G27 value in 2020

• Thread starter Monopole
  • 3 comments
United States
United States
I got an offer from craigslist 210USD for G27 with stand (complete setup), should I get it? AFAIK, g27 is 10 years old is it a good wheel to start with?

Last edited:
I got an offer from craigslist 210USD for G27 with stand (complete setup), should I get it? AFAIK, g27 is 10 years old is it a good wheel to start with?

That's pretty much what they were selling for new at one point, so I'd say it is way too much money. The G27 is very similar in tech to the G29 & G920, apart from the addition of the DFGT's buttons graft. It also depends on what you want to use it with, for instance, if you wanted to use it on PS4 you'd need an adapter on top of that price too.

VBR
That's pretty much what they were selling for new at one point, so I'd say it is way too much money. The G27 is very similar in tech to the G29 & G920, apart from the addition of the DFGT's buttons graft. It also depends on what you want to use it with, for instance, if you wanted to use it on PS4 you'd need an adapter on top of that price too.
I use it on pc. I can't find a better deal elsewhere. 210USD is the cheapest I can find with clutch, shifter, force feedback, and stand. Buying online means I have to pay $20 tax and shipping. The newer G29 is ($233 + $60 shifter + $50 stand) *1.08 (tax)=$370 which is well over my budget. I wouldn't mind to have something less fancy if functions are the same.

Last edited:
I missed the stand part, if it comes with a stand then it's a better deal I guess. Still too much money for my liking though.

If money's tight you can always do what I do, if you have the time & some savings to invest/risk. I buy things cheap in bundles, keep one item, then sell the rest of the items on individually for all their money. That way, I get the item I want very cheap, as the money I get back on the unwanted items offsets the cost. It does involve a lot of buying & selling on eBay & Gumtree, so it's not for everyone. For instance, my current Fanatec CSR cost me just £4.10, & my CSR shifter set cost £1.22. And, my G29 pedals cost me -£0.03 (that price includes the G29 wheel as well). If you buy clever & sell clever, it's amazing the gear you can end up with. That's sim-racing on a shoe-string budget for you!

:)

EDIT: oh & by the way, welcome to GT Planet.

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Back