GAIJIN SMASH Drift Team [Need help organizing a new breed of comp]

• Thread starter ISLYDWAYZI
  • 73 comments
Japan
Okinawa, Japan
ISLYDWAYZI, MLD_Oki-SLYD
IISLYDWAYZII
Hey guys welcome to the GAIJIN SMASH Drift Team thread. This team is being created by ISLYDWAYZI And Dak0tafann1ng. We are both living in okinawa japan and we drift to have fun. We are all about the tandem drift and also enjoy speaking in japanese. We are here to have fun and although this team is new, well, the drifters are not. I have been on some of the big teams like BURST and Team APEX and have been a recommended drifter by SAI-66, along with several other major drifters in the community. This team is not about the baddest drifters, or the cockiest, we are here because this community needs people who really drift to start this VDU or as i like to call it the Virtual Drift Union. i plan to be more active now that the home life has stabled out and plan to be an avid member of the forums along with the drifting in comps and other team lobbies.

As GAIJIN SMASH, we don't go by the, only drive with our team members and kick everyone else out style" we will drift with anyone and everyone, as long as its fun and the tandems are crazy, as everyone who has drifted personally with me knows, i like to push the limits. we arent a professional team and don't claim to be drift kings considering we live in japan. but with what we've learned here thus far, anyone can be a good drifter with the right attitude. We hope to see everyone out there on the track later and will be making new names for our PSN team Accts. until then guys, feel free to drop by and post whatever you like. (in regards to drifting, cars, music, funny videos, jokes, ((humour is def a good thing round herr')) oh yea and japan lol we love talkin bout it,)

The History of a Drifter

ISLYDWAYZI A drifter from a past where PS3 was a backthought and Forza2-3 was all that existed in the sim world of drifting, kinda like a kid growing up in the country and not knowing that there was a big wide world out there. ISLYDWAYZI first started driving on non arcade sims with gt2-3-4 back on the PS2. Searching through Youtube and finding some amazing drifting going on on FM2 he had to get it and give it a try. ISLYD began like any other noob would and hunted down the coolest looking drift team video owner/drifter that could be found and begged to join the team after finally getting XBL and 3weeks of controller practice. trust and believe, there was nothing special about the drift that was showcased for the team to even consider, but the persistence of trying and tryin earned him the right to hang out with the team (Team GODFATHER). after learnig the ropes on the controller and getting to the point where drifts were almost second nature, he spawned the urge to leave his drifting nest. ISLYD went out and saw the world of sim drifting and the monster competitors there where along with the intense competitions. After almost a year of controller drifting, ISLYD began to notice that there where differences in some peoples drifting, not small but drastically large differences. ISLYD (at the time, CK K1llaslid3) met SLYDWAYZ. now its well known that this guy is a Grade A rhymes with Foosh-Bag. but to ISLYD, he was the best. It was due to the wheel. there had never before been the sight of such smooth lines and consistent tire rotation. ISLYD had to have it. after a great friendship sparked due to ISLYD purchasing the Microsoft wheel and training under SLYD, ISLYD and SLYD became good friends for a good while and then the name ISLYDWAYZ was born. Not only did the names match but the drift lines where spot on, tandems where always immaculate provided there weren't any crazy car collisions going on. (Noob Rooms) as the rise of FM3 came and FUji was introduced it only developed even more skill in drifting not only together but with anyone. At the first light of a GT5 coming out with a 900 degree wheel, and actual tire smoke, ISLYD and SLYD had to leave the turn 10 studios. Upon reaching GT5 ISLYD after SLYD, the real drifting began, but it wasn't an easy task, both felt they were in an entire new world and it was quite a learning curve to adjust to. but with help from good friends, DriftZz and other seasoned GT5 wheel drifters, they caught on. but there was a slight demise in the friendship, there was no fighting, just frustration due to the learning curve being harder for ISLYD to conquer then SLYD, considering the crazy mirror images they once where. After a long break from GT5 due to personal issues ISLYD returned only to find that his drift brother, was not only hated by the community, but no longer really active. ISLYD took that opportunity to develop, taking opportunities to join other teams and learn more from other drifters that had more experience than either ISLYD or SLYD. ISLYD began to grow, almost like a caterpillar into a butterfly. Drifting with some of the greats, following his style of finding who was better then him and learning all he could from them. ISLYD encountered and befriended people who not only were amazing drifters, but also awesome people to just hang with. no an avid DFGT user and known by much of the community, ISLYD Ventures out into the world to finally do the Next Step.... Create his own drift team, thus GAIJIN SMASH was born!!!

