Want To Buy G29 Wheel board

Discussion in 'The Trading Post' started by The Seventh, Jun 18, 2019.

1. The Seventh

The Seventh

I took my g29 wheel apart to fix the sqeaky noise. Fixed it, but broke that tiny ps3/4 switch. :(

Anyone selling a wheel alone or the board as spare parts? Or know where on earth I could find one? :(

2. asteroulis

asteroulis

Any pics? An electronics guy can surely replace a simple switch even with a non official one.

3. The Seventh

The Seventh

Right, thanks for the reply. Yes I suppose I could try to desolder it. But I would not know what is the part number. Or type of switch that would fit in there. Any advice?

Attached Files:

4. The Seventh

The Seventh

The switch is just at the center most top of the board.

5. opelgt1969

opelgt1969 Premium

The switch should have a part number printed on it local hobby shop should have replacement.

The Seventh likes this.
  6. Gogga

Gogga

Simple fix.
    I had the same issue. I tried various hobby/rc stores to no avail.
    The solution: Buy an extremely cheap Chinese made mp3 player that has a slide switch as the on/off button. Its so cheaply made you can literally dis assemble it with your hands. De-solder the switch from the Mp3 player and your wheel. Be careful when you are applying heat to the board of the G29. I highly recommend you use some heat shield tape over the LED lights on the board which are in close proximity to the ps3/ps4 switch.
    When putting your wheel back together make 102% sure the tiny switch is aligned with the switch on the base before you put any force to it, if not you are back at square one. This is the reason your switch broke in the first place, well maybe not but it was in my case.
    Good luck with the repair. Don't despair, its a simple fix. Just be gentle. Treat it like a lady ;)