G29 Brake too stiff

• Thread starter Xavier9805
  • 4 comments
Italy
Italy
Every time i press the brake, i can't get it to 100% without going back a little with my chair. I tried to increase the brake sensitivity, but it's not very realistic.
I wanted to get a GTEYE/Nixim brake mod, but they say that the pedals are acually MORE stiff. What should i do to make the brake pedal more linear without increasing much the stiffness?

Best thing you can do is open it up and take out the rubber piece that's in there. They feel great without it and you can get 100% more easily. There are plenty of how-to videos on how to safely open it up, and it's honestly not that complicated/worrisome. Just some screws and careful opening it so the wires stay connected. They don't have much slack, that's all.

Yeah, it isn't the spring that is stiff - there's a rubber block in there as well. It can be removed, cut down a bit, or replaced.

The problem with removing it is that the G29 wheelbase does not calibrate the brake pedal, so you end up with a deadzone at the end. That can be resolved by fitting a resistor although it might take some trial and error to find a value that works well:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ch-g-wheel-owner.279149/page-15#post-11771763
This is the only solution that lets you use the full travel of the pedal, as any of the bung solutions reduce it by about 1/4.

Cutting the rubber block is the easiest, but it's destructive :) I'd guess that about 3/4 of its length should be about right to just feel it at the end of travel and not have it giving much stiffness, but I haven't tried this.

For taking it all apart, this is the best and safest way which won't damage any of the wires:

Back