G27 wheel w/brook adapter not working

United States
United States
I've been using a g27 with a brook adaptar to play gts for the last few weeks with no issues. Today I updated the game and now i can only play for around 5 minutes before the wheel stops working (buttons and all) and the throttle gets stuck wide open. If I unplug the wheel, plug it back in and reconnect it works again for another 5-10 min and the same thing happens. I've tried different races/tracks/cars but it just keeps happening. Anyone out there having issue or know how to fix it?

Me too...The new PS firmware 5.5 will cut off the brooks super converter's connect every 10 mins, I just send the email to brooks, Hope they can fix this issue ASAP.

Well that sucks, thanks for the info.. .

The goddam SCE just want us to buy a new wheel then drop the old one, this is so wasted, hope brooks can crack it again with the upcoming firmware, I wonder does another kind of converter like Cronusmax have the same issue...

Last edited:
I was recently considering getting a chronusmax, guess I'll hold off for now. Probably really should just update my dfgt though

I have a DriveHub from Collective Minds and after 12 minutes of driving (about 15 minutes of the adapter being on), it’s still working fine *knocks on wood*. I haven’t downloaded any updates for it at all since I go at it and I have downloaded the newest PS update. Maybe it’s an issue with that specific adapter?

I have a DriveHub from Collective Minds and after 12 minutes of driving (about 15 minutes of the adapter being on), it’s still working fine *knocks on wood*. I haven’t downloaded any updates for it at all since I go at it and I have downloaded the newest PS update. Maybe it’s an issue with that specific adapter?

There is a very specific way to connect the devices and adapter and if you do it wrong you will lose connection every 10 min when the PS4 does an authentication check.

There is a very specific way to connect the devices and adapter and if you do it wrong you will lose connection every 10 min when the PS4 does an authentication check.

Huh, had no idea. Whenever I use the adapter, I plug the adapter in first and then plug my PS4 controller into it. Not sure if that’s “correct” or not but it’s always worked for me and still works tonight.

If you sure the DriveHub work fine with PS4 ver5.5, it will be a good news, becasuse the DriveHub is use the original PS4 controller for authentication check, I believe it can pass the authentication, I will go for it if you sure it still working. Thank you!

If you sure the DriveHub work fine with PS4 ver5.5, it will be a good news, becasuse the DriveHub is use the original PS4 controller for authentication check, I believe it can pass the authentication, I will go for it if you sure it still working. Thank you!

I’ve had it since GTS came out and it’s been incredible. My G27 works perfectly on it. I’ve had it on for the last hour and a half and still don’t have any issues. Buttons and FFB are still there. I think I read somewhere that it’ll be very tough for Sony to stop the DriveHub since it essentially tricks the system into thinking another wheel is hooked up. I don’t know about the intricacies of electronics, but so far so good 👍

I’ve had it since GTS came out and it’s been incredible. My G27 works perfectly on it. I’ve had it on for the last hour and a half and still don’t have any issues. Buttons and FFB are still there. I think I read somewhere that it’ll be very tough for Sony to stop the DriveHub since it essentially tricks the system into thinking another wheel is hooked up. I don’t know about the intricacies of electronics, but so far so good 👍

Yes, DriveHub is use the original PS4 controller for authentication, Sony is no way to block themselves device. Thanks brother! :D

Used my drivehub for over 1 hour last night after update 5.5 no issues so far. Will check in next couple of hours and update if issue.

Whats the force feedback like? Does it actually work properly or does it just simulate a vibrating controller? Because if it actually properly simulates a G29 for example thats amazing as the CronusMax for example, for it to work properly as far as I know you need to plug in a G29 into it first before it can simulate and force feedback to whatever other wheel you want to use if that makes sense.

Whats the force feedback like? Does it actually work properly or does it just simulate a vibrating controller? Because if it actually properly simulates a G29 for example thats amazing as the CronusMax for example, for it to work properly as far as I know you need to plug in a G29 into it first before it can simulate and force feedback to whatever other wheel you want to use if that makes sense.