Current Members

PSN: ISLYDWAYZI/TGS-Kenji (comming soon)
Car Choice: Currently JZX100 Chaser, 240SX Hatch, FD RX-7
Tool of DRIFT-struction: Logitec DFGT
Stlye: wide track usage
Tandem Lead or Follow: Follow

PSN: DaK0taFaNn1Ng/ TGS-Keru (comming soon)
Car Choice:
Tool of DRIFT-struction: Logitech DFP/DS3
Style:
Tandem Lead or Follow:

Past Drifting Videos:

This is one of ISLYDWAYZ (oragne Viper) and LR-L2L-DriftzZ (white Viper)
http://youtu.be/2hlw4FhcJlY

We will be recruiting and have just a few rules, we arent trying to take the whole GTP with us, but bring them all along at the same time. if you feel you can tandem, whether its wheel or DS3, (preferred wheel) then sign up and a simple trial on a few tracks will be set forth. Lead, Follow, then be the middle car of a 3 way tandem. We are not expecting perfection in the drift but at least show that u do know what your doing. if not then its still alright, we would love to have some drifters hang out with us new or old and just get better around us (follow the story of ISYD). Every decent to pro drifter had to start somewhere XD
To Sign up just post and follow the OP Style... alright guys that's all for now. see ya on the track!!!

Last edited:
Hey Sly... best of luck with this team your a great drifter and an awesome guy!.. good luck from me and all the RedSuns members!

thanks everyone i hope we go far, this is the first time im actually starting a team of my own so wish me luck guys and lets just have fun eh!! XD

really and honestly thatnks guys for the support i really appreciate you guys stopping by

Wait so SLYD went with ISLYD and did what with ISLYD when SLYD wasn't looking at when ISLYDWAYSI went to far with TEHSLYDENATOR?

Ohnono, ISLYD got a little close SLYD and SLYD got a bit confused and is now stuck inside ISLYD, now ICHILDLINE can't do much thanks to ISLYD's lawsuit due to the previous incident with ICHIlD and his IPAD.

Wait so SLYD went with ISLYD and did what with ISLYD when SLYD wasn't looking at when ISLYDWAYSI went to far with TEHSLYDENATOR?

Ohnono, ISLYD got a little close SLYD and SLYD got a bit confused and is now stuck inside ISLYD, now ICHILDLINE can't do much thanks to ISLYD's lawsuit due to the previous incident with ICHIlD and his IPAD.

Haha:tup:

Good luck slyd. Its a small world man because i actsuly have a couple of buddys that lived in japan and where in a drift team called Gaijin Smash. There names Chris Conley, Chris Dejager, Kevin weihoss. Do you know them?

k0di
Good luck slyd. Its a small world man because i actsuly have a couple of buddys that lived in japan and where in a drift team called Gaijin Smash. There names Chris Conley, Chris Dejager, Kevin weihoss. Do you know them?

Yea thats where we got the name from. TGS-Keru actually knows the guys from when he was in highschool

TL;DR

If you want tips on how to have an OP that grasps people in, read the sticky on the Drift Meets section - or click the green link in my sig, same place :)

TL;DR

If you want tips on how to have an OP that grasps people in, read the sticky on the Drift Meets section - or click the green link in my sig, same place :)

is my op not graspy enough? i dont know id rather do mine the way i enjoy it to be done.. the catchy part not so much to worried about

i like the OP SLYD! good luck with your new team.... and i wont be going too far away so if i catch you online ill definitely slide w/ you my dude. 👍

hope all is well over in japan.

Good times haha.
hahah definately was man hwd ya like the Meihan section?

i like the OP SLYD! good luck with your new team.... and i wont be going too far away so if i catch you online ill definitely slide w/ you my dude. 👍

hope all is well over in japan.
yea everythings goin.. ok as far as... well im not dead lol but yea man hurry back i miss the tandem times bro

Back