel to use less degrees of rotation. You can recover from a skid much faster. But you should ween yourself off eventually so you can get the most out of your wheel.

Last edited:
When i got my g27 i found it easier to turn traction control off. Aldo getting the wheel and pedals in the correct place is important. Start off in the slower cars and gradually work up. Dont jump straight into the fastest car on the game

It might help you break in the wheel to use less degrees of rotation. You can recover from a skid much faster. But you should ween yourself of eventually so you can get the most out of your wheel.
Being using the wheel myself for 3 weeks now and this setting is the one I use for all the cars. Also for race cars I lower ffb to 2or3.it is ridiculous the amount of effort that's need to keep the sauber straight in LeMans

The "simulation" setting doesn't apply to the G27 wheel for starters. If you look at the wheels that are highlighted when you set that up, yours isn't one of them.

Most G27 users run 4-8 in FFB with power steering off. Some run as much as 10. Find what you feel comfortable with is your best advice. I highly recommend the GTEYE brake spring upgrade. It's a much stiffer spring than the stock spring and feels more like a real brake spring. The only caveat is, you'll need a stable base to use it, the pressure you have to use is quite high, so I'm not sure it'll work if you have your pedals on the carpet for example. The service from Kristian at @GTEYE is topnotch.
I do've playseat mate, so installation is not an issue for me.

Thanks for your tips mate that helps.

For me it took quite a few months before I felt comfortable with it. My issue was it was nearly impossible to stop a spin out once I started to lose traction with the wheel but at some point without realizing it just clicked.
Hard going from something you are used to and good at to something you're terrible at but give it time. You'll be amazed you ever enjoyed the game with a controller.

If you want to do some online free rides to get used to it hit me up.
Grashopper
with 1 s
Yeah mate sure, we can do that sometime later.

My pedals are on carpet, though they're against a wall, and the GTEYE works just fine. x2 on the suggestion, it's a very cheap and easy to install mod that adds a lot to the experience!

Thank you, I was getting tired of repeating myself on that one. :lol:

All the suggestions are spot on. I too felt like there was no saving myself from a spin out.

This......was HUGE
It might help you break in the wheel to use less degrees of rotation. You can recover from a skid much faster. But you should ween yourself off eventually so you can get the most out of your wheel.

Try steering sensitivity on 2 for most cars and 0 for Formula Gran Turismo, Red Bull, 97T etc - reducing the sensitivity on the very fast cars seems to help.

I have a friend who sets sensitivity to 4 for most cars - so experiment a bit till you find what suits you.

Good luck - once you get used to a wheel you will wonder how you ever used a controller, but the biggest thing is the increase in immersion and enjoyment. To max those up I suggest using cockpit view with HUD off for offline career mode races - the night races are great done that way especially if you also use the H pattern shifter and clutch.

I really appreciate that guys :cheers:

I figure out that i'm running with sensitivity on 7. I thought that its just effects on DS3 not on the wheel, that's what causes me spinning out all the time.

Do tell your impressions on the play seat. Did you go gt or f1?
I bought the gt evolution ;)

Its exactly like this

eBay32.jpg

Its great and gives good feeling, also its adjustable and flexible to restore.

Back