I haven’t used a G29 so I have no idea what the FFB is like on it, but my G27 works exactly the same with the DriveHub as it did before I started using the DriveHub. FFB is still there just as it always was.

Ah yes I sorta brushed over the Drivehub, probably because finally that solution is the holy grail haha. Good ****, be nice if it worked with PS2 and PS1 but thats wishful thinking :P

I'm using Drive Hub on my racing seat with Logitech G25 and the G25 actually works a bit better FFB wise than it did without the Drive Hub on PS3 :D
Yes, Drive Hub is absolutely the holy grail of things.

Also, updated my PS4 Pro yesterday and didn't notice anything different during ~1h session.

I've been using a g27 with a brook adaptar to play gts for the last few weeks with no issues. Today I updated the game and now i can only play for around 5 minutes before the wheel stops working (buttons and all) and the throttle gets stuck wide open. If I unplug the wheel, plug it back in and reconnect it works again for another 5-10 min and the same thing happens. I've tried different races/tracks/cars but it just keeps happening. Anyone out there having issue or know how to fix it?

I cant even get mine to work, i plug it in and it configures and it does its spinning thing and i still cant use it. i cant get it to work. please help me someone!

I cant even get mine to work, i plug it in and it configures and it does its spinning thing and i still cant use it. i cant get it to work. please help me someone!
Any luck yet?

I recently bought one too and after a moment of going bonkers at the same problem, I found out that to activate it for use, you need to press the bottom left red button on the wheels face. This button is configured as the controllers PS Button for some reason :confused:.

To anyone else who may read this. I have another issue and was wondering if any of GT'S fine members could help...

Once I got it working the controls were all messed up. I had figured that it was because it was mimicking the controller and I have mine set up a bit odd (X and [ ] for go and stop :dopey:). So I searched about and found that there was an update to use it based on the G29. Now all the rest of the controls seem to work fine but the wheel itself acts like the d-pad, as soon as I turn the wheel even slightly it applies full lock (I tried the lock adjustments on the wheel as per @OdeFinn's guide but no success).Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this issue?

:cheers:

Any luck yet?

I recently bought one too and after a moment of going bonkers at the same problem, I found out that to activate it for use, you need to press the bottom left red button on the wheels face. This button is configured as the controllers PS Button for some reason :confused:.

To anyone else who may read this. I have another issue and was wondering if any of GT'S fine members could help...

Once I got it working the controls were all messed up. I had figured that it was because it was mimicking the controller and I have mine set up a bit odd (X and [ ] for go and stop :dopey:). So I searched about and found that there was an update to use it based on the G29. Now all the rest of the controls seem to work fine but the wheel itself acts like the d-pad, as soon as I turn the wheel even slightly it applies full lock (I tried the lock adjustments on the wheel as per @OdeFinn's guide but no success).Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this issue?

:cheers:
Sounds like a mapping issue, wheel rotation should be on the horizontal axis of the left thumbstick. Don't know what adapter you have, but I know that the advantage of the GIMX adapter is that you can set it up for nearly any usb game controller to simulate whatever controller you want because it's programmable with PC software. Not sure how that works with the DriveHub or the BROOK adapter.

Thanks for the reply, I'll see if I can remap the controls next time I get a chance :cheers:.

The weird thing is before I did the update on it the wheel control was working perfectly and the rest were messed up. Very odd situation.

Hi guys. I’m looking for some help and advice. I just got a g27 wheel and a brook adapter. However I have no idea how to properly connect it. So far I’ve just been plugging it in to the adapter and then to the ps4 but nothing on the wheel works that way. Do I need to be doing things like disconnecting the ps4 controller wirelessly and using it only with a usb wire? And using a usb hub?

Can anyone please explain what I’m doing wrong and how to get me wheel working on my ps4? I’m sure I’m missing steps.

I’ve already done the update for the wheel on the brook adapter on a pc.

Back