G29 ff wheel is jumping to options menu during online racing UPDATED, RESULTED!

• Thread starter atalayant
  • 36 comments
United States
United States
Do you get that ever? I race online, and the wheel opens the options menu or takes a screen shot for no reason! Frustrating! i know i am not touching any buttons... what to do? thanks!

It's happened to me about once or twice a week and I use the Thrustmaster, usually after three very fast downshifts and on the exit of right hand bends just as the lock is straightening out....so have been working to try and spread more time between the shifts if possible lately.

It's possible turning in slightly followed by braking/downshifting quickly causes it rather than braking/downshifting in a straight line and then cornering.....will record any replays the next time it happens if I can't make a mental note of what happened.

Not good in a final when the hazard lights come on as a result!

Last edited:
Every now and then I get the popup on my T300 as well. It's only happened maybe 2 or 3 times but annoying as hell on say a qual lap....

I'm hoping it's not something wrong with the wheel itself.

Same here. It's maybe happened 2 times to me in the past month with my t300. I'm wondering if it's just the games itself since multiple people are having the same issue.

well, i see that i am not the only one therefore, this must be a game bug. i hope game creators fix it soon... i don’t know how to notify them, though.

I've had it happen a few times with my T300RS. Someone on the T300/500 thread was saying it was a hardware thing, due to bad connections between the wheel and base, but if it's happening with the G29 too that can't be the case.

well, i see that i am not the only one therefore, this must be a game bug. i hope game creators fix it soon... i don’t know how to notify them, though.

Most people are responding about the T300 though. I have a G29 and this has never happened to me. Do you have a DS4 connected at the same time?

Its the first I've heard of it on a non-T300 wheel, which makes me think its a bug with GTS. Last night my wheel did utterly stop working in the middle of a race of course. I did manage to rack up 50 seconds of penalties before I unplugged it, so I think that's a record.

Most people are responding about the T300 though. I have a G29 and this has never happened to me. Do you have a DS4 connected at the same time?

I did have a DS4 on and charging last night. Not something I do normally, is that considered something to trigger the pause glitch? That hadn't happened in a couple weeks at least.

Jerome

nope... i also disconnected my multi controller charger. happens once or twice a day on online races, so annoying. it maybe the low speed of my internet comnection, 8 mbit! can not upgrade to optic lines, underground is not close by to the main avenue, which the optic line is present. so, maybe the info online is not picked up fast enough, 32 ms. ping time, dont know if its fast or slow for today's measures... well, pff... i race by the hope of not getting flash of "continue, options, and exit" screen during the hot lap on the chicane, driving first on the last lap, haha!

I did have a DS4 on and charging last night. Not something I do normally, is that considered something to trigger the pause glitch? That hadn't happened in a couple weeks at least.

Not sure, but it is something I would consider troubleshooting. Although Ive put a good amount of hours in this game and usually have a DS4 turned on too (never had the options problem), so idk.

I've not had it happen for a while and I never have a DS4 on now. Before they fixed the FFB I used my wheel in PS3 mode and always had a DS4 on. It could be related.
Or maybe not. If there is a rarely occurring bug in the game there will be a few people who never see it, a few saying it happens all the time, and lots seeing it occasionally. And there will be people who are convinced that they have seen a correlation which is actually just down to chance. :guilty: I pity the poor software engineer who has to track this one down.

Very strange that it seems to plague the T300 but only rare cases on the g29. Clearly an issue with the game, but what makes the T300 more susceptible?

Do you get that ever? I race online, and the wheel opens the options menu or takes a screen shot for no reason! Frustrating! i know i am not touching any buttons... what to do? thanks!
Same here on my T300rs. Has to be a glitch. Has not happened the past few days though.

Little OT about the G29, it has a way to set the rotation degree like the Thrustmasters witch a combination of button and d-pad?

Or it works only with the degree gt sport assign by default?

Tank you very much, waiting for black friday :cheers:

One question a bit aside from the main topic. From all of you guys (T300RS owners) is there a person who is experiencing this button press issue with T300RS GT edition ? I'm asking because I'm currently looking for a wheel and this seems to be my best option but this is really frustrating, and somewhere I read that T300RS GT is the latest released version (even though it is basically t300rs + t3pa pedals but maybe a later batch) where all those issues have been fixed?

