G29 brakes? Ps4

• Thread starter mjm23race
  • 9 comments
United States
WI
mjm23race
a couple of questions. I did a search and nothing popped up. I just got pcars2 and a g29 but I've been racing games since before the original Gran Turismo. Anyways... It seems that I have to just about stand on the brakes to slow down. Is that normal? I calibrated the pedals, but it still seems that the cars shouldn't be that hard to slow down. Are there other settings I should use?

Second question is about the game recognizing my wheel. 1st time I fired up the game it didn't recognize my wheel. So I restarted the PS4 and made sure no other controllers were on. And the game recognized my wheel. I played in quick race for a while. Then I started a career and my wheel was not recognized again. What do I need to do? Thanks!

a couple of questions. I did a search and nothing popped up. I just got pcars2 and a g29 but I've been racing games since before the original Gran Turismo. Anyways... It seems that I have to just about stand on the brakes to slow down. Is that normal? I calibrated the pedals, but it still seems that the cars shouldn't be that hard to slow down. Are there other settings I should use?

Second question is about the game recognizing my wheel. 1st time I fired up the game it didn't recognize my wheel. So I restarted the PS4 and made sure no other controllers were on. And the game recognized my wheel. I played in quick race for a while. Then I started a career and my wheel was not recognized again. What do I need to do? Thanks!

If you look at the HUD you will see a Red Bar and Green Bar(near the speedo) move up and down when you Brake and accelerate, make sure the red bar goes all the way to the top when you apply full brakes, if it doesn't recalibrate the brake pedal.
Or you could be locking the brakes up which will increase your distance, try less brake pressure to stop them locking up.
Could be numerous other reasons but there the simple ones to try first, have no problem with the distance it takes to brake in PC2.
Edit: You have to treat the brakes in pc2 like a real brake pedal, you can't just go full force and expect it to stop you need to modulate it a bit.

Make sure you either start the PS4 with your wheel (press the ps button) or always connect your wheel first before a controller. If you connect a controller first it doesn't reconize the wheel.

I'm on the XBox side of the coin with a G920, but I think the wheels are effectively the same under the hood. There is some sort of spacer inside the brake that gives extra resistance. I could only muster about 40% brake input under normal use. I could spike it over that with all my effort.

But then I realized I needed to calibrate my pedals in the game. Once I did that I have full input according to my available range of motion. Now I'm able to lock up the brakes more than I ever wanted to. ;)

Thanks. I will try calibrating again to make sure. When I was easy on the brakes it seemed to not scrub much speed. Locking the brakes slowed it more than modulating the brakes.

Thanks. I will try calibrating again to make sure. When I was easy on the brakes it seemed to not scrub much speed. Locking the brakes slowed it more than modulating the brakes.
I'm on the XBox side of the coin with a G920, but I think the wheels are effectively the same under the hood. There is some sort of spacer inside the brake that gives extra resistance. I could only muster about 40% brake input under normal use. I could spike it over that with all my effort.

But then I realized I needed to calibrate my pedals in the game. Once I did that I have full input according to my available range of motion. Now I'm able to lock up the brakes more than I ever wanted to. ;)
Or you could do just as I did, and as many of G29/G920 users did, and open the pedals set and remove that rubber piece sitting inside the brake pedal.
I used to suffer a lot to reach 100% brake, it was so stiff!
When I removed that rubber spacer, the brake was too soft. That's where GTEYE custom brake spring comes into play. It's a modified progressive spring for the brake pedal.
Check it here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-must-have-upgrade-for-any-logitech-g-wheel-owner.279149/
Check the last 3 pages where I list my experience.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180205-083926.jpg
    Screenshot_20180205-083926.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 28
Unless I'm getting blind (which could be) I couldn't find any mention of price anywhere!
As picture above says:
The price is still $75.00/unit plus shipping (increased by the USPS for 2012) $5.00 US and $16.95 Europe and $12.95 Canada.

You may ask more from me if you order one, here's few old pics from my installation, few years ago.. Cats.. :)
IMG_0761_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg
IMG_0772_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg
IMG_0773_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg
IMG_0777_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg
IMG_0778_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

Back