I really do hope this to be a software bug from GT Sport because having so many people complaining from the same thing, using the same wheel...well it just doesn't speak too well about Thrustmaster's durability and reliability.

One question a bit aside from the main topic. From all of you guys (T300RS owners) is there a person who is experiencing this button press issue with T300RS GT edition ? I'm asking because I'm currently looking for a wheel and this seems to be my best option but this is really frustrating, and somewhere I read that T300RS GT is the latest released version (even though it is basically t300rs + t3pa pedals but maybe a later batch) where all those issues have been fixed?

I really do hope this to be a software bug from GT Sport because having so many people complaining from the same thing, using the same wheel...well it just doesn't speak too well about Thrustmaster's durability and reliability.

Yes, I've got the GT edition and I've had it happen a few times. In fact I had one yesterday when I didn't have a DS4 on, so that's that theory out of the window. It's not been a huge problem, occurring maybe once in every two or three hours driving.

Allright, my G29 is to blame for sure! It died on me while racing, today, haha! Started acting up on GTSport, looking for options screen, broadcasting the game, then disconnected from PS4...

So, I checked it on Project Cars 2... same things happened every two minutes.

I checked and replaced possible squished or broken pedals to wheel cable, and even the wheel to ps4 usb cable! Nothing changed. Tried opening the wheelbase case, was impossible to totally check inside, was sealed pretty well. Then, I closed the wheel case... It died a minute later, totally.

It was electronics problem inside for sure... goodbye G29!

Tossed it to garbage... ordered Thrustmaster 300RS GT edition! Almost twice the price and newer technology, I hope I will enjoy more with that one... Just I have to wait for a week for delivery.

Thanks for the ideas and support, people!

Allright, my G29 is to blame for sure! It died on me while racing, today, haha! Started acting up on GTSport, looking for options screen, broadcasting the game, then disconnected from PS4...

I checked and replaced possible squished or broken pedals to wheel cable, and even the wheel to ps4 usb cable! Nothing changed. Tried opening the wheelbase case, was impossible to totally check inside, was sealed pretty well. Then, I closed the wheel case... It died a minute later, totally.

Tossed it to garbage... ordered Thrustmaster 300RS GT edition! Almost twice the price and newer technology, I hope I will enjoy more with that one... Just I have to wait for a week for delivery.

Err didnt the t300 come out before the g29? 2014 I think? Your G29 sounded fixable, you just didn't know how to dismantle it properly.

I had my first G29 have an issue, something came loose inside the wheel base's housing. Keep in mind I bought this wheel March of this year (2017) Needless to say, I got on Logitech customer support site, asked them if it was something I should have replaced or sent in for warranty. Those guys ended up sending me a brand new one for free. Told me to keep the old one

I have this issue on the T300 and believe it's a wheel related issue. I've owned two T300RS bases and 3 different rims and have the same issue with any combination. It also happens on other games as I used to do lots of F1 league racing and had the same thing happen. It's very rare but more hardware than software related I think.

Don't want to spoil your enthusiasm about your new wheel, but you are aware that lots of T300RS come with the random button press out of the box, right? I really hope that your new wheel won't have that problem though!

It's happened to me about once or twice a week and I use the Thrustmaster, usually after three very fast downshifts and on the exit of right hand bends just as the lock is straightening out....so have been working to try and spread more time between the shifts if possible lately.

It's possible turning in slightly followed by braking/downshifting quickly causes it rather than braking/downshifting in a straight line and then cornering.....will record any replays the next time it happens if I can't make a mental note of what happened.

Not good in a final when the hazard lights come on as a result!

Hum. does this glitch only happens in GTS??? Have you tried the wheel in other racing car games and it happened too??? (I´m having it with my T500RS on GTS (only in the last week... after 1.06 update)

Hum. does this glitch only happens in GTS??? Have you tried the wheel in other racing car games and it happened too??? (I´m having it with my T500RS on GTS (only in the last week... after 1.06 update)
Just GTS for me

Its a defect g29 issue. I guess the cable running thought the axle to the base gets loose due to rotation. Warranty issue..

Latest Posts

Back